- JetBlue Sale: Post Holiday Discounts Offered, Deadline Jan. 5
January 03 2012 12:38 PM
The latest promotion is for one-way fares for as low as $39. Tickets must be purchased by Jan. 5 (before 11:59 p.m. on Jan. 3), and a seven-day advance purchase is required.
- Japan Earthquake 2012: Fukushima Okay, but Government Urges State Control of Nuclear Plant
January 03 2012 9:21 AM
Buildings reportedly swayed from the jolt in Tokyo, but the Daily Mail reported that the quake did not disrupt the final of the Emperor's Cup football tournament being played at the National Stadium.
- Dogs Found Skinned on Colorado Roads (VIDEO)
January 03 2012 8:47 AM
Police told CBS Denver the dog was skinned and beheaded. Its tail was also removed.
- New Year Resolutions: Rupert Murdoch Twitter Starts 2012
January 03 2012 8:16 AM
He had a year plagued by scandal at News Corp. in 2011, and he was accused of working too hard to avoid public comment. But Rupert Murdoch is starting 2012 off in a different way -- he's opened a Twitter account and apparently isn't afraid to tweet.
- Oil Price Jumps Over Iran Tensions; Global Markets Rise
January 03 2012 7:36 AM
ICE February Brent crude futures rose $2.97 to $110.35 a barrel in trading, while U.S. crude futures were up $2.70 to $101.53 a barrel. U.S. crude futures were up as much as $101.68 in the trading day.
- Fiesta Bowl 2012: Live Streaming of Oklahoma State vs. Stanford on ESPN 3
January 02 2012 8:44 PM
The Tostitos Fiesta Bowl 2012 features one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the college game, Stanford's Andrew Luck. He's expected to be the first player taken in the April 2011 NFL draft.
- Rose Bowl 2012 Score Update: Oregon Leads Late in Fourth Quarter
January 02 2012 8:26 PM
On a warm day in Pasadena, Wisconsin scored first, driving 77 yards in seven plays when Russell Wilson passed complete to Jared Abbrederis for 38 yards and a touchdown.
- Rose Bowl 2012 Score Update: Oregon, Wisconsin Set First Half Scoring Record
January 02 2012 6:59 PM
The Rose Bowl 2012 looks more like a track meet than a football game. With 635 total yards between #5 Oregon and #10 Wisconsin and a new Rose Bowl record for points in a half -- 56 -- the score is tied 28-28.
- 2012 NFL Playoff Schedule Set; Games Begin Jan. 7
January 02 2012 5:31 PM
The 2012 NFL Playoffs are poised to begin -- the field is set and games will start on Jan. 7 with Wild Card matchups culminating with the Super Bowl on Feb. 5 in Indianapolis.
- Mass. Trooper Mistakes Dogs for Deer; Shoots Woman Walking Retrievers
January 02 2012 5:12 PM
An off-duty state trooper hunting in Massachusetts thought he saw deer. He fired, hitting and wounding a 66-year-old woman who was out walking her dogs instead. He thought the dogs were deer, but in fact they were two retrievers out for a walk with their owner, the woman who was shot and injured.
- After Scandals, Rupert Murdoch of News Corp. Takes to Twitter in 2012
January 02 2012 12:11 PM
The media mogul's Twitter handle is rupertmurdoch. And in the first day of tweets he had almost 50,000 followers. He didn't let them down, either, delivering tweets with perspective on the New Year and more. A spokesperson for News International confirmed that the user rupertmurdoch wasn't a fake -- it is really Murdoch.
- NFL Playoff Schedule 2012: Super Bowl XLVI at Indianapolis (COMPLETE SCHEDULE)
January 02 2012 10:20 AM
The 2012 NFL Playoff schedule begins next Saturday, Jan. 7, with AFC and NFC Wild Card games.
- Dennis Rodman Basketball Team to Feature Topless Women
January 02 2012 9:29 AM
Rodman knew that Rick's Cabaret had momentarily launched a topless basketball league with Spud Webb, a former NBA star with the Atlanta Hawks. Currently, Webb is in charge of the NBA Development League team the Texas Legends. But Rodman hopes his topless team -- once he gets it together -- can face Rick's Cabaret's team in a charity game.
- Winter Classic 2012: Ilya Brzygalov Announces He's Sitting (VIDEO)
January 02 2012 9:02 AM
The drama happened on New Year's, one day before the big game. Reporters covering the Flyers practice asked Sergei Bobrovsky who was starting in the goal. They were told, It's very confidential. The coach, Peter Laviolette, had planned to announce it today, just before the game. On Sunday, he said there was no decision yet.
- iOS Jailbreak: iPad Apps Running on Apple TV (VIDEO)
January 01 2012 5:33 PM
The developers of the Apple TV MobileX project have just released a new, longer, more in-depth video explaining a jailbroken Apple TV running iOS apps running at 720p resolution.
- Colts Secure No. 1 Draft Pick with 'Luck' of Loss
January 01 2012 5:04 PM
The Colts locked up the first pick in April's NFL draft today by losing to the Jacksonville Jaguars 19-13.
- Argentina Governor Shot in Head, Killed; Wife Questioned
January 01 2012 3:20 PM
Gov. Soria and his wife, Susana, were reportedly in their bedroom early Sunday after spending New Year's Eve at their home in General Roca, according to authorities. Emergency personnel received a call and arrived at the home just before 5 a.m., local media reported. Gov. Soria was found bleeding in bed, yet alive. He was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
- Japan Earthquake 2012: Strong Quake Shakes New Year's Day
January 01 2012 10:14 AM
A strong earthquake with a magnitude of 6.8 shook Japan off the country's coast on Sunday, the first day of the new year, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. The USGS said the earthquake struck 495 kilometers (307 miles) south-southwest of Tokyo.
- MSG, Time Warner NYC Negotiations Fail: Goodbye Knicks, Rangers and More
January 01 2012 9:54 AM
Negotiations between MSG Network and Time Warner Cable didn't yield a last minute result and as the clock struck midnight on New Year's eve a blackout began for MSG and MSG Plus channels on Time Warner Cable in New York City.
- Rodman to Launch Topless Team: Rick Cabaret vs. Headquarters Gentleman's Club?
January 01 2012 9:33 AM
Rodman heard that Rick's Cabaret was launching a topless basketball league with Spud Webb, a former NBA star with the Atlanta Hawks. Currently, Webb is in charge of the NBA Development League team the Texas Legends. Rodman hopes his topless team and face Rick's Cabaret's team in a charity game, according to MSNBC.com.