- Iranian Spiritual Leader Controls Secret Group Worth $95B
November 11 2013 10:22 AM
Iran's spiritual leader is a billionaire. But what is the ayatollah doing with his money?
- Fukushima Won't Stop Japan From Nuclear Energy Development
November 09 2013 10:07 AM
Despite the 2011 Fukushima disaster, the former head of the International Energy Agency says Japan still needs nuclear power.
- What Will Russia Do If Ukraine Becomes Energy Independent?
November 08 2013 5:54 AM
Can fracking in the Ukraine reduce its dependence on Russian gas?
- How A Wind Turbine Ends Up Away From The Wind
November 07 2013 1:11 PM
The Welsh government installed a wind turbine in hopes to reduce carbon emissions and energy costs, but they made one critical mistake.
- Ireland Eyeing Better Days
November 07 2013 10:24 AM
Ireland has come a long way since 2008, when its banking industry collapsed, and it has Europe to thank for the improved outlook.
- Peru's Buenaventura Gold Mine Is Up And Running Again
November 07 2013 8:33 AM
The largest Peruvian precious metal firm reached an agreement with workers at one of its gold mines.
- England Is One Big, Growing Wind Farm
November 07 2013 6:24 AM
England may be known for its gloomy weather, but that could change as tall fans are placed throughout the country.
- Global Greenhouse Gas Situation - The Awful Truth
November 06 2013 3:24 PM
A recent report by a U.N. agency shows devastating findings regarding the upward trend that is driving climate change.
- Tsunami Flotsam Headed To US West Coast
November 06 2013 10:30 AM
A flotsam extending across an area the size of Texas has nearly finished its trans-Pacific voyage and has become home to a host of invasive species.
- Nuclear-Wary Japan Steers Toward Solar
November 05 2013 2:11 PM
Japan opened its largest solar plant on Monday as the national energy policy shifts away from nuclear.
- Telefonica Selling Stake In Czech Subsidiary
November 05 2013 11:07 AM
The Spanish telecom company looks to reduce its debt by selling off a major percentage of its Czech unit.
- Iran, Pakistan At Odds Over Natgas Pipeline Financing
November 04 2013 1:27 PM
Iran is having a hard time getting its natural gas out and a new pipeline between Iran and Pakistan is one way out.
- Turkey Losing Out On Natural Gas
November 04 2013 10:35 AM
Turkey's government has apparently decided that being anti-Israeli trumps being well supplied with natural gas.
- US Energy Secretary Reaffirms Support For Decommissioning Fukushima
November 01 2013 3:18 PM
Despite setbacks, Japan is on the road to decommissioning the nuclear plant that was destroyed in 2011, with help from its No.1 ally.
- Obama's New Strategy To Fight Global Warming
November 01 2013 12:05 PM
Obama has implemented several measures during the last 4 years to combat climate change. What is he doing differently after Superstorm Sandy?
- LNG Export Facilities Take To The Sea
November 01 2013 10:55 AM
A way to move natural gas onto the market is to liquefy it through onshore export facilities. But some companies aim to do that offshore.
- Talk About Harnessing The Sun
November 01 2013 9:16 AM
One of the world’s largest and most technologically advanced solar photovoltaic power plants is now commercially operational in California.
- Top 25 Companies Using Solar Energy To Power Business
October 31 2013 6:26 AM
Companies are looking to solar energy as a way to reduce their energy bills, and so far it's working.
- Why Turkey Is Building A Second Power Plant
October 30 2013 10:30 AM
Turkey relies heavily on oil and gas imports, and nuclear power is just one way to help diversify its energy mix.
- Great Barrier Reef In Danger From Energy Industry?
October 30 2013 9:26 AM
Australia is dealing with its own environmental concerns over its energy industry.