Dale W. Eisinger
- Supreme Court Patent Case: SCOTUS Overturns Human Genes Patents
March 27 2012 10:28 AM
The Supreme Court patent case on Monday resulted in a SCOTUS overturn of the Myriad Genetics human gene ownership of human genes belonging to the Salt Lake company.
- Plastic-Eating Fungus May Chow Down On World's Waste Problems
March 26 2012 6:20 PM
An expedition to the Amazon by a group of Yale researchers has led to the discovery of a fungus that can utilize and break down polyurethane, one of the most common, and pollutant, industrial plastics in use by man. They hope the plastic-eating fungus can also eat away at the world's waste problems.
- Lady Gaga Media Blackout: Singer Tells Oprah 'I Do Not Intend To Speak To Anyone For A Very Long Time'
March 26 2012 10:35 AM
Lady Gaga has had a whirlwind few days, winning awards, abandoning the media, mourning the struggles of the world, setting sales records and dancing herself to exhaustion.
- Little Rock Airport Renames After Clinton Family: Other Presidential Ports
March 21 2012 2:31 PM
The Little Rock Municipal Airport Commission said Tuesday it would honor former President Bill Clinton and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton by renaming the airport after the political power couple.
- Jason Russell Naked Meltdown Caused By 'Brief Reactive Psychosis' [VIDEO]
March 21 2012 11:47 AM
The family of Jason Russell, founder of the Kony 2012 viral video, has released a statement regarding Russel's health. A video emerged on TMZ last week of Russel naked and ranting in the streets.
- Tinglan Hong, Hugh Grant Name Daughter Tabitha: 'I Like My Daughter Very Much'
March 20 2012 2:31 PM
Though he became a father late in 2011, Hugh Grant has been pretty quiet on the topic of his newborn baby he fathered with Tinglan Hong. But Monday, the 51-year-old actor revealed the name of his five-month-old baby.
- Kirk Cameron Stands Ground on Homosexuality; Says ‘I Love All People’ And Twitter Responds [VIDEO]
March 20 2012 12:08 PM
Kirk Cameron, the former actor who played Mike Seaver on the old sitcom “Growing Pains,” caused a hailstorm of controversy earlier in March when he took to Piers Morgan Tonight for an interview and ended up calling homosexuality detrimental and destructive. Today, the 41-year-old evangelical made his way to The Today Show to try and explain his comments.
- Katy Perry Says Rihanna Collaboration Will Be 'Iconic,' 'Wait For Greatness'
March 20 2012 11:12 AM
Will Fireworks happen when Katy Perry and Rihanna finally lay down a track together? The two young pop singers have been in the works for years on collaboration, according to both. Yesterday Perry tells Radio 1 Live Lounge host Fearne Cotton more details about the inevitable duet.
- Asma Al-Assad: Syrian First Lady Faces EU Sanctions, Writes 'I Am The REAL Dictator'
March 19 2012 7:16 PM
Asma al-Assad, the 38-year-old wife of Syrian regime leader Bashir al-Assad and a former investment banker, will likely join 114 other Syrians on a list of sanctioned individuals by the European Union, freezing her assets to preventing shopping, travel and other commerce in foreign countries; meanwhile, reports emerge of Assad's emails to friends where she boasts of the power of the Syrian regime, and that she is the real dictator.
- Catholic Church Abuse: Boy Victims Castrated To 'Cure' Homosexuality In '50s
March 19 2012 5:10 PM
Continued developments in the sexual abuse and mistreatment of underage boys came to light in a Dutch newspaper over the weekend, including at least one and as many as ten confirmed cases of castration to help with homosexual tendencies.
- Omar Sharif Jr., Gay And Half-Jewish, Fears Returning To Egypt
March 19 2012 3:00 PM
Omar Sharif Jr. says he fears returning to Egypt after coming out as gay and half-Jewish. The Grandson of two-time Gold Globe-winning actor Omar Sharif says he hesitantly confessed to his race and sexual orientation, in a piece published by The Advocate this weekend.
- Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange to Run For Australian Senate
March 19 2012 1:57 PM
Despite being under house arrest in England, Wikileaks announced they had found a way for Assange to run, Wikileaks announced via its Twitter page Saturday.
- Fabrice Muamba Update: Fiance Tweets Pray for Fab, Coach Issues Statement
March 19 2012 12:44 PM
Fabrice Muamba, the young midfielder for England's Bolton Wanderers soccer club, remained in intensive care following a cardiac episode Saturday night.
- SXSW Music 2012: The Weird, Wild And Wonderful At The Festival [PHOTOS]
March 19 2012 10:11 AM
IBTimes took to the 25th annual SXSW music festival in Austin, Texas to snap the weird, wild and wonderful: scroll through for photos of bathrobes, bonnets, blunts, b---h, ballcaps, banditos, bright green suede boots, bedazzling, subwoofers, the barefoot, some on horseback, ad hoc bands, an oddly tall and thin man, banjo, and shots of Widowspeak, Doldrums, Andrew W.K, Fear, Woodsman, Light Asylum and more make the edit during the final days of SXSW 2012 music coverage.
- 23 Photos Of People With Cameras At SXSW 2012
March 19 2012 7:12 AM
IBTimes took to the streets to point a lens back at the lens-bearing.
- SXSW 2012 Live: Experience Youth Lagoon Live At Crossroads House [PHOTOS & AUDIO]
March 15 2012 4:47 PM
Youth Lagoon played to the Boise party at the IFC Crossroads House on day two of music for South By Southwest. March 14, 2012. Read a full review of the performance. See photos of the performance here; listen to them playing live; check out the fans at the scene.
- SXSW 2012 Style: All Black and Gold Everything [PHOTOS]
March 15 2012 3:33 PM
As the sun stayed shrouded most of the second day of music at South By Southwest 2012, those who frequent a darker pallet weren't fretting the absorption of the sun--the coolest both in temperature and in style Wednesday in Austin used black as the platform to pop some gold, in texture, pattern, accessory and style. IBTimes was on the street, armed and shooting the best looks.
- SXSW Music 2012 Day Two: On the Street And In The Clubs at the Festival [PHOTOS]
March 15 2012 3:23 PM
Scroll through for photos of fires, lasers, smoke, a camel under a pyramid, marimba/conga hybrid bands, dueling tap dancers, the canal at the bottom, found street eats, and shots of Little War Twins, Thelophilus London, Le Fleur, Danny Brown, Two Chainz, Mr. Dream, The Men, Oberhofer, Finn Riggins, Brett Netson and every street performer who caught the eye.
- SXSW 2012 Music Day Two: Best Bets And In-Brief
March 14 2012 12:26 PM
This year's 25th iteration of the industry-geared event is at the height of demand: promoters, labels, bands, partiers, punks, parasites, the pigeonholed, the plied-for, and the primped are all out in full force
- SXSW Music 2012 Day One: On the Street And In The Clubs at the Festival [PHOTOS]
March 14 2012 11:10 AM
Following film and interactive portions, the much-anticipated music segment of the 25th South By Southwest festival began Tuesday, March 13. IBTimes was on the scene, armed and shooting.