Articles by David Kashi
- Sinai Tour Bus Attack May Have Violated Order From Prophet Muhammad
February 18 2014 6:52 AM
If the terrorists who bombed a bus Sunday are Muslims, they violated an ancient charter protecting Christians in the Sinai.
- Forecasts Suggest Iran Could Go Back To Growth This Year
February 14 2014 4:21 PM
Is easing economic sanctions enough to help turn around Iran's economy?
- Are Diesel Buses Cleaner Than Natural Gas-Powered Ones?
February 14 2014 11:31 AM
The U.S. EPA may have underestimated the effects of methane emissions from vehicles that sub natural gas for diesel fuel.
- Why Pro-Western Candidates May Not Align With US Interests In Afghanistan
February 14 2014 10:20 AM
As the Afghan presidential election approaches, is there one candidate the U.S. may prefer to succeed Hamid Karzai?
- A Guide To Afghanistan's 2014 Presidential Election
February 13 2014 6:35 AM
With U.S.-led forces withdrawing by the end of the year, the embattled country faces one of its most important political decisions yet.
- How Cutting Visa Credit Card Protests Olympics
February 07 2014 3:11 PM
As the Winter Games kick off in Sochi, political leaders are protesting Russia's human rights abuses.
- The Implications Of Turkey's Proposed, Tight Internet Law
February 07 2014 12:00 PM
Turkey already regulates online content and websites, but a new law will increase censorship - while sites publish material related to a government scandal.
- US Navy Ships Enter Black Sea Ahead Of Sochi Olympics
February 05 2014 3:30 PM
Is the U.S. gearing up for a potential terrorist attack at the Games?
- Tips To Prepare For The Sochi Winter Games Cybersecurity Threat
February 05 2014 2:10 PM
What you need to know to about cybersecurity during the Winter Olympic Games -- even if you're watching from home.
- Why Assad Is Losing The Fight Over Syria's Energy Resources
January 29 2014 2:45 PM
What's more, rebels and extremists in control of key oil and gas fields are now funding the fight to depose Assad.
- Why The Sun Is Rising Regarding US Solar Energy Employment
January 29 2014 11:12 AM
Along with oil services, high-end manufacturing, and health care services, solar job growth will be strong in 2014.
- Nigerian Pirates Strike Off West Africa's Coast
January 27 2014 2:13 PM
While piracy worldwide might be declining, incidents in West Africa have been increasing and Nigerian pirates may be to blame.
- Can Turkey's Central Bank Help The Lira?
January 27 2014 10:19 AM
The recent corruption scandal has exposed Turkish P.M. Erdogan’s Islamic party's shady dealings, and the lira has responded accordingly.
- Palestinians And Russians Talk Energy
January 24 2014 1:18 PM
Why is Russia looking to secure a $1 billion energy deal In the Eastern Mediterranean Sea?
- What The OECD Head Is Saying About Carbon Emissions
January 24 2014 10:58 AM
After greenhouse gases in Earth's atmosphere hit a record in 2012, the OECD sets a bold new goal.
- US-Canadian Relations At Risk If Keystone Isn't Approved: Total CEO
January 24 2014 6:13 AM
Major energy companies in the U.S. aren't the only ones pushing for approval of the controversial pipeline.
- The Fuel Source For The Postmodern Railroad
January 23 2014 10:12 AM
With the surge of natural gas production in the U.S., rail companies are looking for ways to power locomotives with this cheaper alternative.
- Can Rouhani Win Over Global Oil Executives At Davos?
January 22 2014 12:02 PM
An upgrade of Iran's petroleum infrastructure would increase the value of the nation's oil assets.
- Why The Sea May Become Scotland's Postmodern Power Source
January 22 2014 10:54 AM
Scotland is known for its wind turbines, but tidal turbines beckon. Is this the future of its renewable energy program?
- The Quest To Make US Oil-By-Rail Shipments Safer
January 17 2014 11:23 AM
Recent oil-by-rail explosions caused by derailments have made local officials nervous about increased oil shipments passing through their towns.