Articles by Dan Rivoli
- Swing State Poll: Obama Beats GOP Field, Gains Independent Support
March 21 2012 3:33 PM
A poll that tracks 12 purple states says voters prefer President Barack Obama over Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum.
- Supreme Court Backs Homeowners Over EPA
March 21 2012 12:52 PM
In a unanimous decision, the U.S. Supreme Court said Wednesday landowners in Idaho seeking to build a home had the right to take the Environmental Protection Agency to court to challenge a clean up order.
- Will Justice Antonin Scalia Save The Affordable Care Act? Behind The Obama Administration's Legal Strategy
March 20 2012 7:39 PM
The Obama administration is using a 2006 opinion on the federal regulation of personal marijuana cultivation from U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia to attempt to convince the conservative thinker to back the health care law's individual mandate.
- Iran's 'Electronic Curtain' Blocking Internet Access, Basic Freedom: Obama [VIDEO]
March 20 2012 4:14 PM
In remarks on the Iranian New Year holiday of Nowruz, President Barack Obama invites Iranians to help remove Iran's electronic curtain that severely restricts Internet freedom.
- Tobacco Companies Lose Challenge To Graphic Images On Packs
March 19 2012 4:38 PM
A federal appeals court upheld most of a 2009 law that lets the Food and Drug Administration tightly regulation tobacco marketing and packaging.
- Puerto Rico Statehood: GOP Primary Highlights Movement Ahead Of Referendum
March 18 2012 5:08 PM
For the fourth time since 1967, Puerto Ricans will cast their ballots to either change or maintain the U.S. territory's status. If voters in November jettison the status quo, they can choose between statehood and independence.
- Supreme Court Says No To Cameras During Health Care Arguments
March 16 2012 3:57 PM
With widespread interest in the Affordable Care Act challenge, the Supreme Court Friday said it will release same-day audio recordings and transcripts of the proceedings, but refused to drop the ban on broadcasting arguments.
- Supreme Court Health Care Law Ruling Will Be Politically Motivated: Poll
March 16 2012 1:40 PM
Many Americans believe politics and Supreme Court justices' political leanings will influence their decision on the health care overhaul as much as their assessment of the law's merits.
- SEC's No-Fault Settlement Policy Gets Court Support
March 15 2012 5:14 PM
A panel of federal appeals judges said Thursday that there's a "strong likelihood" a lower court's rejection of a $285 million civil-fraud settlement between the SEC and Citigroup will be overturned.
- Joe Biden: GOP Presidential Field Concerned About 'Privileged Class'
March 15 2012 12:38 PM
Vice President Joe Biden Thursday launched a series of four campaign events with remarks at a United Auto Workers local's union hall in Toledo.
- Senate Leaders Broker Deal On Judges, Jobs Bill
March 14 2012 5:19 PM
A deal Senate leaders struck Wednesday would speed up the confirmation process for 14 of President Barack Obama's stalled judicial nominees.
- Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, Michael Jackson's Spiritual Adviser, Running For Congress
March 14 2012 3:17 PM
America's Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, author and public speaker, says he wants to be a values voice in Congress.