Articles by David Kashi
- Most Americans Back Keystone, But Want Reduction In Emissions: Poll
September 28 2013 10:20 AM
The Obama administration has a difficult task in coming up with an energy policy that can satisfy many.
- US, Iran Leaders Talk Directly For The First Time Since 1979
September 27 2013 5:01 PM
Friday’s phone call was the first time that American and Iranian leaders spoke since the Islamic revolution.
- Bad News, Platinum Lovers: You May Want To Try Palladium
September 27 2013 3:09 PM
Platinum miners in South Africa face layoffs as one of the largest mining companies looks to cut its payroll.
- Americans And Obama At Odds Over Keystone Approval?
September 27 2013 11:39 AM
A new Pew poll shows 65% of Americans favor building the controversial pipeline, and TransCanada may not take no for an answer, says Canada's PM.
- Obama Administration Touts Carbon Emissions Cuts; But What About Keystone XL?
September 27 2013 5:48 AM
Can President Obama reach his goal of reducing carbon emissions by 2020 if he approves the Keystone XL pipeline?
- US Energy Concerns No More?
September 26 2013 2:40 PM
The tech/engineering-based oil and gas boom in the U.S. has helped lower foreign imports. And the trend continues.
- Russia’s Arctic Coast LNG Port To Boost Maritime Traffic
September 26 2013 11:29 AM
Here’s how Russia is taking commercial advantage of global warming.
- Watch Out, Nigeria: Uganda Has Oil Too
September 26 2013 9:05 AM
China further expands its footprint in Africa via a deal to develop Ugandan oil reserves.
- Fukushima Has Nothing On Solar: Japan Reaches Renewable Milestone
September 26 2013 5:47 AM
Japan is looking to diversify its energy mix and stay clear from nuclear power after the disaster at Fukushima.
- Iron Ore Demand May Slow, But That's Not Stopping Supplies
September 25 2013 1:39 PM
Iron ore prices may fall with demand but major iron companies are using this as an opportunity to squeeze out other competition.
- Goodbye Greek Forests, Hello Hotels
September 25 2013 10:02 AM
Greece may pass laws that will allow the acquisition of private and even protected lands or forests for businesses.
- How A Bird Is Protecting The Environment
September 25 2013 8:45 AM
Environmentalists are wielding a new weapon in the fight against one of the biggest wind farms in Scotland, and it’s a bird.
- Can Global Warming Really Affect Tornado Season For The Worse?
September 24 2013 3:23 PM
Stanford University scientists say severe storms will only increase, costing the U.S. billions of dollars.
- Riverstone Pushes London IPO For Energy Co.
September 24 2013 11:42 AM
The energy-focused private investment firm, founded in 2000, has raised at least $26 billion in equity capital.
- Not Everyone Is Fracking Crazy - Gas Boom Ebbing: Analyst
September 23 2013 11:53 AM
Fracking is seen as the key element to the U.S. natural gas boom but some people are not so sure that there really is a boom.
- Turkey Eyes US Fracking Methods For Its Own Shale Gas
September 23 2013 10:41 AM
Turkey has relied heavily on natural gas imports but now looks to develop its own energy resources.
- Could Shipping Threats In Suez Make Panama A Better Route?
September 21 2013 12:46 PM
The increasing number of attacks in the Sinai Peninsula have many worried that terrorists may start attacking cargo and tanker ships.
- Panama Canal Expansion Seen Helping US Energy Sector
September 20 2013 1:21 PM
Once the expanded canal opens, the distance to ship U.S. natural gas from the Gulf Coast to Asia will decrease by 9,000 miles.
- Greenpeace’s Arctic Sunrise And Its Crew Still In Russian Custody
September 20 2013 11:30 AM
Russian authorities have not charged any of the crew members of a Greenpeace vessel after holding them in custody for 24 hours.
- US Oil Boom Fuels Increases In North American Rail Traffic
September 20 2013 9:31 AM
North American rail traffic is up and the North American oil boom could be the reason.