- Could Moldova Be The Next Crimea?
March 18 2014 2:51 PM
Moldova is feeling the heat from Crimea's referendum to join the Russian Federation.
- Russian Deputy PM Taunts President Obama On Twitter
March 18 2014 11:08 AM
This is not the first time that Putin's close aide and envoy on missile defense makes a controversial comment.
- Why UK Jet Fighters Are Headed To Baltic States
March 17 2014 3:02 PM
While NATO beefs up its response to Russia after Crimea's vote to join the nation, Moscow also announces plans to deploy fighter jets to Belarus.
- And What Did Crimeans Think Of Russia Last Year?
March 17 2014 1:12 PM
Sunday, 97% of Crimeans voted to succeed from Ukraine and join Russia. What were their views in 2013?
- Turkish Troops Could Enter Syria To Protect A Turkish Shrine: Foreign Minister
March 14 2014 5:22 PM
Turkey could enter into the Syrian civil war to protect an important shrine.
- Thinking The Unthinkable - A Second Crimean War
March 14 2014 2:52 PM
Almost 165 years after the first Crimean War, a new conflict could occur on the Black Sea peninsula. What would it look like if it happened?
- Here's Why The Gezi Park Movement Has Returned In Turkey
March 13 2014 12:11 PM
The Turkish government cracks down after the protest movement from last year makes a comeback.
- Why Moldova Has One Eye On Crimea, And One On The Kremlin
March 12 2014 1:24 PM
Moldova is nervously watching the fate of Ukraine's autonomous region of Crimea as a sign of Russian encroachment.
- Turkey Protests, Round 2? Death Of Teenager Sparks New Unrest
March 11 2014 4:05 PM
After almost a year in a coma, a 15-year-old boy wounded in protests died, which sparked new anti-government riots.
- Here's Russia's Real Reason For Crimea Intervention
March 11 2014 11:50 AM
Vladimir Putin was unsettled by the fate of Ukraine's president, but his military reaction was a sign of weakness, experts said.
- Powerful Earthquake Hits Off Northern California's Coast
March 10 2014 9:38 AM
A strong quake hit an area near Eureka Sunday night and was followed by several aftershocks.
- Gas Weapon - Ukraine Facing Enormous Price Hike From Russia
March 10 2014 8:22 AM
Russia has historically used its energy resources as a political tool to exert influence, but now those resources may get in its way.
- Europe To Ukraine: We Have Your (Natural Gas) Back
March 07 2014 4:31 PM
Almost half of Europe's natural gas from Russia passes through Ukraine. Now Russian state-owned energy company Gazprom wants to stop the flow.
- US Navy Ship In Black Sea As Ukraine, Russia Tension Rises
March 07 2014 1:55 PM
The U.S. Navy said the deployment is part of a "routine" exercise.
- Apple And Israel Want To Become Closer Friends
March 06 2014 2:33 PM
Israel is known for its high-tech industry, and Silicon Valley has noticed. Prime Minister Netanyahu himself has visited to bolster ties.
- The 18 Ukrainians Whose Assets Were Frozen By The EU
March 06 2014 11:39 AM
Deposed President Viktor Yanukovych may have embezzled almost $37 billion of Ukrainian state funds, but what about his cronies?
- Ukraine's Military Capabilities - Strengths And Weaknesses
March 05 2014 5:09 PM
If an armed conflict breaks out between Ukraine and Russia, what capability does Ukraine have to wage a fight?
- Turkey's Crimea Connection - Why Istanbul Cares About Ukraine
March 05 2014 12:40 PM
Turkey has become a Black Sea region power, and Russia's deployment of more troops in Crimea and Ukraine has Turkish officials worried.
- WikiLeaks Reveals Ukraine's Cries For Help: Is US Aid Too Late?
March 04 2014 2:49 PM
U.S. diplomatic cables reveal that Ukraine appealed for support against Russian aggression years ago.
- Here's One Way Things Could Calm Down
March 03 2014 3:35 PM
Russia has used its energy resources as a political tool to exert influence, but now those resources may get in its way.