Articles by Daniel Tovrov
- Morsi Proclaims 'Rebirth Of Egypt' At Tahrir Rally
June 29 2012 2:08 PM
On the eve of taking his oath of office, Egyptian President-elect Mohammed Morsi addressed thousands of people in Cairo's Tahrir Square to share his vision for the rebirth of Egypt.?
- Iran Keeps Biggest Oil Customer As China Gets U.S. Sanctions Waiver
June 29 2012 12:00 PM
The United States gave China and Singapore exemptions from new sanctions targeting Iran's central bank and oil industry, which took effect on Thursday.
- Mercusor Trading Bloc To Suspend Member Paraguay
June 29 2012 10:27 AM
Mercosur, a four-nation regional trade bloc in South America, could suspend Paraguay's membership following the sudden removal of President Fernando Lugo last week
- Libyans Commemorate Abu Salim Prison Massacre
June 29 2012 9:42 AM
Libyans flocked to the Tripoli jail to view an exhibition on the massacre.
- Syria: Assad Rejects Forgien Intervention, Vows To Crush Terrorists
June 29 2012 8:59 AM
Meanwhile, activists said that up to 190 people were killed in the besieged city of Douma on Thursday in one of the bloodiest days of the 16 month old crisis.
- Labor Violations Detailed At Apple Factories In China
June 28 2012 3:56 PM
After a four-month investigation, a labor rights group has discovered deplorable working conditions throughout Apple's manufacturing network in China.
- Violence In Damascus Escalates: Is Assad On The Ropes?
June 28 2012 3:08 PM
As rebels attack more high profile targets in Damascus, Assad concedes that Syria was in a state of war for the first time in 16 months.
- Hillary Clinton Urges Latvian Govt To Return Jewish Property
June 28 2012 12:59 PM
In Riga on Thursday, Hillary Clinton urged Latvia to return several hundred previously seized properties -- including schools, synagogues and communal buildings -- to Jewish organizations ?quickly and fairly.?
- Yugoslav Tribunal Drops One Genocide Charge Against Radovan Karadzic
June 28 2012 10:02 AM
However, the court let stand 10 other charges against Karadzic, including one count of genocide over the 1995 Srebrenica massacre, in which 8,000 Muslim men and boys were executed.
- Nigerian President Fires Oil Execs For Corruption
June 27 2012 9:52 AM
Nigeria is one of the world's top oil producers, but the industry is controlled by the state and corruption at both the local and national level have halted most economic and social development.
- Syria Blames Terrorists, EU For Deadly 'Massacre Against Journalism'
June 27 2012 8:50 AM
Syria's state news agency called the attack the worst massacre against journalism and the freedom of media and blamed armed terrorists for the assault.
- African Islamist Militants Joining Forces: U.S. General
June 26 2012 3:18 PM
Three of Africa's most notorious Islamic militant groups are joining forces, some American officials fear.
- Russia Shoots Down Turkey-Syria War Rhetoric
June 26 2012 2:12 PM
Russia said that Syria shooting down a Turkish F4 Phantom jet is not a provocation of war.
- Syrian War Moves Dangerously Close To Assad's Palace
June 26 2012 1:41 PM
Intense fighting between Syrian government forces and rebels reportedly broke out in Damascus on Tuesday.
- Irish Birth Rate Soars Over Rest Of Europe
June 26 2012 12:50 PM
According to the Economic and Social Research Institute's latest Perinatal Statistics Report, Ireland's birth rate increased nearly 30 percent over the past ten years, equating to about 17,000 more births in 2010 than ten years prior.
- Corrupt Police Allegedly Kill Officers At Mexico Airport
June 26 2012 11:45 AM
Three federal officers were shot to death in the food-court of Terminal 2 of Mexico City's Benito Juarez International Airport on Monday.
- Can Morsi Heal And Unite A Fractured, Post-Mubarak Egypt?
June 26 2012 10:49 AM
Morsi inherits an Egypt that has become crestfallen since the revolution as the democratic process stalled and the military seized control. His first tasks will be rebuilding the economy, increasing security and fostering social unity so that this great and patient people could reap the fruits of its sacrifices.
- Syria-Turkey Relations Worsen After Second Plane Attacked
June 25 2012 4:13 PM
The two countries have been at odds since early into the 16 month-old crisis in Syria, but now Turkey is ready to punish Syria for attacking two of its planes.
- Syria Fires On Second Turkish Plane: Ankara Official
June 25 2012 2:06 PM
Syrian forces fired on a second Turkish plane on Monday, according to Turkey's deputy prime minister Bulent Arinc.
- Nigerian President Seeks 'New Tactics' To Fight Boko Haram, But Not Dialogue
June 25 2012 1:54 PM
These unnamed new tactics could include a dialog between the government and Boko Haram, however on Sunday Jonathan again said that he would not talk to the insurgents unless they came forward with a list of specific demands