Articles by Dan Rivoli
- Obama, Romney In Tight Race In Key Swing States: Poll
May 03 2012 11:43 AM
A Quinnipiac poll released Thursday shows President Barack Obama deadlocked with Mitt Romney in Florida and Ohio, while the president leads his GOP rival in Pennsylvania.
- Senate GOP Leader McConnell To Supreme Court: Toss Montana's Anti-Citizens United Ruling
May 02 2012 5:40 PM
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell says the Montana Supreme Court's decision to uphold a state law banning corporate involvement in elections flies in the face of the U.S. Supreme Court's Citizens United ruling.
- Bush Torture Memo Author John Yoo Immune From American Enemy Combatant's Suit
May 02 2012 3:23 PM
The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals rejected Jose Padilla's lawsuit against Bush administration counsel and torture memo author John Yoo.
- Supreme Court Approval Hits New Low: Poll
May 01 2012 5:20 PM
A slim majority Americans still have a favorable opinion of the Supreme Court, but support has declined over the last three years.
- BREAKING: Obama In Afghanistan To Sign 'Strategic Partnership' Agreement With Karzai
May 01 2012 3:36 PM
President Barack Obama will address the nation at 7:30 p.m. EDT to announce an agreement with Afghan President Hamid Karzai on the role of U.S. troops in Afghanistan.
- Texas Gets Judge's OK To Defund Planned Parenthood After Hit With Injunction
May 01 2012 3:01 PM
On the same day a federal judge blocked Texas from removing Planned Parenthood from a state program for advocating abortion services, an appeals judge allowed the state to move forward.
- Judge Rejects Dominique Strauss-Kahn's Absolute Immunity Claim In Civil Suit [READ DECISION]
May 01 2012 1:14 PM
Dominique Strauss-Kahn, the former International Monetary Fund chief who faced sexual assault charges, failed to convince a New York judge that he has immunity from the civil suit against him from his accuser, Nafissatou Diallo.
- Betty White Makes Her Pick For Los Angeles-Area House Seat [VIDEO]
May 01 2012 11:16 AM
The 90-year-old Golden Girls actress endorsed California Rep. Howard Berman in his reelection fight against fellow Democrat, Rep. Brad Sherman.
- Texas Must Fund Planned Parenthood: US Judge
April 30 2012 6:30 PM
A federal judge Monday blocked a Texas law that booted Planned Parenthood from receiving state funding under a women's health program.
- Bill Clinton, Big Dog On The Campaign Trail, Gives Lift To Obama
April 30 2012 1:31 PM
Campaigning for President Barack Obama, former President Bill Clinton said the Obama administration was beating the clock on the U.S. economic recovery, and he rebuked Mitt Romney for pushing Bush-era policies on steroids.
- Justice Sotomayor Shows Concern For 'Ordinary People' In Supreme Court's Arizona Immigration Law Case
April 27 2012 3:22 PM
The first Hispanic on the U.S. Supreme Court heard arguments Wednesday on an Arizona immigration law critics say will lead to racial profiling of Latinos. She didn't lose the plainspoken, blunt tone she is known for.
- 'Enhanced Interrogation Techniques' Ineffective, Senate Investigation Finds
April 27 2012 11:44 AM
Reuters reported Friday a U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee investigation has concluded there is little evidence the CIA's torture methods produced counter-terrorism successes.