Dale W. Eisinger
- SXSW 2012: Hong Kong Animators Explain Exactly What's Up Down in Texas [VIDEO]
March 13 2012 1:24 PM
This year's South By Southwest is the 25th iteration of the industry-geared festival in downtown Austin, Texas. Originally conceived as a mechanism to propel Austin's own isolated music scene into the national and international conversations, SXSW now seems to be a physical manifestation of the kind of momentary hype cycle that can either raise an act to fame or destroy a band's career chances with a single paragraph.
- Will LSD Cure A Hangover? Norwegian Scientists Say Acid Helps Treat Alcohol Abuse
March 09 2012 5:41 PM
A new study on behalf of the British Association for Pharmacology suggests that lysergic acid diethylamide--otherwise known as LSD, acid, L, blotter, cid, boomer, et al--is effective in the treatment of alcohol abuse.
- Mario Batali Settles $5.25M Suit After Accused of Skimming Tips
March 08 2012 4:42 PM
Mario Batali, the celebrity chef whose empire of cooking shows, restaurants and endorsements stretches around the world, settled a $5.25 million settlement in a Manhattan federal court on March 5, according to a report.
- Hulk Hogan Sex Tape: Hulk Seeing Red, Will Seek Criminal Charges For Profiteering Voyeur
March 08 2012 1:03 PM
When news of the racy tape hit the web yesterday, the 58-year-old professional wrestler/semi-pro actor reportedly became enraged, bewildered and ready to seek the maximum criminal penalty for whoever may release the tape.
- Justin Bieber's Snake Johnson Now On View At Minnesota Zoo [VIDEO]
March 08 2012 11:25 AM
Justin Bieber's pet boa constrictor Johnson is now on display at a zoo in Minnesota.
- No Age Play Death By Audio Surprise Show [PHOTOS]
March 08 2012 7:22 AM
Los Angeles-based psychedelic punk duo No Age played a last-minute show to a thrashed and thrashing crowd at Death By Audio Wednesday night, March 7 2012.
- New York Congressional Redistricting: Hipsters Now Recognized as Legitimate Yuppies by Feds
March 07 2012 6:07 PM
Proposed federal congressional redistricting in New York City reinforces a demographic criticism that ties the north Brooklyn neighborhoods of Williamsburg and Greenpoint, as well as Queens' Astoria, with Manhattan's Upper East Side.
- Fran Drescher Blasts Kirk Cameron Over Homosexuality Comments
March 07 2012 4:22 PM
Fran Drescher, lady of the famous The Nanny laugh and star of the TV Land comedy Happily Divorced, had harsh words for outspoken marriage equality opponent Kirk Cameron Tuesday night.
- Obama Speech: President Praises Diversity Activist Derrick Bell at 1990 Harvard Protest [VIDEO] [TRANSCRIPT]
March 07 2012 12:25 PM
A video emerged Wednesday of Barack Obama protesting at Harvard, in alliance with Professor Derick Bell's push for diversity in 1990.
- Baby Dies From Herpes After Ritual Circumcision: Brooklyn DA Investigates
March 07 2012 12:10 PM
A district attorney is investigating the death of a two-week old boy on Sept. 28 2011 at Maimonides Hospital in Brooklyn after contracting herpes, following an Orthodox, ritual circumcision.
- Allen Stanford Trial: Billionaire Ponzi Schemer Found Guilty of Fraud
March 07 2012 10:31 AM
A Texas jury found Allen Stanford, Texan financier, multi-billionaire and cricket mogul, guilty of $7 billion fraud Tuesday.
- New Beach House Song 'Myth' Appears: Is the 'Teenage Dream' Lost? [AUDIO] [UPDATED]
March 07 2012 12:44 AM
Baltimore dream-rock duo Beach House released a new single into the cloud early Wednesday morning, March 7 through a tweet that simply read: Hello Again.
- Google Recent: New Feature Saves Location Across iPhone, Android Devices
March 06 2012 8:24 PM
Google unveiled on the company's Google Mobile Blog Tuesday a new search feature called Recent.
- Robert Gibbs: 700-Pound Man Getting Help from Dr. Phil, Chris Powell after Viral YouTube Video
March 06 2012 4:48 PM
Robert Gibbs, a Livermore, Calif., man who weighs nearly 700 pounds, uploaded a plea to YouTube on March 1, begging for help losing weight. By Tuesday, March 6, the video had over a million views, 20,000 likes and an offer from transformation specialist Chris Powell to help lose the weight for good.
- Guns on Campus: 'America's Top Party School' No Longer Allowed to Ban Firearms [DRUNKEN GUNPLAY]
March 06 2012 4:14 PM
The Colorado Supreme Court says the University of Colorado system can no longer ban firearms on its four campuses.
- Russian Protests Spill to Streets Over Controversial Election [PHOTOS]
March 05 2012 2:18 PM
Thousands of protesters gathered in the streets of Moscow Monday to contest Vladimir Putin's victory as three-term incumbent to Russia's presidency.
- Cupcake Wars: The Impending Bloomberg Battle on Cupcake ATMs
March 02 2012 5:26 PM
Cupcake automats are coming to the streets of Manhattan by summer to offer cupcake-craving consumers the 24-hour spot for sugar satiation--how will the health-conscious Bloomberg administration react?
- Lana Del Rey Meets Skrillex: Worlds Collide in The Ting Tings' 'Born to Die' [VIDEO]
March 02 2012 10:24 AM
British dance-punk duo The Ting Tings shared a cover of Lana Del Rey's Born to Die on BBC Radio 1 Thursday, fusing the smoky lament with a surprising but clever Skrillex sample.
- Sheriff Joe Arpaio Says Obama's Birth Certificate a Forgery: Best Twitter Responses
March 01 2012 6:17 PM
Ever the instigator, Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County, Arizona, announced Thursday that his six-month investigation into the legitimacy of President Obama's birth certificate has reached a logical conclusion: It is a complex digital forgery.
- Navajo Nation Sues Urban Outfitters: UO Played Cultural Sleight-of-Hand
March 01 2012 5:05 PM
The U.S. Navajo Nation has sued Urban Outfitters Inc. for trademark violations and licensing discrepancies in regard to products offered in its retail stores and online.