Articles by Connor Sheets
- Did Rihanna Flash Illuminati Signs At 2013 AMAs?
November 24 2013 10:11 PM
A hand signal Rihanna flashed at the 2013 American Music Awards launched a new round of rumors that she is a part of the Illuminati.
- Angola 'Bans' Islam, Dismantles Mosques, Reports Say
November 24 2013 6:35 PM
"This is the final end of Islamic influence in our country," President José Eduardo dos Santos said.
- New TPP Talks Decried As Most Secretive To Date
November 22 2013 3:22 PM
Activists say that the newest round of talks over the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), which are being held in Utah, are the most secretive to date.
- Behind The #HiçDurmadanHizmeteDevam Movement
November 21 2013 5:14 PM
A controversial decision by the Turkish government to close the nation's private "prep" schools sent the Turkish phrase "Hiç Durmadan Hizmete Devam," loosely translated as "do your service without stopping," trending on Twitter Thursday via the #HiçDurmadanHizmeteDevam hashtag.
- Reimagining The JFK Assassination In The Digital Age
November 21 2013 10:44 AM
What would have happened if President John F. Kennedy had been assassinated on Nov. 22, 2013.
- Meet Sylvia Browne's Widow, Michael Ulery
November 20 2013 10:29 PM
When psychic Sylvia Browne passed away on Wednesday, she left behind widower Michael Ulery, who was Browne's fourth husband.
- Exploring 7 Crazy JFK Assassination Conspiracy Theories
November 20 2013 2:38 PM
Wacky conspiracy theories about who killed President John F. Kennedy persist 50 years after his assassination.
- Is Charging Anti-Drilling Protesters $5,000 Unconstitutional?
November 19 2013 6:38 PM
Legal experts weigh in on the constitutionality of a bill that would levy a $5,000 fee on certain anti-drilling protests.
- Who Is 'Jerome' In Kanye's 'Bound 2'?
November 19 2013 1:12 PM
Kanye West's song "Bound 2" mentions a "Jerome" repeatedly. Find out who Yeezy is talking about.
- '5 Reasons To Date A Girl With An Eating Disorder' Ignites Controversy
November 18 2013 8:32 PM
A disgusting article titled "5 Reasons To Date A Girl With An Eating Disorder" has left shocked readers wondering if it is just a case of a callous troll, or the genuine sentiment of a heartless misogynist.
- How To Fight The Trans-Pacific Partnership
November 18 2013 7:50 PM
Find out how to fight, protest and maybe even stop the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) from moving forward as it is currently written.
- US Citizens To NSA: See You In Court
November 15 2013 6:34 PM
The NSA's surveillance practices are being challenged in a wide range of lawsuits filed since Edward Snowden began releasing documents.
- 5 Scary Provisions In The Leaked Trans-Pacific Partnership Chapter
November 13 2013 1:41 PM
Advocacy groups and independent organizations have begun parsing the document, and they have already found quite a few problematic passages.
- Facebook, Meet The 'What Would I Say?' App
November 12 2013 9:40 PM
"What Would I Say?" is one of the hottest new apps to hit Twitter and Facebook in a while, and for good reason: It's hilarious. Here's how it works.
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday Scams To Avoid
November 12 2013 7:05 PM
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are two of the year's biggest shopping events, offering a wide range of sales and deals, but scammers also know they're great days to rip people off.
- Pet Paint: A Hot New Trend In Animal Costumes
November 11 2013 1:29 PM
Pet Paint is the newest trend in animal costumes, providing a way for people to spray patterns directly onto their dogs' fur.
- Anti-GMO Group Calls On Consumers To Label Foods Themselves
November 09 2013 11:59 AM
GMO Inside launches a new consumer self-labeling campaign using downloadable labels.
- Surviving The 'Deadliest Drive In Africa'
November 08 2013 11:19 AM
An American photographer tells the story of his treacherous, 13-hour bus ride from Lagos to Abuja in Nigeria.
- Super-Strong Typhoon Haiyan Approaches Philippines
November 07 2013 1:50 PM
Super Typhoon Haiyan -- one of the strongest storms ever recorded according to some reports -- is headed straight for the Philippines, threatening millions of people with its Category 5 fury.
- Taking A Bite Out Of Biotech: GMO Apples Rejected By McDonalds, Gerber
November 07 2013 11:57 AM
Within days of the defeat of a GMO labeling referendum in Washington, the companies announced they would not use a new genetically-modified apple.