- Somali Rebels Say Obama's Whereabouts Is Worth 10 Camels, Clinton's 20 Chickens
June 11 2012 2:35 PM
Less than a week after the State Department put a $33 million bounty out for the capture of six high-ranking Somali rebels, al Shabaab has retaliated by offering its own reward for President Barack Obama.
- Syrian Turmoil Is Catching Israel's Attention
June 11 2012 1:40 PM
On Sunday, Israeli Vice Prime Minister Shaul Mofaz endorsed using military intervention to stop the ongoing crisis in Syria.
- New Boko Haram Church Attacks Kill 4 In Nigeria
June 11 2012 9:53 AM
Nigerian rebel group Boko Haram claimed responsibility for the twin attacks on evangelical churches that killed at least four people and injured dozens more on Sunday.
- Syrian Opposition Urges Assad Officials To Defect
June 11 2012 9:17 AM
The head of the Syrian opposition, Abdel Basset Sayda, urged officials to defect from Bashar al-Assad's government.
- U.S. Threatens Somali Officials With Sanctions
June 11 2012 8:42 AM
The American-backed transitional government of Somalia is set to hand over power to a new civilian government by Aug. 20
- 14 Dismembered Bodies Latest Casualty Of Mexico's Drug War
June 08 2012 11:05 AM
Authorities say that the 11 men and three women are the latest victims of turf wars between rival drug cartels.
- Egyptian Politicans Have 48 Hours To Make Constitutional Assembly
June 08 2012 9:53 AM
Egypt's ruling military council is paving the way for a new constitution after the original drafting committee was disbanded in April over complaints that the Muslim Brotherhood unfairly dominated the group.
- China Asks Iran To Be 'Flexible' Before Nuclear Talks
June 08 2012 8:45 AM
China is urging Iran to be flexible and pragmatic during its nuclear talks with six world powers, including China, next month.
- Sudan Demands AU Summit Be Moved Out Of Malawi
June 07 2012 4:13 PM
Sudan is demanding that July's African Union summit be moved after host nation Malawi said that President Omar Hassan al-Bashir was not welcome at the meeting.
- Selling England By The Pound: UK Up For Sale To The Highest Foreign Bidders
June 07 2012 3:24 PM
Punters in London pubs say the power station is cursed, but its latest purchase is far from extraordinary. The influx of Asian and Arab investors to England -- as well as to the United States, France, Greece and elsewhere -- is emblematic of the current economic state of the world.
- Clinton On Syria: Assad Must Go
June 07 2012 9:29 AM
U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has once again condemned the government of Bashar al-Assad and its unconscionable crackdown on dissidents, which has so far lasted 15 months and resulted in between 10,000 and 15,000 deaths.
- U.S. Places Bounty On Somali Terrorist Group Al Shabab
June 07 2012 8:49 AM
Bounties totaling $33 million are being offered by the State Department, including $7 million for al-Shabab's founder, Ahmed Abdi aw-Mohamed
- Iran Charges IAEA Is Spy Organization: Yet Another Obstacle To Nuclear Agreement
June 06 2012 2:38 PM
Iran has once again criticized nuclear watchdog group the International Atomic Energy Agency, this time for acting like an intelligence organization.
- Russian House Passes Controversial Protest Bill, Sparking Outrage From Opposition
June 06 2012 11:25 AM
Putin, whose former party United Russia sponsored the bill, said on Wednesday that he will not put his signature on the bill if it is not up to European democratic standards.
- 16 Boko Haram Militants Killed In Nigeria Gun Fight
June 06 2012 9:43 AM
Nigerian forces shot and killed at least 16 suspected Boko Haram militants during a firefight in the northern city of Maiduguri on Tuesday.
- Libyan Spy Chief Abuzeid Omar Dorda Faces Murder Charges
June 05 2012 4:26 PM
Dorda plead not-guilty to charges of mobilizing security forces to fire bullets at the heads and chests of civilians and preventing, through the use of force and intimidation, the staging of peaceful protests.
- Russia Is Not Against Assad's Resignation
June 05 2012 3:29 PM
Russia said on Tuesday that it is open to seeing Syrian President Bashar al-Assad step down from power if the terms of Kofi Annan's U.N.-backed ceasefire plan are not quickly met
- Putin Vs. Protests: The Kremlin's Newest Anti-Opposition Bill
June 05 2012 3:22 PM
Putin's government increases the fines for unsanctioned protests, culling critics who are against the draconian legislature.
- China, Russia Repeat Rejection Of Foreign Intervention In Syria
June 05 2012 12:12 PM
During a meeting in Beijing on Tuesday, Russian President Vladimir Putin and his Chinese counterpart, Hu Jintao, pledged to prevent foreign intervention in Syria.
- South Sudan: Corruption Threatens Nascent Economy
June 05 2012 11:14 AM
South Sudanese President Silva Kiir is pleading with 75 government officials to return $4 billion in stolen public money.