Articles by David Kashi
- Dow Chemical Q3 Earnings Up 20%
October 24 2013 7:48 AM
The nation's biggest chemical company made substantial progress in paying down its debt during the third quarter.
- How Is The US Producing So Much Energy?
October 24 2013 6:27 AM
The U.S. has surpassed Russia and even Saudi Arabia as the largest producer of hydrocarbons.
- US Pipeline Safety Workers Schmoozing Too Much: Environmentalists
October 23 2013 3:47 PM
Environmental group gets its hands on some interesting facts about the government agency charged with regulating U.S. pipelines.
- What You Need To Know about Iran's Renewable Energy Program
October 23 2013 11:26 AM
What is Iran willing to do in order to ease sanctions? Is renewable energy really a way the country can offset energy prices?
- Dow Chemical To Report 30% Q3 Profit Increase
October 23 2013 10:22 AM
The petrochemical company will post an increase in profits as its main feed-stock hit an all-time low.
- Department Of Energy Is Fighting Ghosts And Vampires This Fall, Too
October 23 2013 6:23 AM
You have to see it for yourself. The DOE has the best solution to ward of goblins and ghosts while saving energy and money.
- Israel Faces New - But Welcome - Conflict Over Energy
October 22 2013 10:32 AM
Historically always an energy importer, Israel now has a valuable new resource that raises major policy questions.
- Native Americans In Canada Protest Fracking
October 21 2013 10:25 AM
The First Nations group feel their lands are being exploited and damaged by the extraction method.
- Fukushima 2 Years Later: Nuclear Power In Europe Alive
October 21 2013 9:22 AM
Two years after the Fukushima power plant disaster, nuclear energy is still viewed as a reliable way to reduce greenhouse gases.
- The Oil Crisis Of October 1973: Cheap Gas, Nixon On The Way Out
October 18 2013 6:26 PM
The current U.S. energy boom makes it easy to forget the great impact the oil shortage had on Americans 40 years ago.
- US Jabs At Saudi Arabia 40 Years After Oil Embargo
October 17 2013 3:26 PM
The Arab Oil Embargo in 1973 created a crisis that forced millions of Americans into hours-long lines at the tanks. Now the U.S. is the largest oil-producing country in the world.
- Could High Court's EPA Review Hinder Climate Action Plan?
October 16 2013 1:32 PM
President Obama’s Climate Action Plan builds on past progress to reduce carbon emissions, but it also faces strong opposition.
- North Dakota Oil Spill Raises Transparency Questions
October 16 2013 11:10 AM
North Dakota is among several states seeing an oil boom, and regulating the industry has become difficult amid more drilling.
- Union Pacific Will Report 13% Q3 Profit Increase
October 16 2013 10:54 AM
The rail giant's operating ratio is expected to signal increased efficiency.
- Powerful Typhoon Heads To Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant
October 15 2013 10:25 AM
Japan's battered Fukushima nuclear power plant may have to absorb its second great pounding by the sea in two years.
- Is The US Serious About Exporting LNG?
October 14 2013 11:24 AM
Will proposals for US LNG export projects face the same delays as the proposed Keystone XL pipeline?
- Raytheon System Brings Blimps Back To Air Warfare
October 14 2013 9:45 AM
Why are blimps a significant part of the latest U.S. Air Force missile technology?
- US, Gulf States Fight For Control Of Oil Markets
October 14 2013 9:03 AM
Gulf states have increased crude oil production, hitting record highs, showing their dominance in the global oil market.
- Tom Hanks Champions The Real Captain Phillips
October 11 2013 2:37 PM
Tom Hanks has a new appreciation for one of the most dangerous and important industries in the world.
- TransCanada To US: You've Had 7 Years To Decide On Keystone XL
October 11 2013 8:38 AM
Anybody want to buy 600,000 tons of oil pipeline? At a serious discount? Contact TransCanada.