- Only One Direction Tour Tops World Cup Ticket Sales
June 17 2014 3:22 PM
One Direction's global tour is the only event selling more tickets than the World Cup on the world's largest ticket exchange.
- China Now Has World Cup 'Drunk Insurance'
June 17 2014 12:28 PM
Chinese companies are offering "drunk insurance" to fans who may get too rowdy celebrating the World Cup.
- Was Dempsey's Goal The Quickest Ever? [VIDEO]
June 16 2014 6:48 PM
Clint Dempsey scored a goal within less than a minute of the kickoff of Monday evening's game against Ghana.
- Why Is Landon Donovan Sitting Out The World Cup?
June 16 2014 6:43 PM
The news that Donovan was not on the 23-player roster broke on May 22, and launched many theories about why he was left out.
- Croatian Team Breaks Silence Over Nude Photo 'Shame'
June 16 2014 4:07 PM
A striker for the Croatian national team has broken his team's silence to condemn the leaking of nude photographs of the players.
- Rain Could Dampen Spirits At USA-Ghana World Cup Match
June 16 2014 4:06 PM
Rain threatens to inundate the Ghana-USA World Cup game in Brazil on Monday evening.
- Biden Goes To Brazil, For More Than The World Cup
June 16 2014 2:13 PM
The vice president appears intent on scoring a few diplomatic points as he visits the nation's somewhat estranged head of state.
- Fans Slam Lionel Messi's Head & Shoulders Ad
June 15 2014 8:59 PM
Lionel Messi's Head & Shoulders commercial didn't go over very well with many fans.
- Paul Pogba Tweets During World Cup
June 15 2014 5:31 PM
French footballer Paul Pogba found time to tweet during Sunday's World Cup match against Honduras.
- World Cup Plagued By Child Prostitution
June 15 2014 4:22 PM
The joy of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil has been diminished somewhat by an alarming child prostitution scourge.
- Is MH370 Disappearance A Pilot Suicide?
June 15 2014 12:26 PM
According to one theory, the pilot or co-pilot intentionally took down the plane. Can more be done to ensure passenger safety?
- Here Are The Best World Cup Team Nicknames
June 13 2014 7:18 PM
Socceroos, Blue Samurai, Little Hands, the Coffee Growers: At the World Cup, team nicknames range from endearing to just weird.
- Meet Robin Van Persie, World Cup's 'Flying Dutchman'
June 13 2014 4:45 PM
Robin van Persie, the Netherlands' acrobatic striker, earned the nickname "Flying Dutchman" on Friday, when he scored an unbelievable goal against Spain in the 2014 World Cup.
- Hornitos And Playboy Steam Up World Cup [VIDEOS]
June 13 2014 3:12 PM
Hornitos tequila, Playboy and 2013 Playmate of the Year Raquel Pomplun teamed up Friday afternoon on Twitter, posting videos of Pomplun in revealing clothing each time a major development in the Mexico-Cameroon World Cup match took place.
- US Beef Recalled Over Mad Cow Fears
June 13 2014 3:10 PM
More than 4,000 pounds of beef have been recalled over fears that they could be contaminated with mad cow disease.
- Racists Tweet Mexico-Cameroon World Cup Match
June 13 2014 12:50 PM
Racists took to social media to share their offensive views during Friday's World Cup match between Mexico and Cameroon
- Fans Slam Yuichi Nishimura's World Cup Officiating
June 13 2014 12:05 PM
Fans around the world are voicing their anger at the Japanese ref's questionable calls during the Croatia-Brazil World Cup match.
- #BrazilPenalty: Twitter Explodes At World Cup Officials
June 12 2014 6:16 PM
Twitter users let loose on the referees during the Brazil-Croatia World Cup game Thursday afternoon, using the #BrazilPenalty hashtag to organize their anger.
- Who Is Marcelo? Brazilian Scores World Cup Own Goal [VIDEO]
June 12 2014 5:20 PM
Brazil defender Marcelo threw the nation in a funk with an own goal in Thursday's 2014 World Cup match against Croatia.
- Stink Between Cheese Artisans And FDA Lingers
June 12 2014 11:49 AM
The use of wooden boards in cheesemaking may not seem like a huge public health issue. The government says it might be.