Articles by David Kashi
- Why The Sun Is Rising Regarding US Solar Energy Employment
January 29 2014 11:12 AM
Along with oil services, high-end manufacturing, and health care services, solar job growth will be strong in 2014.
- Nigerian Pirates Strike Off West Africa's Coast
January 27 2014 2:13 PM
While piracy worldwide might be declining, incidents in West Africa have been increasing and Nigerian pirates may be to blame.
- Can Turkey's Central Bank Help The Lira?
January 27 2014 10:19 AM
The recent corruption scandal has exposed Turkish P.M. Erdogan’s Islamic party's shady dealings, and the lira has responded accordingly.
- Palestinians And Russians Talk Energy
January 24 2014 1:18 PM
Why is Russia looking to secure a $1 billion energy deal In the Eastern Mediterranean Sea?
- What The OECD Head Is Saying About Carbon Emissions
January 24 2014 10:58 AM
After greenhouse gases in Earth's atmosphere hit a record in 2012, the OECD sets a bold new goal.
- US-Canadian Relations At Risk If Keystone Isn't Approved: Total CEO
January 24 2014 6:13 AM
Major energy companies in the U.S. aren't the only ones pushing for approval of the controversial pipeline.
- The Fuel Source For The Postmodern Railroad
January 23 2014 10:12 AM
With the surge of natural gas production in the U.S., rail companies are looking for ways to power locomotives with this cheaper alternative.
- Can Rouhani Win Over Global Oil Executives At Davos?
January 22 2014 12:02 PM
An upgrade of Iran's petroleum infrastructure would increase the value of the nation's oil assets.
- Why The Sea May Become Scotland's Postmodern Power Source
January 22 2014 10:54 AM
Scotland is known for its wind turbines, but tidal turbines beckon. Is this the future of its renewable energy program?
- The Quest To Make US Oil-By-Rail Shipments Safer
January 17 2014 11:23 AM
Recent oil-by-rail explosions caused by derailments have made local officials nervous about increased oil shipments passing through their towns.
- Royal Dutch Shell: Here's The Bad News
January 17 2014 9:59 AM
Royal Dutch Shell, Europe's largest oil company, cautioned investors that it will miss its fourth-quarter earnings forecast.
- What Maps Show Regarding Weather Patterns Across US
January 17 2014 6:23 AM
The U.S. Department of Agriculture's latest maps detail current soil moisture conditions.
- Shares Of Solar City, Founded By Tesla CEO Elon Musk, Are Rising After Deutsche Banks Tells Clients To Buy
January 16 2014 2:34 PM
Shares of tech wunderkind Elon Musk's SolarCity are rallying after Deutsche Bank gives the stock a thumbs up.
- WikiLeaks: How A Rabbi Got To Advise The US On Turkish Politics
January 16 2014 11:17 AM
Fethullah Gulen and his movement have mystified U.S. officials since the cleric came to the U.S. for medical reasons.
- Jobless Claims: Trend Is US Economy's Friend
January 16 2014 9:06 AM
Given the U.S. economy's size, it's almost impossible for claims to fall below 300,000 - but we're making a run at it.
- The Reason Britain Is Ramping Up Nuclear Power
January 16 2014 5:24 AM
Three years after Fukushima, England continues to advance its nuclear energy program with three plants in progress.
- Regardless Of Increased Oil Production, US Needs Robust Energy Security Policy
January 15 2014 3:08 PM
U.S. oil production alone may not be the only solution to the country's energy security.
- Regarding China's Renewable Energy Policy...
January 15 2014 11:15 AM
Is China doing anything to reduce its carbon emissions from coal-fired power plants?
- Coal Use May Be Down, But Not For These States
January 15 2014 6:35 AM
The U.S. is reducing carbon emissions and coal-fired power plants are being phased out, yet many states continue to be net coal importers.
- Georgia And Coal: Is The Love Affair Ending?
January 14 2014 3:32 PM
Georgia ranks third among 37 states for money spent on net coal imports, but that may soon decline.