- HP's Boardroom Rife With Intrigues, Plots, Firings
November 20 2012 3:38 PM
Hewlett-Packard has been been plagued for years with intrigue and firings more akin to the old “Dallas” TV show, than Silicon Valley.
- Who's Next At Intel? Insiders Have Tradition But An Outsider Could Do Job
November 20 2012 12:25 PM
Intel Corp. (Nasdaq: INTC) acknowledged it needs new blood to move to the mobile era. That's why CEO Paul Otellini will retire.
- HP Reports Expected Record Loss, Sees Tough Going In Rebuild
November 20 2012 8:49 AM
Hewlett-Packard Co. (NYSE: HPQ) reported fourth-quarter results below estimates and announced an even bigger writedown than expected.
- Facebook Won't Tap Yahoo For Search Improvements
November 19 2012 3:38 PM
Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, quashed market speculation it might forge an alliance with Yahoo (Nasdaq: YHOO), the No. 3 search engine.
- HP's 4Q Results May Shed Light On Turnaround Duration
November 19 2012 11:58 AM
Hewlett-Packard (NYSE: HPQ), the top computer maker, is expected to report a staggering fourth-quarter and annual loss Tuesday.
- Intel's CEO To Step Down But Transition Unsure
November 19 2012 10:21 AM
Paul Otellini, CEO of Intel, will retire next year. A successor wasn't designated but Intel has its eye on an inside candidate.
- For Tech Sector, 2013 Looks Like Another Rough Ride
November 18 2012 10:07 AM
We should have known: 2012 has been the Year of the Dragon. Too bad it's followed by the Year of the Snake.
- Ex-IBM Privacy Counsel Warns Enterprises Unready For Cyberattacks
November 16 2012 3:10 PM
For 12 years, Chief Privacy Officer of IBM (NYSE: IBM) Harriet Pearson, in private practice, warns companies aren't ready for cyberattack.
- Apple Shares Now Off 30% From September Peak
November 16 2012 12:53 PM
Can it rebound? Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) shares Friday set a three-month low of $505.75, $200 below their record high of $705.07 set on Sept. 21.
- Google Might Hook Up With Dish Network For Big TV Push
November 16 2012 11:21 AM
No. 1 search engine Google, the operator of YouTube, may establish a national network: a hookup with Dish Network.
- Dell Misses 3Q Estimates And Warns Of Tepid Growth Ahead
November 15 2012 4:32 PM
Dell (Nasdaq: DELL) reported lower-than-expected third-quarter results and warned of slow growth ahead.
- Facebook Shares Fall Again After Partial Andreessen Bailout
November 15 2012 3:34 PM
Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB) resumed their fall after director and early investor Marc Andreessen cashed out a big position.
- IBM Adds $4B Financing To Stimulate Business Sales
November 15 2012 11:07 AM
IBM Global Financing, part of the Armonk, N.Y.-based company, quadrupled the cash amount in its latest financing plan.
- TI To Fire 1,700 As It Trims OMAP Chip Sector
November 15 2012 9:35 AM
Texas Instruments Inc. (Nasdaq: TXN), the No. 2 U.S. chipmaker, said it will trim 1,700 jobs at its global semiconductor plants.
- Dell 3Q Results: Is New Strategy For Services Paying Off?
November 14 2012 11:34 PM
When he was 22, Michael Dell was the guy to sell you a PC or laptop by mail. Now it's services.
- FEMA To Fix L.I. Homes In Unprecedented Program
November 14 2012 5:09 PM
Thousands of Long Island residents whose houses were damaged by Superstorm Sandy will be eligible for a new “temporary fix” program with aid from FEMA.
- Facebook Shares Jump As Employees Eligible To Cash Out
November 14 2012 3:55 PM
Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB) rose 13 percent Wednesday despite the availability of 800 million new shares offered to employees as stock options.
- Cisco Shares Jump 8% Boosting Dell, HP
November 14 2012 10:46 AM
Shares of Cisco Systems (Nasdaq: CSCO), the top provider of Internet equipment, rose as much as 8 percent after the company reported robust first-quarter results.
- Who's Next For LIPA? Gerstner? Suozzi? Zarb? Petraeus?
November 14 2012 9:41 AM
The collapsed LIPA needs a new boss. Are former heads of IBM, Nassau County and the CIA candidates?
- Cisco's 1Q Results Show Robust Demand For Internet Gear
November 13 2012 4:22 PM
Cisco Systems (Nasdaq: CSCO), the No. 1 maker of Internet switches and routers, reported first-quarter results that modestly beat estimates.