Articles by David Kashi
- US, Gulf States Fight For Control Of Oil Markets
October 14 2013 9:03 AM
Gulf states have increased crude oil production, hitting record highs, showing their dominance in the global oil market.
- Tom Hanks Champions The Real Captain Phillips
October 11 2013 2:37 PM
Tom Hanks has a new appreciation for one of the most dangerous and important industries in the world.
- TransCanada To US: You've Had 7 Years To Decide On Keystone XL
October 11 2013 8:38 AM
Anybody want to buy 600,000 tons of oil pipeline? At a serious discount? Contact TransCanada.
- Why The Keystone XL Pipeline Is Closer To Getting Approved
October 11 2013 6:20 AM
The Keystone XL pipeline has been delayed several times and may have just gotten some good news.
- Misread Tweet By Israel's Defense Forces Shoots Oil Prices Up
October 10 2013 5:03 PM
Beware using social media, it could affect the economy or raise prices of oil.
- Iran Is Launching Something Other Than Missiles: Wind Turbines
October 10 2013 11:41 AM
Who knew Iran is capable of launching anything else but missiles?
- Beer Drinkers, Beware: Fracking Might Poison Your Pale Ale
October 10 2013 9:55 AM
Activists against fracking say the drilling technique contaminates groundwater, which could mean toxic beer.
- How TransCanada, Can Lose $1 Billion Worth Of Pipeline For Keystone
October 10 2013 5:42 AM
TransCanada, still waiting for the green light to start building the pipeline, may lose billions of dollars if the project isn't approved.
- Kerry's Other Problem: South China Sea
October 09 2013 1:36 PM
The U.S. pivot to Asia has been out of the news for some time, but with renewed tensions over territories, the U.S. is stepping up its role.
- Is Turkish Company Getting Picked On By Erdogan?
October 09 2013 10:18 AM
Attack on major corporation is another black eye for Turkey's now-chronic attempt to convincingly join civil society.
- Energy Company Prefers To Invest In Unstable Africa Over Russia
October 08 2013 10:33 AM
Despite the instability in North Africa, Italian energy giant Eni SpA has a huge stake in oil and gas production there and plans to stay the course.
- Keystone XL Debate: How US-Canadian Relations May Suffer
October 08 2013 5:46 AM
The Keystone pipeline is being debated on its environmental and economic impacts, but there is another debate that few talk about.
- Will Canada's Politics Doom A Huge Investment?
October 07 2013 1:09 PM
Canada's biggest-ever foreign direct investment faces a possible fight from the opposition party.
- Maritime And Energy Dispute Between Israel And Lebanon Bringing Peace?
October 07 2013 10:06 AM
Recent natural gas finds in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea recent have countries vying for the rich energy resource.
- Top Financial Regulator Uses Springsteen Lyrics To Slam Deregulation, Wall Street Greed
October 04 2013 2:56 PM
"The financial sector and the banks in particular have created a Jungleland," boomed Bart Chilton to dramatize his comments on the economy.
- Energy East Pipeline Delayed Due To Environmental Concerns
October 04 2013 11:12 AM
TransCanada is looking to move the glut of oil out of its wells and onto the market, the Energy East Pipeline is one way.
- Karen May Stop Energy Operations Along Gulf Coast
October 04 2013 10:42 AM
The Gulf Coast, which accounts for about 44 percent of U.S. refining capacity, is bracing for a possible pounding from Tropical Storm Karen.
- Can Sewage Help Reduce US Energy Consumption?
October 04 2013 5:36 AM
Sun, wind and water energy you know about, but power from sewage? That's a new one.
- US LNG Exports Delayed By Shutdown, Costing Billions
October 04 2013 5:34 AM
The shutdown has stopped the review of LNG export facilities, delaying the process even further.
- Radioactive And Toxic Chemicals From Fracking Found In Pennsylvania Creek
October 03 2013 12:57 PM
A new study shows how even when wastewater is treated after fracking, it still can contaminate water supplies.