Articles by Dan Rivoli
- Bob Kerrey, Former Senator, to Seek Old Seat in Nebraska
February 29 2012 3:30 PM
With Bob Kerrey running for his old Senate seat in Nebraska, Democrats landed a top recruit to maintain the party's hold on a top Republican target.
- Same-Sex Marriage Supporters Crashing the Democrats' Party
February 29 2012 3:29 PM
A group called Freedom to Marry wants Democrats at the 2012 convention to add a plank affirming support of same-sex marriage in its official party platform.
- Olympia Snowe, Key Senate GOP Moderate, to Retire [FULL STATEMENT]
February 28 2012 5:29 PM
Sen. Olympia Snowe will retire at the end of 2012, leaving the dwindling group of moderate Republicans without one of their most prominent members.
- 'Tens of Billions of Dollars' Wasted on Duplicate Federal Programs: Report
February 28 2012 2:40 PM
The nonpartisan Governmental Accountability Office said Tuesday Congress and the Obama administration should find ways to cut down on federal programs across agencies that overlap with each other.
- Bank of America Scores Key Court Ruling in Resolving Countrywide Mortgage Mess
February 27 2012 6:24 PM
Bank of America had attempted to get an $8.5 billion settlement over bad Countrywide mortgage-backed securities approved in New York state court over the objection of some angry investors.
- Obama Counters Santorum's 'Snob' Attack: Higher Ed's Not Just 4-Year Programs
February 27 2012 3:26 PM
President Barack Obama reiterated that his support for post-high school education goes beyond four-year college degree programs.
- Ohio School Shooting Kills 1, Wounds 4, Suspected Gunman in Custody
February 27 2012 12:21 PM
An Ohio high school student is in custody after reportedly turning himself into authorities after a shoot out in a school outside of Cleveland.
- Hawaii Ranked Happiest Place in United States
February 27 2012 11:39 AM
In a Gallup survey tracking well-being, Hawaiians topped other states' residents in healthy habits and emotional health.
- Obama 'Hope' Creator Cops to Keeping Evidence in AP Copyright Fight
February 24 2012 3:06 PM
Shepard Fairey, who created the iconic Hope poster during President Barack Obama's 2008 primary campaign, pled guilty to creating false documents and deleting evidence in his legal fight with The Associated Press.
- Obama Contraception Rule Gets Challenged by GOP Attorneys General
February 24 2012 12:14 PM
President Barack Obama may have tweaked a policy that will let religiously-affiliated employers avoid offering insurance plans that cover birth control, but seven Republican state attorneys general are fighting the proposed rule on First Amendment grounds.
- Obama Super PAC Gets $1 Million from Comedian Bill Maher [VIDEO]
February 24 2012 9:57 AM
Comedian Bill Maher cut a $1 million check to Priorities USA Action, a pro-Obama super PAC.
- Sen. Chuck Schumer Invites Gov. Jan Brewer to Defend Arizona Immigration Law
February 23 2012 6:15 PM
Sen. Chuck Schumer of New York invited Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer to testify in Washington on her state's tough immigration law, SB1070.