- Bain Controversy Dominates Sunday Talk Shows
July 15 2012 11:20 AM
Rahm Emanuel and Karl Rove somehow agree on what the Romney campaign needs to do. Meanwhile, chief Romney campaign strategist Ed Gillespie ignores both of them.
- Red Cross Calls Syria A 'Civil War;' Regime Denies Tremseh Massacre
July 15 2012 10:40 AM
Syrian Foreign Ministry spokesman Jihad Makdissi rejected the United Nations claims that the regime attacked the village of Tremseh with heavy weapons and aircraft, calling the accusations baseless.
- UK Heiress Eva Rausing Found Dead In London Home
July 10 2012 3:22 PM
Rausing is believed to have died of a drug overdose.
- Myanmar Miltary Nominates Former General As VP
July 10 2012 2:15 PM
Myanmar's military has nominated Myint Swe, a former general with close links to the former junta, to replace Vice President Tin Aung Myint Oo.
- Don't Brand Libya's New Government As 'Pro-West' Yet
July 10 2012 1:14 PM
Libya?s new ?liberal? government may distance itself from the West and from NATO, which helped rebels free the country from Moammar Gadhafi.
- Two Shia Muslim Protesters Killed In Saudi Arabia
July 09 2012 3:44 PM
The Saudi interior ministry said that there had been no clashes between police and protesters in Awamiya, but activists said that live fire had been used by security forces during similar demonstrations.
- ECOWAS Calls For national Unity Government In Mali
July 09 2012 2:53 PM
The West African regional bloc ECOWAS is calling for the creation of a national unity government in Mali in order to take urgent steps to confront the terrorist peril in the north of the country.
- Egypt's High Court Nullifies President Morsi's Attempts To Reconvene Parliament
July 09 2012 10:38 AM
The long-anticipated showdown between Egypt's military and its new president -- the Muslim Brotherhood's Muhammad Morsi -- has opened, with Morsi, the SCAF and the Supreme Court heading into a three-way contest.
- Japan, Norway Block UN From Clamping Down On Whaling
July 06 2012 3:49 PM
Species issues in general are not a matter for the General Assembly but for competent fisheries agencies, Norway's representative to the International Whaling Commission, Ole-David Stenseth, said at an IWC meeting in Panama City on Friday.
- Helicopter Carrying Election Materials Shot Down In Libya
July 06 2012 3:34 PM
Saleh Darhoub, a spokesman for the National Transitional Council, described the attackers as enemies of the revolution and said the incident will not halt the elections.
- Death Rates Climbing At South Sudan Refugee Camp
July 06 2012 2:54 PM
Horrific living conditions in a South Sudan refugee camp have sparked a humanitarian crisis, according to Doctors Without Borders.
- Gina Rinehart: The Richest Person You've Never Heard Of
July 06 2012 2:32 PM
Even though Rinehart's fortune is now more than ten times that of Oprah Winfrey, few outside her native Australia have ever heard of her.
- Libya Prepares For Landmark Elections: Will Militias Or Islamists Take Control?
July 06 2012 11:20 AM
The current situation in Libya means that there is no clear best choice for Libya's 2.7 million registered voters.
- Turkish Soccer Boss Convicted Of Match-Fixing
July 02 2012 5:55 PM
A total of 93 people -- including Aziz Yildirim, the president of the prestigious Fenerbahce football club -- were convicted of match-fixing by an Istanbul court.
- Far-Right, Anti-Semitic Hungarian Politician 'Outed' As Having Jewish Origins
July 02 2012 3:48 PM
Response to the discovery, as well as to Szegedi's statement, have run the gamut from outrage to ridicule.
- UK Sends Bomb Specialists To Bahrain
July 02 2012 3:09 PM
The UK has sent a special team of forensic detectives from the Metropolitan Police to Bahrain to help local authorities investigate a recently discovered cache of bomb-making material.
- The $60M iPad: Apple Settles China Trademark Suit
July 02 2012 2:13 PM
Apple will pay a $60 million settlement to secure the iPad trademark in China, opening up sales to the Chinese market, Apple's most profitable after the United States.
- Mexico's New President Peña Nieto Must Overcome Party Reputation
July 02 2012 11:50 AM
The Institutional Revolutionary Party is back in power, with a fresh face. Now it must convince observers that it has abandoned its old, corrupt ways.
- Turkey Scrambles F-16 Jets Over Syrian Border
July 02 2012 9:21 AM
On Sunday, Ankara said it scrambled F-16 fighter jets three times to ward off Syrian helicopters that were flying close to the border.
- More Aid Workers Kidnapped In Kenya Refugee Camp
June 29 2012 3:19 PM
Dadaab lies near Kenya's border with Somalia, and members of the Somali rebel group al Shabab have carried out attacks and kidnappings in Kenya in the past.