- Amazon.com Adding Kindle Fires To Tap iPad Mania, For Less
October 25 2012 6:43 AM
Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq: AMZN), is expected to report a loss, in large part due to its effort to build momentum for its line of Kindle Fire tablets.
- Sprint's Likely To Post Another Loss But SoftBank's Now A Partner
October 24 2012 3:41 PM
Sprint-Nextel (NYSE: S) will report a third-quarter loss but investors await subscriber numbers and comment about SoftBank's acquisition bid.
- Facebook Shares Soar On Earnings Beat, Analyst Upgrades
October 24 2012 9:39 AM
Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB) rose 24 percent Wednesday after the company reported third-quarter results that exceeded estimates.
- AT&T Sold 6.1 Million Smartphones In 3Q - Boosting Earnings
October 24 2012 8:57 AM
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T), the No. 1 telecommunications carrier, reported third-quarter net income that narrowly exceeded estimates.
- AT&T's 3Q: Flat Earnings, But What About Sprint Takeover?
October 23 2012 7:14 PM
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) reports third-quarter results Wednesday which are generally expected to be about flat with last year’s.
- Facebook 3Q Operating Profit Beats Estimates By A Penny
October 23 2012 4:33 PM
Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), reported a third-quarter net loss of $59 million as revenue rose 32 percent to $1.26 billion.
- Yahoo Shares Defy Market Plunge On Mayer's Outlook
October 23 2012 12:25 PM
Shares of Yahoo (Nasdaq: YHOO) rose despite Tuesday’s plunge after CEO Marissa Mayer said she was optimistic the company would succeed in mobile.
- ARM Holdings Net Jumps 28% But Warns 4Q Could Ease
October 23 2012 11:13 AM
Britain’s ARM Holdings (Nasdaq; ARMH), whose chips are in most mobile products from Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), warned the fourth quarter might not be as robust as in past years.
- Facebook Expected To Post First Profit As Public Company
October 23 2012 6:48 AM
Facebook (Nasdaq: FB) is expected to report its first profit as a public company and may hint at ways to keep growing.
- Texas Instruments 3Q Income Rises, Sees 'Weakness'
October 22 2012 5:00 PM
Texas Instruments Inc. (Nasdaq: TXN), the No. 2 U.S. chipmaker, reported better-than-expected third quarter net income that rose 30 percent.
- Yahoo's 3Q Net Boosted By Selling Chinese Online Stake
October 22 2012 4:38 PM
Yahoo (Nasdaq: YHOO)'s third-quarter net income blasted past estimates because of extraordinary gains from selling its investment in China’s Alibaba Group.
- Compete Joins Google, FaceB In Privacy Consent Decree
October 22 2012 3:05 PM
Compete, the Boston-based web analytics company, is the latest Internet company to settle abuse of privacy charges with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
- Yahoo Financials: New Boss's Strategy May Be Crucial Issue
October 22 2012 11:39 AM
When Yahoo (Nasdaq: YHOO) reports third-quarter results Monday, investors may be looking more for clues to CEO Marissa Mayer’s strategy.
- Texas Instruments: Eyes Good Car Sales, Could Exit Wireless
October 22 2012 6:12 AM
Texas Instruments (Nasdaq: TXN) reports third-quarter results Monday. It's an indicator for Detroit as well as electronics.
- Windows 8 Is Here: Can It Save Microsoft?
October 21 2012 9:46 AM
This week, Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) finally ships Windows 8, the OS the company claims is its biggest product in 17 years.
- Can Google Recover After Big 3Q Earnings Miss?
October 19 2012 11:45 AM
Shares of Google (Nasdaq: GOOG) would have plunged 10 percent Friday, anyway. With the bad news out, can they recover?
- 80M BlackBerry Users Are Proud, CEO Says
October 19 2012 9:10 AM
Research in Motion (Nasdaq: RIMM) CEO Thorsten Heins defended the BlackBerry after the New York Times published a story citing user “dissatisfaction."
- Microsoft 1Q Is Latest Tech Earnings Miss
October 18 2012 4:27 PM
Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT reported first-quarter net income fell 22 percent as PC sales lagged and customers awaited Windows 8.
- Google Pre-Releases Bad 3Q Results In Filing Error
October 18 2012 1:41 PM
Google (Nasdaq: GOOG) reported poor third-quarter results ahead of their planned release time.
- Verizon Wireless Adds 1.7M Subscribers
October 18 2012 12:04 PM
The Verizon Wireless unit of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) added 1.7 million customers in the third quarter for a record 95.7 million.