Articles by Daniel Tovrov
- Why Is Tony Blair Doing Business In South Sudan?
July 16 2012 10:30 AM
Not much is clear about Tony Blair's new role in South Sudan: Is it humanitarian or an investment? Can he change negative policies or will be grow Juba's stalled economy?
- Egypt: Military Will Stop 'Certain Groups' From Taking Over
July 15 2012 4:34 PM
Egypt's top armed-forces official, Field Marshal Hussein Tantawi, said on Sunday that the country's military will not allow a certain group to dominate national politics, which some suggested is a veiled reference to the Muslim Brotherhood.
- Ex-Syrian Ambassador Says Military Intervention Only Way To Stop Bloodshed
July 15 2012 3:29 PM
Former Syrian ambassador Nawaf al-Fares is calling for military intervention as fighting in Damascus escalates.
- Israel: Self-Immolation Of Moshe Silman Could Define Social Movement
July 15 2012 2:13 PM
The self-immolation of an Israeli man at a protest in Tel-Aviv on Saturday night sent immediate shockwaves across the country.
- Bain Controversy Dominates Sunday Talk Shows
July 15 2012 11:20 AM
Rahm Emanuel and Karl Rove somehow agree on what the Romney campaign needs to do. Meanwhile, chief Romney campaign strategist Ed Gillespie ignores both of them.
- Red Cross Calls Syria A 'Civil War;' Regime Denies Tremseh Massacre
July 15 2012 10:40 AM
Syrian Foreign Ministry spokesman Jihad Makdissi rejected the United Nations claims that the regime attacked the village of Tremseh with heavy weapons and aircraft, calling the accusations baseless.
- UK Heiress Eva Rausing Found Dead In London Home
July 10 2012 3:22 PM
Rausing is believed to have died of a drug overdose.
- Myanmar Miltary Nominates Former General As VP
July 10 2012 2:15 PM
Myanmar's military has nominated Myint Swe, a former general with close links to the former junta, to replace Vice President Tin Aung Myint Oo.
- Don't Brand Libya's New Government As 'Pro-West' Yet
July 10 2012 1:14 PM
Libya?s new ?liberal? government may distance itself from the West and from NATO, which helped rebels free the country from Moammar Gadhafi.
- Two Shia Muslim Protesters Killed In Saudi Arabia
July 09 2012 3:44 PM
The Saudi interior ministry said that there had been no clashes between police and protesters in Awamiya, but activists said that live fire had been used by security forces during similar demonstrations.
- ECOWAS Calls For national Unity Government In Mali
July 09 2012 2:53 PM
The West African regional bloc ECOWAS is calling for the creation of a national unity government in Mali in order to take urgent steps to confront the terrorist peril in the north of the country.
- Egypt's High Court Nullifies President Morsi's Attempts To Reconvene Parliament
July 09 2012 10:38 AM
The long-anticipated showdown between Egypt's military and its new president -- the Muslim Brotherhood's Muhammad Morsi -- has opened, with Morsi, the SCAF and the Supreme Court heading into a three-way contest.