Articles by David Kashi
- Columbia University Energy Daylong Discussion
November 22 2013 10:50 AM
Columbia University Center on Global Energy Policy kicked off the 9th annual Columbia University Energy Symposium, titled, Future Now: Energy Progress in the 21st Century.
- What You Need To Know About Keystone XL Status
November 21 2013 12:42 PM
The cross-border Keystone XL project has been delayed again. When will the pipeline, if approved, finally be operational?
- 25 Dead In Guinea Gold Mine Explosion
November 21 2013 9:30 AM
The West African nation has struggled to provide safety for independent miners.
- Greenpeace 'Arctic 30' Granted Bail
November 21 2013 9:25 AM
The environmental-activist crew of the Arctic Sunrise have been held in a Russian prison since September, charged with piracy and hooliganism.
- Europe To Canada: Keep (At Least Some Of) Your Crude
November 20 2013 12:05 PM
Europe is looking to curb its carbon emissions and that means staying away from Canada's tar sands-based crude oil.
- NYC Swarms With Toxic Sites: Find Out Where To Avoid Them
November 20 2013 6:20 AM
There is something on the streets of New York City that most people do not know about that can harm them. What is it?
- US Provides $37 Million In Humanitarian Aid Since Typhoon
November 19 2013 11:28 AM
The U.S. is not only providing humanitarian aid with cash and materials but also helping with search-and-rescue efforts.
- Why Banks In London Are Exiting The Carbon Trade
November 19 2013 10:15 AM
The emissions trading system in Europe may be failing, as London banks close or scale back carbon trading desks.
- South Africa Could See Expansion Of Coal Plants
November 19 2013 8:24 AM
Escalating prices and an abundance of reserves could spur the implementation of coal expansion projects.
- Will Obama Finally Make Up His Mind On Keystone Next Year?
November 18 2013 2:56 PM
It has been five years since the Keystone XL was first proposed, and we will soon learn its fate.
- Gateway West Transmission Line - Connecting Renewables Supply To Demand
November 18 2013 10:29 AM
The Obama administration energy initiative will help integrate renewable energy sources with transmission lines across the U.S.
- How Pipeline Explosions May Kill Keystone XL Project
November 15 2013 3:53 PM
The Keystone XL pipeline debate is back in the news after a pipeline explosion. Here's how environmentalists are using this to their advantage.
- Why Warren Buffett May Be Swimming In Something Besides Money
November 15 2013 11:47 AM
Warren Buffett is building out his energy portfolio with a $3.5 billion stake in ExxonMobil.
- Can The Railroad Industry Handle The US Oil Boom?
November 14 2013 2:32 PM
Recent rail accidents involving petroleum products in North America have left many in the rail industry to question federal safety regulations.
- Iraq Turning The Tide In Oil Production?
November 14 2013 6:48 AM
How can Iraq become the biggest oil producer in the next 20 years, with all its political strife?
- Fuel Shortages In Wake Of Super Typhoon In Philippines
November 13 2013 8:40 AM
The typhoon that hit the Philippines last week damaged key energy infrastructure and affected fuel supplies.
- Will The US Lead World In Oil Production?
November 12 2013 2:12 PM
The U.S. has been extracting oil at record rates and will continue to do so, overtaking Saudi Arabia.
- Move Over, OPEC; Latin Country Poised To Take Your Turf
November 12 2013 10:32 AM
The International Energy Agency's World Outlook report points to a surprising up-and-coming global energy leader.
- An Unlikely Foe Of The Oil Production Boom
November 11 2013 2:56 PM
Ardent environmentalists are not the only ones opposed to the energy boom.
- Iranian Spiritual Leader Controls Secret Group Worth $95B
November 11 2013 10:22 AM
Iran's spiritual leader is a billionaire. But what is the ayatollah doing with his money?