Articles by David Zielenziger
- Microsoft Finishing Major Security Patch Releases Vs. Malware, Break-ins
February 08 2013 11:25 AM
Microsoft Corp. (NASDAQ:MSFT) is completing one of its biggest-ever security updates to respond to major threats to its browser and users of Office products.
- BlackBerry Elects Ex-Verizon, Ericsson Execs To Board Of Directors
February 08 2013 10:20 AM
BlackBerry Inc. elected two mobile industry executives as directors as it continues its year-long shake-up to regain market share and profit.
- Apple 'Welcomes' Einhorn's Idea On Cash Piles But Firm On Bylaw Change
February 07 2013 4:37 PM
Apple responded to a challenge by Greenlight Capital, saying it would consider plans to “enhance shareholder value,” which could include issuing preferred shares.
- SoftBank Starts $250M Venture Fund For 'Growth' Cos
February 07 2013 4:04 PM
Japan’s SoftBank Corp. (TYO:9984) said it had raised $250 million for a venture capital fund to invest in companies that have already gotten off the ground.
- Apple's Cash Pile: Sitting Duck For Activist Investors Like Einhorn
February 07 2013 3:16 PM
The challenge faced by Apple from David Einhorn differs from earlier battles over Yahoo and AOL.
- Einhorn Mounts Apple Proxy Fight Over Big Cash Pile
February 07 2013 12:28 PM
Activist David Einhorn’s Greenlight Capital will challenge Apple over its $137.1 million cash pile by voting against a shareholder proposal.
- Sprint's Loss Pared As iPhone Users Boost Revenue
February 07 2013 10:41 AM
Sprint-Nextel Corp. (NYSE:S) reported fourth-quarter results better than forecast due to strong iPhone, smartphone sales.
- GE's Proficy Vision Software To Handle 'Big Data' Vs. Oracle, IBM, In Automation
February 07 2013 5:56 AM
General Electric Co. (NYSE:GE) rolled out the Proficy Vision software platform, which manages so-called “big data” with structured data.
- Does Dell's Deal Signal Others Going Private?
February 06 2013 4:00 PM
Now that Dell (NASDAQ:DELL) has announced its $24.4 billion leveraged buyout, the fifth-largest ever, are more tech buyouts ahead?
- Obama Picks REI's Jewell As Secretary Of Interior
February 06 2013 2:02 PM
President Barack Obama will nominate Sally Jewell, CEO of Recreational Equipment Inc., to be his second secretary of the interior.
- Sprint Expected To Post Bigger 4Q Loss As SoftBank Takeover Nears
February 06 2013 12:00 PM
Sprint-Nextel (NYSE:S) will report another fourth-quarter loss Wednesday as investors await news on the SoftBank Corp. (TYO:9984) merger.
- BlackBerry Gains More Than $500M In Value In 2nd Surge
February 05 2013 5:11 PM
BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) gained another $537 million in market value Tuesday as it started shipping the new Z10 units in Canada.
- Little PC Sector Impact Seen From Dell Buyout
February 05 2013 4:02 PM
Tablets are already changing the PC sector, so Dell going private may not have much impact overall.
- For $24.4 Billion, Who Else Might Want To Take Over Dell?
February 05 2013 12:42 PM
As the 45-day clock starts ticking on the deal for Dell (NASDAQ:DELL), is there another company that might step up to offer more?
- Why Did Dell Sell His Baby To Silver Lake? To Buy Time
February 05 2013 11:35 AM
Unless a higher bid emerges, Dell will soon become a private company, managed by Michael Dell and Silver Lake Partners. Why?
- Dell Sets Deal To Go Private - Could Be Topped By A Rival
February 05 2013 10:07 AM
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ:DELL) said it will be acquired by CEO Michael S. Dell and Silver Lake Partners in a $24.4 billion private deal in technology.
- IBM Selling Low-Cost Servers, Analytics, Cloud Access In Global Small Business Campaign
February 05 2013 5:44 AM
IBM has introduced a new series of low-cost, powerful computer servers that provide sophisticated analytics to small business.
- Dell Remains Mum On $23 Billion Buyout Deal From Silver Lake
February 04 2013 4:03 PM
Dell Inc., the No. 3 PC maker, remained mum on reports it was close to completing a leveraged buyout with Silver Lake Partners.
- Becoming BlackBerry Worth $1B For RIM
February 04 2013 12:56 PM
BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY), the developer of the new Z10 and Q10, saw its shares rocket 12 percent by changing its name.
- Oracle Springs For Acme Packet As IBM Buys Star Analytics in 'Big Data' Rush
February 04 2013 11:23 AM
Oracle Corp. said it will acquire Acme Packet, and IBM bought private Star Analytics.