Articles by David Kashi
- Obama, Kerry Say US Still Undecided On 'Limited, Tailored' Syria Action
August 30 2013 3:04 PM
As the week ends, Washington resorted again to harsh words against Syria, saying a strike would not look like the Iraq War.
- Five Little-Known Facts About The Keystone Pipeline
August 30 2013 10:50 AM
The Keystone XL pipeline has been delayed for years, and yet it's always in the news. Here's why.
- US Airstrike On Syria: Iran, Hezbollah Unlikely To Retaliate Against US or Israel
August 30 2013 10:43 AM
Syria's Mideast allies will tolerate a certain amount of U.S. bombardment of Syria, according to one analyst.
- Oil Prices Rise, But Not Due To Syria Crisis
August 29 2013 4:04 PM
A series of oil sector factors has pushed oil well above $100 per barrel.
- US And Georgia Boost Military Cooperation To Guard Pipelines
August 28 2013 6:03 AM
U.S. military ties to Georgia are part of strategy to break Europe's energy dependency on Russia.
- Can Europe Afford Azerbaijan's Natural Gas?
August 27 2013 3:21 PM
The new pipeline from Azerbaijan will run through Greece, Albania and Italy, where many consumers can't pay their energy bills.
- US Maritime Industry Banking On The Panama Canal Expansion?
August 27 2013 6:06 AM
Looks like the U.S. maritime industry is doing pretty well for itself and may even get a boost in the coming years.
- Russia Threatens To Fire On Greenpeace In The Arctic Ocean
August 26 2013 12:57 PM
Russia is definitely making a statement regarding oil and gas reserves in the Arctic Ocean.
- New Boeing Aerial Refueling Tanker Starts Production [PHOTOS]
August 24 2013 3:57 PM
The U.S. Air Force is in need of transforming its aging fleet of aerial refueling tankers.
- Korea Eyeing Boeing’s Stealthy F-15SE To Enhance Air Force
August 23 2013 9:50 AM
It appears the price tag could be the critical factor as South Korea shops for fighter jets in what is becoming a rough neighborhood.
- Five Troubling Comments By Turkish PM And Other Officials
August 23 2013 6:10 AM
Over the years Turkey has made some pretty inflammatory statements; here are five that will have you asking, really?
- Secret Life Of Syrian WMDs: How Europe Sold Chemicals To Syria
August 22 2013 11:27 AM
Go figure: Europe is angry that Syria is using the horrific weapons it enabled them to make.
- Chemical Attacks By Assad Prompts Zero Action Again By US
August 21 2013 10:00 AM
Chemical weapons allegedly have been used for the second time by the Syrian army, but Syria's government denies the charge.
- Global Mining Companies Are Booking Huge Write-downs
August 20 2013 3:25 PM
Falling metals prices, especially for gold and copper, have forced mining companies to take big write-downs.
- Ultra-Class Haulers Moving More Ore
August 20 2013 12:13 PM
With the decline in the grade of mined ore and the need for greater capacity, ultra-class haulers now account for 16% of the global payload.
- Mining Giant Xstrata To Write Down $7B In Assets
August 19 2013 9:29 AM
Falling prices for nickel are part of the reason Xstrata is taking a big write-down.
- BP Not Affected By The Crisis In Egypt, Yet
August 16 2013 3:57 PM
As the death toll rises in Egypt to 600, BP operations and production continue unaffected.
- Turkey Can Get Billions Of Dollars In Investment Moving Gas To Europe
August 16 2013 2:13 PM
Turkey and Azerbaijan pipeline can give Turkish local companies $8 billion in investment just from the construction of the Trans-Anatolian Gas Pipeline.
- Japan Is Hot For Nigeria's LNG Cargoes
August 16 2013 1:07 PM
With two of Japan's nuclear reactors down for servicing, the nation is looking for LNG that is readily available.
- Car Bomb In Southern Beirut Kills At Least 16, Injures Hundreds
August 15 2013 5:33 PM
The explosion was the latest security incident in Lebanon stemming from the civil war in neighboring Syria.