Articles by David Kashi
- Canada Is Hedging Against Chinese Investment In Oil Sands
October 02 2013 10:25 AM
Canada's oil industry sees foreign investment sink amid tighter regulations.
- How Syria Is Losing Out To Turkey On Oil
October 01 2013 12:51 PM
Is Turkey using the Syrian conflict to its advantage by tapping into the energy resource near the border?
- England Eyes US LNG Exports
October 01 2013 10:57 AM
As winter approaches England looks to diversify its energy mix as demand and prices soar.
- US Gasoline Prices Fall To Eight-Month Low: AAA
October 01 2013 8:45 AM
Everyone is concerned over the price of gas at the pump, but prices are falling, according to AAA.
- Mining Industry May Suffer From US Government Shutdown
October 01 2013 6:19 AM
Regulation and oversight may be affected by a partial U.S. government shutdown, but how?
- Want Solar Panels With Those Swedish Meatballs?
September 30 2013 1:52 PM
Promoting sustainability, Swedish furniture retailer IKEA will add solar panels to the menu in its U.K. stores in 2014.
- What Greenpeace Activists Did To Land In A Russian Prison
September 30 2013 11:39 AM
The environmental activist group Greenpeace International has gotten into trouble with authorities before, but this time it's different.
- Environmentally Friendly Fracking?
September 30 2013 9:27 AM
Is it possible to frack oil and gas from shale rock in an environmentally friendly way?
- Most Americans Back Keystone, But Want Reduction In Emissions: Poll
September 28 2013 10:20 AM
The Obama administration has a difficult task in coming up with an energy policy that can satisfy many.
- US, Iran Leaders Talk Directly For The First Time Since 1979
September 27 2013 5:01 PM
Friday’s phone call was the first time that American and Iranian leaders spoke since the Islamic revolution.
- Bad News, Platinum Lovers: You May Want To Try Palladium
September 27 2013 3:09 PM
Platinum miners in South Africa face layoffs as one of the largest mining companies looks to cut its payroll.
- Americans And Obama At Odds Over Keystone Approval?
September 27 2013 11:39 AM
A new Pew poll shows 65% of Americans favor building the controversial pipeline, and TransCanada may not take no for an answer, says Canada's PM.
- Obama Administration Touts Carbon Emissions Cuts; But What About Keystone XL?
September 27 2013 5:48 AM
Can President Obama reach his goal of reducing carbon emissions by 2020 if he approves the Keystone XL pipeline?
- US Energy Concerns No More?
September 26 2013 2:40 PM
The tech/engineering-based oil and gas boom in the U.S. has helped lower foreign imports. And the trend continues.
- Russia’s Arctic Coast LNG Port To Boost Maritime Traffic
September 26 2013 11:29 AM
Here’s how Russia is taking commercial advantage of global warming.
- Watch Out, Nigeria: Uganda Has Oil Too
September 26 2013 9:05 AM
China further expands its footprint in Africa via a deal to develop Ugandan oil reserves.
- Fukushima Has Nothing On Solar: Japan Reaches Renewable Milestone
September 26 2013 5:47 AM
Japan is looking to diversify its energy mix and stay clear from nuclear power after the disaster at Fukushima.
- Iron Ore Demand May Slow, But That's Not Stopping Supplies
September 25 2013 1:39 PM
Iron ore prices may fall with demand but major iron companies are using this as an opportunity to squeeze out other competition.
- Goodbye Greek Forests, Hello Hotels
September 25 2013 10:02 AM
Greece may pass laws that will allow the acquisition of private and even protected lands or forests for businesses.
- How A Bird Is Protecting The Environment
September 25 2013 8:45 AM
Environmentalists are wielding a new weapon in the fight against one of the biggest wind farms in Scotland, and it’s a bird.