- German Coach Downgrades Flu To 'Slight Cold'
July 04 2014 11:55 AM
German coach Joachim Low said that the flu-like symptoms initially thought to be ailing several of his players were nothing more than "a slight cold," and the team's lineup reflected the downgrade by remaining strong.
- Macy's Fireworks' Big Move Has NYC Excited
July 03 2014 7:03 PM
The return of the Macy's fireworks show to the East River is good news for many New Yorkers, especially Queens, Brooklyn and East Side residents.
- 7 German Players Have Flu Symptoms On Eve Of France Match
July 03 2014 4:45 PM
World Cup: Seven German players are reportedly suffering from flu-like symptoms on the eve of the team's showdown with France.
- Tim Howard's Life With Tourette's
July 02 2014 12:37 PM
The American goalie was the man of the match in the 2-1 loss to Belgium, but many don't know that he has Tourette's syndrome.
- LIVE-BLOG: Embedded With Belgians During Today's Match
July 01 2014 2:36 PM
IBTimes has been hanging out at a Manhattan bar with Belgians during Tuesday's World Cup US-Belgium showdown, which Belgium won 2-1.
- World Cup Side Dish: The Belgian Waffle Controversy
June 30 2014 9:22 PM
Waffle or wafel? As the USA-Belgium showdown looms, make sure you're not making a culinary mistake.
- Arjen Robben Admits Diving Against Mexico [VIDEO]
June 30 2014 4:52 PM
Dutch national team star Arjen Robben has admitted that he took a dive near the end of the squad's 2-1 World Cup win over Mexico.
- Russia Blames Laser For Loss To Algeria
June 27 2014 5:37 PM
The manager of Russia's national team blamed his squad's Thursday World Cup loss to Algeria on a fan's laser pointer.
- 'Nazi' Tweeted 30k Times During USA-Germany Match
June 27 2014 4:41 PM
Some U.S. fans couldn't resist the world war rematch idea.
- Too Hot Not To Cool Down? America's Love Affair With Soccer
June 27 2014 3:50 PM
How much do Americans really care about soccer? Does it matter?
- NYC Bars And Eateries Capitalize On World Cup Fever
June 26 2014 9:25 PM
Managers of bars, restaurants and venues across New York City have a range of creative tactics to entice soccer fans into spending money.
- 'Team-building Exercise'? 'Entertaining Clients'? NYC Fans Found Ways to Watch The World Cup
June 26 2014 4:56 PM
New Yorkers, in the grip of World Cup fever this year, made sure to watch the USA-Germany showdown.
- How Your Boss Can Benefit From World Cup Fever
June 25 2014 7:28 PM
Employers can benefit from surging interest in the USA-Germany World Cup match. But here's a note for your boss, just in case.
- Despite Changing Face of Harlem, Rep. Rangel Claims Win
June 25 2014 12:18 AM
Rep. Rangel beat his challenger, Dominican-American Adriano Espaillat, despite his district's changed demographics.
- Mississippi Incumbent Holds Off Tea Party Challenger
June 24 2014 11:20 PM
The tea party-backed challenger failed to defeat longtime Mississippi incumbent Senator Cochran. Mainstream GOPers did well in other races, too.
- Fans Want Suárez Banned For Biting
June 24 2014 3:01 PM
Fans demanded Tuesday that Uruguay star Luis Suárez be banned for life from playing soccer after he bit Italian player Giorgio Chiellini on the shoulder during a World Cup match.
- Suárez Bites Chiellini In The Uruguay-Italy Match
June 24 2014 2:10 PM
It appears that Uruguay star Luis Suárez bit Italy's Giorgio Chiellini during Tuesday's World Cup match between the two teams.
- Did Ronaldo Cut His Hair For A Sick Child?
June 24 2014 1:58 PM
A story claiming that Portugal star Cristiano Ronaldo shaved a line into his hair in order to express solidarity with a 10-month-old has gone viral, but it appears to be a hoax.
- Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi: The Movement To Free Jailed Marine
June 24 2014 12:12 AM
Public demand to help secure the release of a U.S. Marine in a Mexican jail was on the rise Monday evening.
- Petition Calls On USA To Invade And Punish Portugal
June 23 2014 7:52 PM
A petition that one can only assume is a joke is calling on the White House to invade Portugal in revenge for the Europeans' late goal against Team USA.