Dale W. Eisinger
- Cell Phone Stun Gun Arrest: 5 Other Disguised Weapons [VIDEO]
February 08 2012 4:06 PM
A routine traffic stop became a case of cloak and dagger in Connecticut when officers found a stun gun disguised as a cell phone. We have five other incognito weapons in this post.
- New Death Grips Video and Single: Two Full Albums Due in 2012 [VIDEO]
February 08 2012 1:42 PM
Sacramento stranglehold experimental rappers Death Grips unleash a new single/video in tandem with a dual LP announcement.
- UTPA Death Ruled a Suicide: Authorities
February 08 2012 10:53 AM
The strange death of a high school student discovered at the University of Texas-Pan American (UTPA) in Edinburg, Texas, was ruled a suicide by authorities.
- Grammys 2012 Performers Won't Include Latin Artists: 5 Other Awards Protests [VIDEO]
February 07 2012 2:44 PM
After the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences pared down its categories last year, excluding Latin music from its awards show, a group of Latin artists gears up for protest of the snub on February 12, the same day as the Grammys themselves.
- Super Bowl Parade 2012: What's the Environmental Impact of Ticker Tape?
February 07 2012 12:19 PM
In an era of increased pressure on even consumer levels to abide by strict environmental standards, what is the impact of New York City's third large-scale sports parade in four years?
- Jona Rechnitz: Tom Brady Super Bowl Safety Nets Bettor $50k [UPDATED]
February 06 2012 2:56 PM
Jona Rechnitz placed a bet at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas Sunday evening that the first score of Super Bowl XLVI would be a safety in favor of the New York Giants, netting him $50,000 from one of the most unlikely bets in all of sports--talk about a safety.
- Augmented Reality: ESA Developing Ultrasound Cue-Card Surgery Helmet [VIDEO]
February 06 2012 1:09 PM
An in-development augmented reality from the European Space Agency called the Computer Assisted Medical Diagnosis and Surgery System (CAMDASS) will help future astronauts perform emergency medical procedures when in deep space, using augmented reality.
- BTJunkie, Top File-Sharing Site, Shuts Down Voluntarily
February 06 2012 11:34 AM
Facing increasing federal and international pressure to moderate copyright infringment, the website BTJunkie chose to voluntarily end operations of its trackers and search functions Monday morning.
- Nicki Minaj at Super Bowl Halftime: Tweets 'God Bless Madonna'
February 06 2012 10:24 AM
Nicki Minaj joined Madonna on stage at the Super bowl halftime show Sunday night. Perhaps no one was as excited about this as Nicki Minaj herself.
- Girls Gone Wild Director Tells Madonna Cease and Desist
February 03 2012 5:36 PM
The founder of the Girls Gone Wild series of video tapes has sent a cease and desist letter to Madonna over a song that will appear on her new album.
- Man Dressed as Jack Sparrow Pepper-Sprayed After Fight With Catwoman, Alien
February 03 2012 12:09 PM
Police say a man dressed as Capt. Jack Sparrow, the pirate played by Johnny Depp in the Pirates of the Caribbean movie franchise, was pepper-sprayed after a fight broke out between the man and other characters dressed as Catwoman and an alien.
- New Music Videos: Madonna (with Nicki Minaj), M.I.A., Neon Indian
February 03 2012 11:24 AM
A few great new music videos dropped last night and this morning. Check out the latest from M.I.A., Neon Indian and Madonna--with another appearance from M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj.
- Frances Bean Cobain: Courtney Love 'Killed' My Cat, 4 Other Dramatic Lowlights [VIDEO]
February 03 2012 10:19 AM
A newly unsealed deposition of Francis Bean Cobain's 2009 testimony in a petition of a restraining order against her mother Courtney Love shows a family divided over drugs, fraud, suicide and the death of two pets--all at the hands of Love. We have the details and 3 other tumultuous moments for the family.
- Super Bowl 2012 Streaming Online: Feds Arrest One, Seize More Than 300 Counterfeit NFL-Related Domains
February 03 2012 9:12 AM
Homeland Security, Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) seized 307 websites Feb. 2 for allegedly streaming copyrighted sports broadcasts and pay-per-view events, including the 2012 Super Bowl.
- Man Eats Old Lard and Five Other Weird Eats
February 02 2012 4:06 PM
A man in Germany ate a tin of 64-year old lard, for some reason. Here are five other weird things people have eaten.
- Occupy Wall Street: The Most Important Protest Artists of 2012
February 02 2012 12:49 PM
Pete Seeger and Arlo Guthrie are outdated, irrelevant and--let's face it--nearly dead. Who are the new figures of a musical revolution?
- If #SOPA Passes, What Should Indies Do? Kill The Cool
February 01 2012 5:50 PM
As Indie labels attempt to grasp what SOPA means to them, there is an answer that lies along a polar divide.
- In Homs, Syria Rebels Capture Tank, Turn Artillery on Regime [VIDEO]
February 01 2012 3:23 PM
A video posted to YouTube today shows Syrian rebels in the city of Homs turning the artillery of a captured tank on the regime.
- Blouse Headlines a Captured Tracks Showcase at 285 Kent [PHOTOS]
February 01 2012 1:15 PM
The Portland, Ore. down-tempo art-pop quartet Blouse plays 285 Kent in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York on Jan. 31, 2012. It was the band’s third New York City-area show and the last U.S. stop before an extensive European tour. Blouse released a full-length record on boutique New York label Captured Tracks on Nov. 1 2011. The band has also released music with famed Seattle label Sub-Pop.
- Eye of the Tiger Song Owners Seeing Red over Newt Gingrich Campaign Use
February 01 2012 11:01 AM
A complaint filed in Illinois federal court alleges Newt Gingrich's campaign used Eye of the Tiger by rock band Survivor for unauthorized public performances and distribution of Rude Music's copyrighted musical composition at rallies. The injunction attempt names Frank M. Sullivan III, one of Survivor's founding members and the facilitator of Rude Music.