Articles by David Zielenziger
- Why Is Long Island In The Dark? Because We Didn't Plan For It
November 05 2012 3:44 PM
How could Superstorm Sandy have plunged 90 percent of us into the dark, displaced thousands and caused misery: complacency.
- Latest Facebook Insider To Cash In Is Sandberg
November 05 2012 12:18 PM
Sheryl Sandberg, COO and director of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), joined the parade of insiders who have cashed in on the company's public status.
- Netflix Votes 'Poison Pill' To Thwart Icahn Takeover
November 05 2012 10:22 AM
Netflix Inc. (NFLX) shares rose slightly after the company adopted a “poison pill” to battle activist investor Carl Icahn.
- Technology Sector Benefits From Obama's Record And Promise
November 04 2012 10:08 AM
There's little doubt the technology sector would be better off if Barack Obama is re-elected as President and Joe Biden as Vice President.
- Active Network Loses Nearly Half Value On Forecast
November 02 2012 4:19 PM
Shares of the Active Network Inc. (NYSE: ACTV), one of the biggest websites for registrants in events such as marathons and Little Leagues, plunged.
- Sharp, Big Apple LCD Supplier, Warns Of Survival
November 02 2012 1:39 PM
Japan's Sharp Corp. (Tokyo: 6753), a major supplier to Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL), warned of “material doubt” it can survive as a public company.
- Does Icahn Really Want To Take Control Of Netflix?
November 01 2012 4:29 PM
Shares of Netflix Inc. (NFLX) eased slightly Thursday, a day after activist investor Carl Icahn disclosed he had acquired a near-10 percent stake.
- Economic Damage From Sandy Between $30B And $50B
November 01 2012 2:19 PM
Total economic damage from Superstorm Sandy could reach $50 billion, Eqecat forecasters said.
- RedPrairie Will Buy JDA Software To Challenge Oracle In Supply Chain Sector
November 01 2012 1:16 PM
Private RedPrairie will acquire JDA Software (Nasdaq: JDAS) to battle Oracle (Nasdaq: ORCL), SAP (NYSE: SAP).
- New IBM Nanotube Breakthrough Could Benefit All Chipmakers
October 29 2012 12:42 PM
International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE: IBM) reported a breakthrough using carbon nanotubes that could overcome current roadblocks in the chip sector.
- How Do They Know? Catastrophe Planners Plot Sandy
October 29 2012 11:14 AM
Meteoreologists using the fastest supercomputers, software and satellites track Hurricane Sandy trying to forecast danger and damage.
- 5 Things To Know From Tech Earnings In The Third Quarter
October 28 2012 10:12 AM
Five keys to technology earnings: the strongest thrive, cash is king, get customers to use products more, look behind scenes.
- US Companies Still Firing As Earnings Grow
October 27 2012 12:44 PM
U.S. companies announced thousands of layoffs last week, including many on Friday, despite economic growth.
- Citigroup Gets $2M Fine For Facebook IPO Behavior From Mass. Regulator
October 26 2012 10:58 AM
Citigroup (NYSE: C), the No. 3 U.S. bank, was fined $2 million by Massachusetts over its participation in Facebook’s (Nasdaq: FB) $17 billion IPO in May.
- Amazon.com Results Miss Estimates, Issues 4Q Forecast Slightly Below Calls
October 25 2012 4:44 PM
- iPhone - Moneyspinner For AT&T, Verizon And Sprint
October 25 2012 4:14 PM
The iPhone from Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), may be just what the doctor ordered for the Big 3 mobile carriers: a proven moneymaker.
- Yahoo CEO May Update Home Page In Strategy Reboot
October 25 2012 2:39 PM
CEO Mayer, while she wasn’t asked about a revision, said Yahoo “hasn’t been completely consistent ... in terms of our overall site design.”
- Yahoo Buys App Developer Stamped In Mayer's First Deal
October 25 2012 1:54 PM
Yahoo (Nasdaq: YHOO) said it has acquired Stamped, a private developer of apps that permit users to record and share recommendations.
- Acquia Launches New Cloud Media Manager For Enterprises
October 25 2012 9:53 AM
Acquia announced a cloud-based service, Acquia Media Cloud, a rich-media and collaboration platform for Drupal users.
- Sprint's Subscriber Base Remains 56M
October 25 2012 9:13 AM
Sprint-Nextel Corp. reported a third-quarter loss below estimates but also said it had lost about 456,000 mobile subscribers.