Articles by David Kashi
- Russia Fires On Greenpeace Vessel In Arctic, Arrest 2 Activists
September 18 2013 10:34 AM
Greenpeace sent five inflatable vessels to an oil platform operated by Russia's largest company in protest of drilling.
- Cyprus' Plan To Become Regional LNG Export Hub
September 17 2013 1:59 PM
Recent offshore discoveries in the eastern Mediterranean Sea have regional countries eyeing the resource.
- These 10 Countries Produce 85% Of Carbon Emissions From Coal
September 17 2013 10:19 AM
While climate change has taken center stage, carbon intensive coal-fired plants have been increasing capacity.
- These 3 Countries Have More Shale Oil Than The US
September 17 2013 9:10 AM
Countries with large shale crude oil and natural gas reserves can learn from the U.S. energy boom.
- Turks Offer To Import Israeli Gas By Building Undersea Pipeline
September 16 2013 11:41 AM
Turkey's need for natural gas may help it get over its animosity toward Israel.
- Libya To Act Against Oil Protests Across Country
September 16 2013 9:37 AM
A key question: Can Libya reverse course and become a reliable source for oil exports?
- Anglo American Pulls Out Of Pebble Mine Project
September 16 2013 9:07 AM
Will Northern Dynasty Minerals have to find a partner for Pebble to replace Anglo American?
- Little-Known Eastern Mediterranean Country Just Found Natural Gas
September 13 2013 1:20 PM
The tiny island nation of Cyprus, in the eastern Mediterranean Sea, has found huge offshore natural gas reserves in the Levant Basin.
- China Improving Air Quality -- Or Is It All Talk?
September 13 2013 12:10 PM
China announced a ban on new coal plants, but is that enough to curb air pollution?
- Crude Awakening: Fracking Boosts US Oil Output to 23-Year High
September 13 2013 11:48 AM
Aided by technology, U.S. oil production has increased at a rapid pace in an ongoing five-year oil boom.
- Texas Tea: State Ranks No. 10 Worldwide In Global Oil Production
September 13 2013 9:04 AM
With its oil production rising at a rapid rate, Texas is once again among the biggest oil-producing regions in the world.
- With Syria Distracted, Israel And Cyprus Exploit Resources
September 13 2013 6:24 AM
Off Syrian shores, large oil and gas deposits are waiting to be extracted, but the crisis has stalled the development of natural resources.
- North America And Saudi Arabia Stabilize Oil Markets
September 13 2013 12:54 AM
Reduced production in Libya and Nigeria has contributed to a rise in oil prices, but increased production elsewhere may reverse that.
- This Tiny Mediterranean Island May Be The Region's LNG Export Hub
September 12 2013 11:52 AM
Here's how the Eastern Mediterranean Sea can shape the natural gas market and diversify Europe's energy mix.
- Nigeria Production Is Falling Again: Western Companies Are Losing Billions
September 11 2013 11:53 AM
Is the increase in oil theft and instability in Nigeria over the fall in oil production making western energy companies think twice in investing?
- BP Still Finding Gas Amid Violence In Middle East
September 09 2013 9:55 AM
BP continues to explore and search for oil and gas in the Delta Nile region even as the Middle East tenses up.
- US Transportation Dept Beefs Up Emergency-Response Spending
September 05 2013 5:52 AM
After a series of hazardous materials transportation accidents, the DOT is helping states prepare for the worst.
- New Study Finds US Energy Sector Is Raising Income
September 04 2013 1:18 PM
The U.S. oil and gas boom is helping raise household income and boost important industries in the U.S., a study finds.
- South African Company Will Convert US Shale Gas To Fuels
September 04 2013 12:27 PM
Louisiana is known for its LNG export facilities, but a new project is set to convert natural gas into something else.
- Yes, Syria, Too, Has Oil And Gas
September 04 2013 6:00 AM
Wait a minute. Syria has one of the biggest conventional reserves of crude oil in the eastern Mediterranean?