Articles by David Kashi
- Why Warren Buffett May Be Swimming In Something Besides Money
November 15 2013 11:47 AM
Warren Buffett is building out his energy portfolio with a $3.5 billion stake in ExxonMobil.
- Can The Railroad Industry Handle The US Oil Boom?
November 14 2013 2:32 PM
Recent rail accidents involving petroleum products in North America have left many in the rail industry to question federal safety regulations.
- Iraq Turning The Tide In Oil Production?
November 14 2013 6:48 AM
How can Iraq become the biggest oil producer in the next 20 years, with all its political strife?
- Fuel Shortages In Wake Of Super Typhoon In Philippines
November 13 2013 8:40 AM
The typhoon that hit the Philippines last week damaged key energy infrastructure and affected fuel supplies.
- Will The US Lead World In Oil Production?
November 12 2013 2:12 PM
The U.S. has been extracting oil at record rates and will continue to do so, overtaking Saudi Arabia.
- Move Over, OPEC; Latin Country Poised To Take Your Turf
November 12 2013 10:32 AM
The International Energy Agency's World Outlook report points to a surprising up-and-coming global energy leader.
- An Unlikely Foe Of The Oil Production Boom
November 11 2013 2:56 PM
Ardent environmentalists are not the only ones opposed to the energy boom.
- Iranian Spiritual Leader Controls Secret Group Worth $95B
November 11 2013 10:22 AM
Iran's spiritual leader is a billionaire. But what is the ayatollah doing with his money?
- Fukushima Won't Stop Japan From Nuclear Energy Development
November 09 2013 10:07 AM
Despite the 2011 Fukushima disaster, the former head of the International Energy Agency says Japan still needs nuclear power.
- What Will Russia Do If Ukraine Becomes Energy Independent?
November 08 2013 5:54 AM
Can fracking in the Ukraine reduce its dependence on Russian gas?
- How A Wind Turbine Ends Up Away From The Wind
November 07 2013 1:11 PM
The Welsh government installed a wind turbine in hopes to reduce carbon emissions and energy costs, but they made one critical mistake.
- Ireland Eyeing Better Days
November 07 2013 10:24 AM
Ireland has come a long way since 2008, when its banking industry collapsed, and it has Europe to thank for the improved outlook.
- Peru's Buenaventura Gold Mine Is Up And Running Again
November 07 2013 8:33 AM
The largest Peruvian precious metal firm reached an agreement with workers at one of its gold mines.
- England Is One Big, Growing Wind Farm
November 07 2013 6:24 AM
England may be known for its gloomy weather, but that could change as tall fans are placed throughout the country.
- Global Greenhouse Gas Situation - The Awful Truth
November 06 2013 3:24 PM
A recent report by a U.N. agency shows devastating findings regarding the upward trend that is driving climate change.
- Tsunami Flotsam Headed To US West Coast
November 06 2013 10:30 AM
A flotsam extending across an area the size of Texas has nearly finished its trans-Pacific voyage and has become home to a host of invasive species.
- Nuclear-Wary Japan Steers Toward Solar
November 05 2013 2:11 PM
Japan opened its largest solar plant on Monday as the national energy policy shifts away from nuclear.
- Telefonica Selling Stake In Czech Subsidiary
November 05 2013 11:07 AM
The Spanish telecom company looks to reduce its debt by selling off a major percentage of its Czech unit.
- Iran, Pakistan At Odds Over Natgas Pipeline Financing
November 04 2013 1:27 PM
Iran is having a hard time getting its natural gas out and a new pipeline between Iran and Pakistan is one way out.
- Turkey Losing Out On Natural Gas
November 04 2013 10:35 AM
Turkey's government has apparently decided that being anti-Israeli trumps being well supplied with natural gas.