- São Paulo Subway Workers To Strike As World Cup Approaches
June 04 2014 9:21 PM
It's just the latest in a series of headaches for Brazil leading up to next week's big soccer tournament.
- Sterling Agrees To Clippers' Sale - For 15,900% Return On Investment
June 04 2014 6:55 PM
Donald Sterling said he'll sell the Los Angeles Clippers to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer for $2 billion.
- New Virus Fears Fail To Rattle Hog Market
June 03 2014 6:09 PM
The hog market has been remarkably stable in the face of a recent report that a deadly pig virus believed to have been brought to the U.S. from China is more dangerous than previously thought.
- Why Customers Are Losing Their Taste For Whole Foods
June 02 2014 10:25 PM
Whole Foods' recipe for success isn't working anymore. Here's why -- and what the company should do about it.
- Monsanto Hacked Earlier This Year, And It's Still Unclear Why
June 02 2014 5:49 PM
A number of theories have emerged about why a Monsanto Corp. subsidiary's server was hacked earlier this year.
- 'Whiskey Crisis' Looms Over America's Drinking Culture
May 31 2014 1:17 PM
A shortage of whiskey is making headlines, as prices for top-shelf product skyrocket. But not everybody is buying in to the panic.
- California Lawmakers Reject GMO-Labeling Bill. Again.
May 29 2014 6:59 PM
California lawmakers rejected a bill on Wednesday that would have required labeling of GMO foods in the state.
- Your Food Bill Is Rising, But Only In Certain Supermarket Aisles
May 29 2014 6:10 AM
As global food prices continue to rise, evidence shows that perishable goods are the overwhelming driver behind the increase.
- The World's Biggest Orange Exporter Is in Trouble
May 28 2014 3:03 PM
The European Commission's new rules on South African citrus imports could have major implications for Europe's fresh fruit market.
- We Know You're Eating Nanomaterials. We Don't Know If It's Safe.
May 22 2014 8:32 PM
Nanomaterials are found in dozens of foods.
- PetSmart, Petco To Stop Selling Chinese Treats
May 21 2014 6:23 PM
PetSmart announced it will stop selling Chinese-made dog and cat treats on Wednesday, a day after Petco announced a similar move.
- Two Oregon Counties Ban GMO Crop Cultivation
May 21 2014 2:08 PM
Voters in two Oregon counties have approved ballot initiatives banning the cultivation of GMO crops.
- How Europe Is Trying To Reduce Food Waste
May 20 2014 4:46 PM
The European Union is preparing to take steps to reduce the tens of millions of tons of food that goes to waste each year across the continent.
- 'Product Of United States' Under Threat
May 20 2014 12:24 PM
An upcoming court decision could undermine a host of food labeling laws that inform consumers about the origins of what they eat.
- Yet Again, Study Links Honeybee Deaths To Pesticides
May 13 2014 4:30 PM
The sustained public concern over the negative effects of neonicotinoids has reached statehouses across the US.
- What Caused Whole Foods' Disappointing Performance?
May 09 2014 6:41 PM
Analysts say a range of factors are to blame for Whole Foods' disappointing second-quarter performance.
- Obscure But Powerful Satellites Scanning The Globe For Kidnapped Schoolgirls
May 09 2014 12:01 PM
Nigeria's space agency is using two satellites to assist the ongoing search for 276 schoolgirls kidnapped by the Boko Haram.
- Australian GMO Fight Could Have Global Results
May 09 2014 6:33 AM
Friends no more, Australian organic farmer Steve Marsh is suing neighboring farmer Mick Baxter over alleged GMO contamination.
- Vermont Becomes First State To Mandate GMO Labeling
May 08 2014 4:23 PM
Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin: "Today I was proud to sign the nation's first law requiring GMO labeling."
- Nigeria Is Africa's Biggest Economy, But The Little Guy Isn't Benefitting
April 30 2014 2:54 PM
South Africa has lost the title of biggest African economy, but the nation that replaced it has a lot to do to spread its wealth more evenly.