Articles by Dan Rivoli
- Super Tuesday Tennessee Primary Results 2012: Where to Watch Live
March 06 2012 6:37 PM
Where to watch Tennessee primary results.
- Super Tuesday Georgia Primary Results 2012: Where to Watch Live
March 06 2012 5:49 PM
A guide to the primary results from Georgia.
- Obama's Super Tuesday News Conference: What Did the President Say?
March 06 2012 3:18 PM
President Barack Obama Tuesday held his first news conference of 2012, touching on a variety of topics including Iran's nuclear ambitions, gas prices, immigration reform and Rush Limbaugh's remarks on Georgetown Law student Sandra Fluke.
- Gabrielle Giffords Shooting Suspect Jared Lee Loughner Can Be Forcibly Medicated: Court
March 05 2012 4:32 PM
A federal appeals court Monday said prison officials can medicate involuntarily Jared Lee Loughner, who stands accused of shooting then-U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords in the head in a 2011 and fatally gunning down six.
- Olympia Snowe's Retirement Draws Independent Contender for Senate Seat in Maine
March 05 2012 2:51 PM
Angus King, a former independent two-term governor of Maine, is expected to launch a campaign for the Senate seat held by retiring Sen. Olympia Snowe, a GOP moderate.
- Southern Baptist Convention to Elect First Black President
March 05 2012 11:41 AM
For a denomination born from slavery and racism, the Southern Baptist Convention is poised for an a historic election.
- Federal Judge Who Sent Racist, Anti-Obama E-Mail Asks for Foregiveness, Investigation [LETTER]
March 02 2012 4:55 PM
Chief District Court Judge Richard F. Cebull, who admitted to sending out an email containing a racist anti-Obama joke, has asked the president for foregiveness and has asked for an investigation into any misconduct.
- Facebook Faces Trial on Technology Behind Social Media Giant's Web Site
March 02 2012 4:10 PM
Michael McKibben convinced a jury that Facebook infringed on his patented technology for social media sharing, but was unable to show the patent was valid. A federal appeals court will hear McKibben's appeal Monday.
- Supreme Court Under Roberts Has Most 'Elite,' 'Cloistered' Background: Study
March 02 2012 12:18 PM
A study says Roberts Court justices are better educated than their predecessors, have spent more time in academia and serving on the federal appeals courts. But is that kind of experience necessarily a good thing?
- Koch Brothers Sue for More Control of Cato Institute
March 01 2012 2:53 PM
Charles and David Koch, wealthy conservative advocates, want greater stake in The Cato Institute, a renowned libertarian think tank.
- Blunt Amendment on Contraception Coverage Killed in Senate
March 01 2012 12:37 PM
Senate Democrats beat back an amendment from Sen. Roy Blunt of Missouri that would allow any employer and insurance company to withhold coverage of certain procedures if they can claim a moral or religious reason.
- Health Care Law's Insurance Mandate Will Be Struck Down by Supreme Court: Poll
February 29 2012 4:07 PM
A USA Today/Gallup oll from this week showed that most Americans believe the Affordable Care Act mandate to obtain health insurance will be struck down, even though more than half say the health care law is good policy.