- Rep. Spencer Bachus, Influential House Republican, Under Investigation for Insider Trading
February 10 2012 11:16 AM
The Office of Congressional Ethics is looking into whether Rep. Spencer Bachus, chair of the House Financial Services Committee, violated insider trading laws and used his public office for private gain.
- Contraception Mandate Challenged by Catholic TV Network
February 09 2012 5:38 PM
The mandate under the Affordable Care Act requires Catholic-affiliated institutions like hospitals and colleges to offer health care plans that cover contraception at no cost.
- Stephen Colbert 'Must Be Stopped': Nancy Pelosi Trashes Faux Pundit's Super PAC [VIDEO]
February 09 2012 3:59 PM
House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi mocked Stephen Colbert's Super PAC in a web ad pushing the Disclose Act, legislation introduced to combat the U.S. Supreme Court's Citizens United decision.
- Foreclosure Settlement: Is it Too Little? Top Negotiator Defends Deal
February 09 2012 2:41 PM
Officials Thursday detailed a nationwide settlement with five large banks over foreclosure practices. Negotiators defended the deal as a way to give immediate relief to homeowners and victims of foreclosure abuses.
- Prop 8 Ruling: Dissenting Opinion May Guide Same-Sex Marriage Foes at the Supreme Court
February 08 2012 5:17 PM
A look inside the dissenting opinion in the Ninth Circuit's Prop 8 ruling.
- Rick Santorum: Onward to Michigan After Tuesday Trifecta [VIDEO]
February 08 2012 11:31 AM
Rick Santorum said Wednesday that Michigan is a great place for us to plant our flag in the next batch of Republican primary contests.
- Prop 8 Ruling: Five Things to Know About Same-Sex Marriage Decision
February 07 2012 6:10 PM
A look at what the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals' decision overturning California's Proposition 8 means for same-sex marriage.
- California's Same-Sex Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional
February 07 2012 1:19 PM
The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Tuesday overturned Prop 8, the ballot measure that ended same-sex marriage in California five months after the state's Supreme Court allowed gays and lesbians to marry.
- Komen's Executive Resigns Amid Funding Controversy [FULL TEXT]
February 07 2012 12:03 PM
Karen Handel, vice president of public policy at Susan G. Komen for the Cure, resigned a week after the breast cancer foundation got heat for cutting funding to Planned Parenthood.
- January Jobs Report: House GOP Down on Better-Than-Expected Job Creation
February 06 2012 5:25 PM
House Republicans Monday said a positive January jobs reporting showing 243,000 new jobs and a dip in the unemployment rate belied the number of discouraged job seekers who leave the workforce and underemployed Americans with college degrees.
- Clint Eastwood Super Bowl Ad is Chrysler's Pay Back for Auto Bailout: Karl Rove
February 06 2012 5:21 PM
Karl Rove said Chrysler's Halftime in America ad was pay back to President Barack Obama for the 2009 auto bailout.
- Prop 8 Ruling on California's Same-Sex Marriage Ban to Be Issued Tuesday
February 06 2012 3:24 PM
The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Tuesday will release its long-awaited decision on Prop 8, California's ballot measure ending same-sex marriage in the state.
- Pete Hoekstra's Super Bowl 2012 Campaign Ad: Broken English, Fear of Chinese Superpower [VIDEO]
February 06 2012 12:59 PM
The U.S. Senate candidate's campaign spot aired in Michigan during the Super Bowl is under attack, due to its racially-charged and offensive content.
- Roseanne Barr for President: Comedian Latest Celebrity to Jump to Green Party
February 03 2012 8:26 PM
The Green Party has been a home for celebrities and colorful characters who need a political platform that neither major parties want to provide.
- N.Y. Attorney General Schneiderman Accuses Banks, Mortgage Registry of Illegal Foreclosures
February 03 2012 3:00 PM
The lawsuit accuses banks of creating a registry service that fails to accurately track mortgage ownership and lacks any legal authority to initiate foreclosures.
- Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg to Egypt: Look Outside U.S. When Drafting Constitution [VIDEO]
February 03 2012 12:11 PM
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg visited Egypt to mark the anniversary of the uprising that toppled former President Hosni Mubarak.
- STOCK Act Critic Calls Senate's Insider Trading Bill a Political Gimmick
January 31 2012 6:28 PM
Sen. Tom Coburn, who was one of two votes against an insider trading law aimed at lawmakers, said the real inside trading that sours Americans on Congress is the political horse trading on legislation.
- Iowa Caucus: State GOP Chair to Resign Amid Vote Controversy
January 31 2012 6:23 PM
Matthew Strawn was criticized for declaring Mitt Romney the winner of the Iowa caucus on Jan. 3 by eight votes. A final tally, however, showed Rick Santorum winning the caucus with a 34-vote lead over the former Massachusetts governor.
- Newt Gingrich Sued for Using 'Eye of the Tiger' at Rallies
January 31 2012 12:52 PM
Newt Gingrich is the latest Republican politician to be asked by a musician to stop using their songs at campaign events.
- Is Republican Primary Campaign Hurting GOP Voters' Views of Contenders?
January 30 2012 6:21 PM
A new poll released Monday said more GOP voters think the Republican presidential contenders are only fair or poor.