Articles by Dan Rivoli
- Banks Stonewalled Probe Of Foreclosure Practices: Housing Agency
March 14 2012 12:54 PM
The inspector general for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development said banks involved in the nationwide settlement on foreclosure practices significantly hindered its investigation.
- 'Obamacare' To Insure Fewer, Cost Less Than Estimated: CBO
March 13 2012 7:48 PM
The Congressional Budget Office updated its 2011 figures on the Affordable Care Act and found 2 million fewer Americans will be insured than originally thought.
- Senate's Reid Uses Jobs Bill To Get Obama Judge Picks Confirmed
March 13 2012 2:54 PM
With Republican senators eager to get a jobs bill to President Barack Obama's desk, Majority Leader Harry Reid offered a vote in exchange for dropping a filibuster of the president's judicial nominees.
- Are You Better Off Today Than When Obama Took Office? More Americans Say Yes: Poll
March 13 2012 12:05 PM
A Bloomberg National Poll showed 38 percent of Americans saying their situation is better than when Barack Obama took office, an increase from September, when 27 percent said the same.
- Rick Santorum Strategy: We'll Win At The Convention
March 12 2012 5:11 PM
Rick Santorum says he can deny Mitt Romney the number of delegates needed to clinch the Republican presidential nomination and then win at the convention himself.
- Voter ID Law In Texas Hits Hispanics Hardest: U.S. Justice Department [LETTER]
March 12 2012 1:06 PM
The U.S. Department of Justice Monday objected Texas' strict new voter ID law.
- Obama Talks Manufacturing Amid Positive Jobs Report
March 09 2012 2:56 PM
President Barack Obama Friday told Rolls Royce workers in Virginia that day by day, we're restoring this economy from crisis.
- Pope Benedict XVI Warns U.S. Bishops of 'Powerful Political' Forces Behind Same-Sex Marriage
March 09 2012 11:27 AM
Pope Benedict XVI gave a speech to a group of U.S. bishops about promoting the Catholic Church's teaching on sexuality and marriage.
- Is Newt Gingrich's Campaign In Its Final Days?
March 08 2012 11:25 AM
After a disappointing Super Tuesday, Newt Gingrich has staked his campaign on victories in Alabama and Mississippi.
- Supreme Court GPS Tracking Ruling Will 'Inhibit' Surveillance: FBI Chief
March 07 2012 5:14 PM
FBI Director Robert Mueller says agency will resort to physical surveillance teams.
- Santorum Denies Romney A Strong Super Tuesday Showing
March 07 2012 12:04 PM
Rick Santorum did well among Ohio Republicans who want their party's nominee to be a true conservative. Though he narrowly lost to Mitt Romney in Ohio, Santorum won primaries in Tennessee and Oklahoma as well as North Dakota's caucus.
- Super Tuesday in Georgia: Gingrich Wins Home State
March 06 2012 7:55 PM
Georgia, where Gingrich launched his political career, was a must-win state for the ex-House speaker. It's the anchor of his strategy of defeating rivals in the Deep South after a string of primary defeats elsewhere.
- Super Tuesday Tennessee Primary Results 2012: Where to Watch Live
March 06 2012 6:37 PM
Where to watch Tennessee primary results.
- Super Tuesday Georgia Primary Results 2012: Where to Watch Live
March 06 2012 5:49 PM
A guide to the primary results from Georgia.
- Obama's Super Tuesday News Conference: What Did the President Say?
March 06 2012 3:18 PM
President Barack Obama Tuesday held his first news conference of 2012, touching on a variety of topics including Iran's nuclear ambitions, gas prices, immigration reform and Rush Limbaugh's remarks on Georgetown Law student Sandra Fluke.
- Gabrielle Giffords Shooting Suspect Jared Lee Loughner Can Be Forcibly Medicated: Court
March 05 2012 4:32 PM
A federal appeals court Monday said prison officials can medicate involuntarily Jared Lee Loughner, who stands accused of shooting then-U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords in the head in a 2011 and fatally gunning down six.
- Olympia Snowe's Retirement Draws Independent Contender for Senate Seat in Maine
March 05 2012 2:51 PM
Angus King, a former independent two-term governor of Maine, is expected to launch a campaign for the Senate seat held by retiring Sen. Olympia Snowe, a GOP moderate.
- Southern Baptist Convention to Elect First Black President
March 05 2012 11:41 AM
For a denomination born from slavery and racism, the Southern Baptist Convention is poised for an a historic election.
- Federal Judge Who Sent Racist, Anti-Obama E-Mail Asks for Foregiveness, Investigation [LETTER]
March 02 2012 4:55 PM
Chief District Court Judge Richard F. Cebull, who admitted to sending out an email containing a racist anti-Obama joke, has asked the president for foregiveness and has asked for an investigation into any misconduct.
- Facebook Faces Trial on Technology Behind Social Media Giant's Web Site
March 02 2012 4:10 PM
Michael McKibben convinced a jury that Facebook infringed on his patented technology for social media sharing, but was unable to show the patent was valid. A federal appeals court will hear McKibben's appeal Monday.