- Brazil Won, After All ...
July 11 2014 2:56 PM
... not on the field but in running the World Cup when so many critics said Brazil couldn't pull it off. Now the Olympics looks totally doable.
- Five Goals Away From History
July 10 2014 12:28 PM
The record for the most goals in a single World Cup will be broken if five or more goals are scored this weekend.
- Americans Remember Why They Found Soccer Boring
July 09 2014 6:35 PM
After a brief love affair with the World Cup, the Netherlands-Argentina game reminded Americans how dull soccer can be.
- Netherlands Needs Van Persie And Robben To Step Up vs. Argentina
July 09 2014 4:00 PM
The Dutch need the top two men to rise to the occasion in order to beat the two-time world champions in the semifinal.
- Wounds From Past Fueling Argentina, Netherlands Showdown
July 09 2014 1:04 PM
Wednesday's World Cup semifinal between Argentina the Netherlands will decide who plays Germany in Sunday's final.
- Will Neymar Play The World Cup Final?
July 08 2014 3:47 PM
Some Brazil fans hold a crazy hope that their star striker will recover from a back injury in time for the final.
- FIFA: No Discipline Over Neymar Injury; Silva Out
July 08 2014 2:32 PM
FIFA said it would not take disciplinary action related to Neymar's injury, and that it would not consider letting Thiago Silva play.
- Brazil, Germany And The History Behind The Showdown
July 08 2014 1:30 PM
Today's World Cup semifinal between Brazil and Germany, arguably the two best teams in the world, is perhaps the most exciting of the tournament.
- Ebola Fears Persist Despite Ghana False Alarm
July 08 2014 11:11 AM
A suspected case may have been a false alarm, but the disease that has killed more than 460 people in West Africa isn't going away.
- Argentina's Win Could Mean Historic Final Vs. Brazil
July 05 2014 6:52 PM
Argentina's World Cup win over Belgium on Saturday set up the potential for a historic showdown between Argentina and Brazil.
- Colombian Newspaper Front Pages Mark World Cup Loss
July 05 2014 5:29 PM
Colombian newspapers featured creative front pages on Saturday, the day after the national team lost to Brazil in the World Cup.
- How Luiz Gustavo's Absence Hurts Brazil
July 04 2014 4:42 PM
Brazil will sorely miss star midfielder Luiz Gonzalez during its Friday-afternoon World Cup showdown against Colombia.
- Brazil Vs. Colombia History Informs Showdown
July 04 2014 3:35 PM
The history of the Brazil and Colombia soccer teams provides a lot of insight in advance of their Friday World Cup showdown.
- Germany's Lineup Strong Despite Flu Scare
July 04 2014 12:28 PM
Germany's lineup appeared to be relatively unaffected by the flu symptoms coach Joachim Low said could impact as many as seven of his team's players.
- German Coach Downgrades Flu To 'Slight Cold'
July 04 2014 11:55 AM
German coach Joachim Low said that the flu-like symptoms initially thought to be ailing several of his players were nothing more than "a slight cold," and the team's lineup reflected the downgrade by remaining strong.
- Macy's Fireworks' Big Move Has NYC Excited
July 03 2014 7:03 PM
The return of the Macy's fireworks show to the East River is good news for many New Yorkers, especially Queens, Brooklyn and East Side residents.
- 7 German Players Have Flu Symptoms On Eve Of France Match
July 03 2014 4:45 PM
World Cup: Seven German players are reportedly suffering from flu-like symptoms on the eve of the team's showdown with France.
- Tim Howard's Life With Tourette's
July 02 2014 12:37 PM
The American goalie was the man of the match in the 2-1 loss to Belgium, but many don't know that he has Tourette's syndrome.
- LIVE-BLOG: Embedded With Belgians During Today's Match
July 01 2014 2:36 PM
IBTimes has been hanging out at a Manhattan bar with Belgians during Tuesday's World Cup US-Belgium showdown, which Belgium won 2-1.
- World Cup Side Dish: The Belgian Waffle Controversy
June 30 2014 9:22 PM
Waffle or wafel? As the USA-Belgium showdown looms, make sure you're not making a culinary mistake.