Articles by David Kashi
- Telefonica Selling Stake In Czech Subsidiary
November 05 2013 11:07 AM
The Spanish telecom company looks to reduce its debt by selling off a major percentage of its Czech unit.
- Iran, Pakistan At Odds Over Natgas Pipeline Financing
November 04 2013 1:27 PM
Iran is having a hard time getting its natural gas out and a new pipeline between Iran and Pakistan is one way out.
- Turkey Losing Out On Natural Gas
November 04 2013 10:35 AM
Turkey's government has apparently decided that being anti-Israeli trumps being well supplied with natural gas.
- US Energy Secretary Reaffirms Support For Decommissioning Fukushima
November 01 2013 3:18 PM
Despite setbacks, Japan is on the road to decommissioning the nuclear plant that was destroyed in 2011, with help from its No.1 ally.
- Obama's New Strategy To Fight Global Warming
November 01 2013 12:05 PM
Obama has implemented several measures during the last 4 years to combat climate change. What is he doing differently after Superstorm Sandy?
- LNG Export Facilities Take To The Sea
November 01 2013 10:55 AM
A way to move natural gas onto the market is to liquefy it through onshore export facilities. But some companies aim to do that offshore.
- Talk About Harnessing The Sun
November 01 2013 9:16 AM
One of the world’s largest and most technologically advanced solar photovoltaic power plants is now commercially operational in California.
- Top 25 Companies Using Solar Energy To Power Business
October 31 2013 6:26 AM
Companies are looking to solar energy as a way to reduce their energy bills, and so far it's working.
- Why Turkey Is Building A Second Power Plant
October 30 2013 10:30 AM
Turkey relies heavily on oil and gas imports, and nuclear power is just one way to help diversify its energy mix.
- Great Barrier Reef In Danger From Energy Industry?
October 30 2013 9:26 AM
Australia is dealing with its own environmental concerns over its energy industry.
- Exxon Mobil Q3 Earnings Expected To Decrease 15%
October 30 2013 5:52 AM
With Exxon’s above-average U.S. refining exposure, a narrowing of the WTI-Brent spread likely hit earnings.
- The History Of Natural Gas & Its Importance
October 29 2013 10:53 AM
Natural gas is viewed as a key energy resource that is cleaner than burning crude oil or coal.
- California's Manure-To-Energy Program
October 29 2013 5:54 AM
No bull: California cows produce 35 million tons of manure. What's California doing to reduce nitrate levels?
- Jordan To Get Own Nuclear Power Plant
October 28 2013 3:39 PM
Why does Jordan's Hashemite dynasty need nuclear power? Isn't there enough petroleum in the region?
- Iran Is Able To Get Its Oil Out, But How?
October 28 2013 9:07 AM
An Iranian crude tanker finds a clever way to get around sanctions and bring its cargo to the global market.
- Eike Batista Loses Yet Again
October 25 2013 1:54 PM
How did the embattled tycoon lose $34 billion and keep losing?
- US Rail Industry Is Banking On Fracking
October 25 2013 11:44 AM
An spike in petroleum shipping by rail, thanks to the fracking boom, has offset declines in other kinds of rail traffic.
- England's Surprising Energy Mix
October 25 2013 8:57 AM
Looking to cut its carbon footprint, England focuses on the benefits of its planned new nuclear power plant, the first in 20 years.
- Obama Tackles Global Warming And National Security In New Arctic Strategy
October 25 2013 6:11 AM
What is Obama's new national security strategy have to do with global warming?
- Hors d'Oeuvres And Oversight: Do They Mix?
October 24 2013 9:20 AM
Does it matter if U.S. oil pipeline safety agency staffers spend more time at cushy corporate conferences than responding to pipeline incidents?