- Will Obama's Cyber Directive Echo JFK's Moon-Shot Challenge?
February 17 2013 9:41 AM
The president's directive on cyber security recalls JFK's call for a man on the moon. Will private companies get the same turbocharge?
- Will Mega-Dip Explain Dell's Rush To Mega-Buyout?
February 17 2013 9:34 AM
When Dell reports fourth-quarter results Tuesday, millions of customers might understand why Michael Dell wants a $24.4 billion buyout.
- What's Up For Dropbox, SugarSync, Exablox? IPO Or Acquisition?
February 15 2013 12:43 PM
Global digerati generate data they store on Dropbox, Box, Sugar Sync and others. Are they IPO-worthy?
- Michael Dell To Get Less Than Others To Make $24.4B Buyout Work
February 14 2013 4:44 PM
Michael S. Dell built Dell Inc. into the No. 3 PC maker by selling below competitors.
- BlackBerry Co-CEO Sells Remaining Shares
February 14 2013 12:17 PM
Jim Balsillie, the long-time co-CEO of BlackBerry, is no longer a shareholder. He sold his 5 percent stake in the company last year.
- Can Chambers Keep Up The Momentum At Cisco?
February 14 2013 12:12 PM
Now that Cisco Systems posted its first quarter of solid income gains with a new formula, is it paying off?
- Apple Knocks Einhorn's Lawsuit As Self-Serving
February 14 2013 9:51 AM
Apple has responded to investor Greenlight Capital’s lawsuit by charging that the firm is trying to keep its shareholders “hostage.”
- Amazon Gets 'Raymond' From CBS As Kindle Adds More Content
February 13 2013 4:25 PM
Amazon expanded its content licensing with CBS to add shows like "Everybody Loves Raymond" to its Amazon Prime service.
- Hacker-Prevention Developer Cylance Gets $15M In New Funding
February 13 2013 3:40 PM
Cylance, a 7-month-old Internet security startup founded by a former McAfee executive, raised an initial $15 million in venture capital.
- Tech Sector Hails Cybersecurity, Visa Reform Push
February 13 2013 1:43 PM
The technology sector welcomed Obama's initiatives on cybersecurity, but there was one notable omission: offshore cash.
- Samsung Takes Mobile Crown From Nokia
February 13 2013 10:30 AM
Samsung Electronics was the top mobile phone seller in 2012, snatching the crown from Nokia. Global sales fell 1.7 percent.
- Obama Speaks: Tech Sector's Top 3 Items
February 12 2013 4:47 PM
When President Barack Obama delivers his State of the Union address, the technology sector will be listening for three key items.
- T. Rowe Price Blasts Dell Buyout Price As Too Low
February 12 2013 3:31 PM
The proposed $24.4 billion management buyout of Dell encountered another obstacle as its No. 2 outside shareholder said the deal's undervalued.
- Apple's Cook Sees More Gains, Says Greenlight Lawsuit 'Bizarre'
February 12 2013 12:29 PM
Apple CEO Tim Cook said management was receptive to new ways to tap its huge cash pile, won’t make unwise acquisitions and said market share prospects for 2013 were solid.
- Security Developer Nok Nok Labs Takes In $15M
February 12 2013 10:40 AM
Internet security startup Nok Nok Labs, whose directors include former White House security adviser Richard Clarke, said it had raised $15 million in venture capital.
- Cisco 2Q Earnings Likely To Rise With Shift To Software
February 11 2013 3:38 PM
When Cisco Systems reports second-quarter results, investors expect marginally higher earnings on increased revenue.
- Schmidt's Stock Sales Don't Signal Big Shift, Google Says
February 11 2013 1:36 PM
Although Eric Schmidt, chairman of Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG), filed intentions to sell a major share block, the company said it was “routine."
- They Know What You've Been Sharing
February 11 2013 11:35 AM
Raytheon has devised powerful software that tracks individuals via social media posts and GPS to use analytics to aid security agencies.
- Tim Cook's Latest Mistake Was Letting Apple's Cash Pile Swell To Record
February 10 2013 9:59 AM
Apple is facing shareholder opposition because its CEO has done little to allocate the big money it has been accruing in recent years.
- Google Adapts AdWords For Mobile; Partners With Yahoo
February 08 2013 3:35 PM
Google will adapt its AdWords strategy to work better and more cheaply for mobile ads. It's also working with Yahoo.