Articles by Daniel Tovrov
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe Will Accept Next Election's Results, Says PM
July 25 2012 2:30 PM
Zimbabwean Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai said on Wednesday that the nation's polarizing president, Robert Mugabe, would accept the result of the next elections, even if they don't go his way.
- Summer Olympics-London 2012: Moroccan Runner Fails Drug Test
July 25 2012 1:52 PM
Selsouli served a two-year suspension from 2009-11 for blood-doping and could face a life-time ban from the International Association of Athletics Federations if found guilty of the second offense.
- Ghana: West Africa's Shining Example Of Democracy
July 25 2012 12:55 PM
Why Ghana has been spared much of the chaos that surrounds it in West Africa?
- China Claims South China Sea Island With Military Garrison: Report
July 23 2012 5:12 PM
On Sunday, China appointed 45 lawmakers to the congress in Sansha City, a Chinese prefecture established just last month. China Claims South China Sea Island With Military Garrison: Report
- U.S. Trains Anti-Drug Agents In Ghana, Key African Narcotics Hub
July 23 2012 3:49 PM
Using lessons learned in Afghanistan and Central America, the United States has begun training special anti-drugs police squads in Ghana with hopes of breaking lucrative narcotics supply routes.
- Philippines President Announces Military Buildup
July 23 2012 3:23 PM
With the support of President Benigno Aquino III, as well as $30 million from the United States, the Filipino military will add more than 40 aircraft -- including attack helicopters -- and other weapons to its arsenal.
- China Propaganda Ministry Censors News Of Wenzhou Train Crash Anniversary
July 23 2012 2:30 PM
Police physically barred people from visiting the site of the crash, including one Wenzhou survivor and two bloggers who were taken into custody for trying to enter the area.
- Ex-Anglo Irish Bank Execs Appear In Court Over Financial Irregularities
July 23 2012 1:08 PM
Two former Anglo Irish Bank senior executives appeared in court in Dublin on Monday over an alleged share-support scheme, an attempt to artificially raise the bank's share price in 2008.
- Occupy Jerusalem? Second Israeli Self-Immolates In Protest Against Social Injustice
July 23 2012 12:07 PM
Despite the wave of self-immolation, protest leaders and opposition party officials, who are supporters of the J14 movement, are trying to prevent further Silman copy-cats.
- Drug-Resistant HIV Spreading In Parts Of Africa
July 23 2012 11:12 AM
Researchers found that over the past ten years, the number of patients resistant to antiretroviral therapy increased by 29 percent in East and Southern Africa.
- One Year After Breivik: Norway Refuses To Live In Fear
July 23 2012 10:26 AM
Norwegians haven't let the massacre challenge the foundations of their society, which include liberalism, freedom and openness.
- 'Queen Of Versailles' Director Lauren Greenfield Talks Wealth, Greed And The American Dream
July 20 2012 1:45 PM
Photographer and documentary filmmaker Lauren Greenfield describes Queen of Versailles as a super-sized version of what we had seen so many others struggle through in America since the start of the housing crisis.