Articles by Daniel Tovrov
- Netanyahu: World Powers Are Too Soft On Iran
May 29 2012 3:24 PM
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu condemned the P5+1 group on Tuesday for being too lenient on Iran.
- France: Can Hollande Prevent Mass Layoffs?
May 29 2012 2:52 PM
French labor unions warned Francois Hollande's government of massive layoffs, which could test the new president's economic mettle.
- Mexico: Relatives Of Drug-Violence Victims Confront Presidential Candidates
May 29 2012 12:45 PM
All four presidential hopefuls were berated by the bereaved, who demanded that more be done to end the violence that has plagued the country for the past five years.
- Second Earthquake Hits Northern Italy; Emergency Resources Low
May 29 2012 11:03 AM
Rescue teams will construct makeshift shelters and tents for displaced people and those who are too afraid to return home. However, the region's emergency resources are reportedly low because of the last disaster.
- Egypt Election Chaos: What Does The Fire At Shafiq's HQ Mean?
May 29 2012 10:24 AM
Monday's incident raises a serious question: What will happen if Shafiq wins the run-off election?
- Moscow?s Airport Battle: How The Kremlin Is Moving To Wrest Control Of A $5 Billion Facility From Oligarchs
May 26 2012 1:24 PM
It?s a showdown between the government and the private owners of Domodedovo Airport, with the former trying by many accounts to pry control of Russia's most lucrative airport away from the shadowy company that runs it.
- Egypt's Presidential-Election Results: Morsi And Shafiq Move On
May 25 2012 5:42 PM
Mohammed Morsi did not attract the 50 percent majority of the votes needed to win the first round of Egypt's presidential election, so he will have to face Ahmed Shafiq in the second, and final, round on June 16-17.
- Kofi Annan Plans Next Round Of Syrian Peace Talks
May 25 2012 4:46 PM
U.N. chief Ban Ki-moon still believes Kofi Annan is the best hope of ending violence in Syria, although he admitted that at this time, we don't have any plan B.
- Somalia: Is The End of Al-Shabab Nearing?
May 25 2012 2:31 PM
African Union and Somali troops captured an al-Shabab stronghold outside of Mogadishu on Friday, claiming another key victory against the al Qaeda-backed rebel group.
- Egypt Election: Mohammed Morsi Vs. Ahmed Shafiq - Profiles Of The Front-Runners
May 25 2012 12:44 PM
One represents Egypt's future -- the other its past. Who are Mohammed Morsi and Ahmed Shafiq, Egypt's leading presidential candidates?
- Fight Erupts In Ukraine Parliament Over Pro-Russian Bill [VIDEO]
May 25 2012 10:59 AM
A violent brawl broke out during a session of the Ukrainian parliament on Thursday over a proposed bill that would make Russian an official language in the country's already Russian-speaking regions.
- What's Next For France In Afghanistan?
May 25 2012 9:13 AM
France's new president Francois Hollande made an unannounced first visit to Kabul on Friday, where he declared that it's time for a sovereign Afghanistan.
- U.S. Seeks Ties With Syrian Rebels
May 24 2012 2:55 PM
The Obama Administration is considered a secure way to send weapons to rebels fighting President Assad in Syria.
- Tokyo, Madrid, Istanbul Vie For Olympic (Pot Of) Gold
May 24 2012 2:13 PM
Do host cities make money?
- Mexico: Drug Cartel Boss Extradited To US
May 24 2012 11:31 AM
Alleged Beltran Leyva drug cartel boss Sergio Villarreal was extradited from Mexico to the United States on Thursday, where he faces federal cocaine trafficking and money laundering charges.
- New Election, Old Tricks For Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood
May 24 2012 10:00 AM
Muslim Brotherhood members illegally, but smartly, appeared outside polling stations during Egypt's presidential vote on Thursday.
- Egypt?s Copts Vote - Between Islamists And A Hard Place
May 24 2012 6:14 AM
With few presidential candidates on their side, who will Egypt's eight million Coptic Christians vote for?
- Somalia: African Union Troops Close In On Al Shabab Camp
May 23 2012 12:26 PM
Somali and African Union forces successfully expelled al-Shabab militants from villages around the rebel stronghold of Afgoye, but caused thousands of refugees to flee.
- Saudis To Give Yemen $3.25 Billion In Aid
May 23 2012 11:09 AM
Saudi Arabia has pledged $3.25 billion in aid to Yemen, which is trying to push back a powerful al Qaeda insurgency.
- Egypt Elections: No Clear Front-runner As Voting Begins
May 23 2012 9:35 AM
Millions of Egyptians lined up at polling stations on Wednesday to vote in the first presidential elections since the fall of Hosni Mubarak