Articles by David Kashi
- Coal Use May Be Down, But Not For These States
January 15 2014 6:35 AM
The U.S. is reducing carbon emissions and coal-fired power plants are being phased out, yet many states continue to be net coal importers.
- Georgia And Coal: Is The Love Affair Ending?
January 14 2014 3:32 PM
Georgia ranks third among 37 states for money spent on net coal imports, but that may soon decline.
- US Retail Sales: Decent December
January 14 2014 10:31 AM
The latest retail report shows a U.S. economy continuing to grow faster than expected.
- Just How Green Are Those New-Tech Natural Gas Plants?
January 13 2014 2:48 PM
New findings show that reduced carbon emissions from these plants have helped President Obama reach his Climate Action Plan goals for the nation.
- The US Department Of Defense's Plan To Cope With Polar Ice Melting
January 13 2014 11:07 AM
Polar ice melting has opened new sea lanes, prompting the U.S. to focus more resources and attention on the strategic region.
- Earthquake Felt In Northern Israel As Ariel Sharon Laid To Rest
January 13 2014 9:51 AM
As former Prime Minister Ariel Sharon is laid to rest in the south, a minor earthquake shakes northern Israel.
- Seven Founders of Modern-Day Israel
January 11 2014 8:46 AM
Sharon's death marks the end of Israel's founding leaders. Here are seven prominent figures who helped create the modern Jewish state.
- Polar Vortex Proves Nuclear Power Is A Reliable Energy Source
January 09 2014 9:27 AM
As temperatures drop, the demand in energy rises, and nuclear power is seen as a reliable source to heat and power homes.
- The Polar Vortex's Impact On US Natural Gas Supplies
January 08 2014 12:11 PM
With unprecedented cold hitting the U.S., natural gas demand has increased significantly to heat homes and power commercial spaces.
- What A Former Obama Aide Wants Him To Do Regarding Keystone
January 08 2014 11:06 AM
Who is the former Obama aide who called on the President to approve the Keystone XL pipeline?
- How Oil Is Transforming This North Dakota Town
January 07 2014 2:21 PM
The rise in oil production in northwest North Dakota has affected some local communities in surprising ways.
- Why Israel's Natural Gas Find Could Be A Catalyst For Peace
January 07 2014 6:50 AM
How could Israel's natural gas find help the current peace process? Can the energy resource encourage stability throughout the region?
- Russia's Mediterranean Move Is Not All About Oil And Gas
January 03 2014 7:43 AM
Is Russia looking to make a quick buck in the Mediterranean? Or is it looking to gain influence in the region?
- Pictures Of Train Derailment In North Dakota
December 31 2013 11:51 AM
A train carrying crude oil derailed on Monday in North Dakota and sent plumes of smoke and fire into the air.
- 11 Most Interesting Energy And Environmental Impacts Of 2013
December 31 2013 10:20 AM
Check out the top 11 most interesting infographics on the energy sector in 2013.
- The Keystone Pipeline's New Competition
December 27 2013 3:29 PM
If the Keystone XL pipeline is not approved, will crude oil have another way to get to the U.S. Gulf Coast?
- What's At Stake In The Turkey-Iran 'Gas For Gold' Scheme
December 27 2013 12:16 PM
Find out how the biggest corruption scandal in Turkey is affecting U.S. foreign policy.
- Is Climate Change Exaggerated?
December 26 2013 4:48 PM
More than 50 percent of Americans have a strong opinion about global warming. This infographic helps explain their thinking.
- Top 7 Solar Energy Projects Of 2013
December 26 2013 11:22 AM
This past year there were many new projects and even countries that decided to invest more in renewable-energy resources.
- Why Apple's Cook Is Traveling To Turkey In Early 2014
December 24 2013 12:44 PM
Rumors are surfacing that Apple may sign a massive deal with Turkey worth billions of dollars.