Articles by David Zielenziger
- Sprint Takes Control Of Clearwire In SoftBank Deal
October 18 2012 9:20 AM
Sprint-Nextel (NYSE: S) took control of Clearwire (Nasdaq: CLWR) adding more spectrum for high-speed communications.
- Google’s 3Q Earnings: Huge Profit From Eyeballs
October 18 2012 7:00 AM
When Google (Nasdaq: GOOG) reports third-quarter results Thursday, it’s likely to prove once again that eyeballs are money.
- IBM Adds To Cybersecurity Toolkit
October 18 2012 6:58 AM
IBM (NYSE: IBM) bolstered its security software lines with more sophisticated products.
- IBM Shares Fall 6% Despite Beating Earnings Calls
October 17 2012 2:17 PM
Shares of IBM (NYSE: IBM) fell 6 percent Wednesday despite reporting better-than-expected third-quarter earnings.
- Foxconn's Labor Woes AffectingTop Brands Other Than Apple
October 17 2012 12:20 PM
Top global electronics brands Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) Nokia, Google and Amazon share a common problem: they're customers of Taiwan’s Foxconn.
- Intel Counting On Windows 8 For Big Stimulus
October 17 2012 9:35 AM
Intel (Nasdaq: INTC) will slow production pending shipment of Windows 8 by Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT).
- IBM, Intel Results Both Beat Expectations
October 16 2012 4:38 PM
IBM reiterates bullish fourth-quarter forecast, while Intel's is more moderate.
- Peters Becomes 2nd IBM Chief Privacy Officer
October 16 2012 2:58 PM
International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE: IBM) appointed Christina Peters, a lawyer, as its second chief privacy officer.
- Intel's Financials May Be Poor But News Could Be The Outlook
October 16 2012 10:57 AM
Third-quarter net income for Intel (Nasdaq: INTC) should decline, but the fourth-quarter forecast may be the news.
- Will IBM Beat 3Q Earnings Expectations?
October 16 2012 6:12 AM
International Business Machines (NYSE: IBM) is expected to report lower third-quarter revenue, but earnings should rise at least 5%.
- Workday Shares Keep Jumping In Day 2 Post-IPO
October 15 2012 2:36 PM
Shares of Workday (NYSE: WDAY) the human-resources software company launched by PeopleSoft founder Dave Duffield, jumped another 9 percent from their Friday close.
- Amazon Eyeing Wireless Chips For Smartphone?
October 15 2012 12:46 PM
Could Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq: AMZN), be on the prowl for a unit of Texas Instruments Inc. (Nasdaq: TXN)?
- Sprint Gets Bailout From Japan's SoftBank
October 15 2012 8:52 AM
Softbank (Tokyo: 9984) announced its bid to acquire 70 percent of Sprint-Nextel Corp. (NYSE: S).
- As Networks Intertwine, Companies May Create Bigger Targets
October 14 2012 9:40 AM
Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta warned of a possible “cyber-Pearl Harbor,” but ever-bigger networks provide targets.
- Workday IPO Surge May End Facebook IPO Jinx
October 12 2012 11:07 AM
Shares of Workday (NYSE: WDAY) the software company launched by PeopleSoft founder Dave Duffield, soared 70 percent.
- Japanese Investors Dump Softbank Shares
October 12 2012 9:21 AM
Shares of Softbank (Tokyo: 9984) fell 20 percent Friday on reports of the takeover of Sprint-Nextel (NYSE: S)
- PC Domination Ending: Tablet-Ultramobile Era Here?
October 12 2012 5:59 AM
Watching financial announcements from big companies in the PC sector resembles a jalopy falling apart. Is the tablet age here?
- Realogy Vaults 30% In IPO Debut
October 11 2012 12:43 PM
Shares of Realogy Holdings Corp. (Nasdaq: RLGY) vaulted nearly 30 percent after its $1.09 billion initial public offering.
- Why Would Softbank Eye Sprint? 5 Reasons
October 11 2012 11:17 AM
Shares of Sprint-Nextel Corp. (NYSE: S) soared on Softbank takeover reports. Here's why they'd make a deal.
- Intel's Low Price: Future Earnings Disappointments?
October 11 2012 7:16 AM
What’s wrong with Intel (Nasdaq: INTC)? Wednesday it set still another 52-week low of $21.76, down 25% from its high.