- Hackers Hit The Media In New Cyberwar Front
February 03 2013 10:10 AM
By failing to focus on cybersecurity, the U.S. Senate Armed Services Committee botched its hearing on Chuck Hagel as defense secretary.
- Samsung's Gains Helped End Apple's Majority Control Of Tablet Market
February 01 2013 2:59 PM
Apple's tablet market share fell to 43.6 percent from 51.7 percent, but it still shipped a record 22.9 million iPads and iPad minis.
- IBM, HP Announce New Security Software For 'Big Data' Users
February 01 2013 12:17 PM
International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM) introduced security software intended to detect “stealthy threats” that penetrate systems of “big data” providers
- Mayor Ed Koch Saved City With Only-in-New York Style
February 01 2013 9:30 AM
Although former New York Mayor Edward I. Koch left his City Hall office in 1990, he never left the public spotlight.
- Digital Realty Trust Sees Earnings Rising As Cloud Renters Require Space
February 01 2013 7:17 AM
Digutal Realty Trust (NYSE:DLR), a unique REIT for the computer business, is benefiting from the cloud boom, its CEO said.
- Will RIM Prosper Changing Its Name To BlackBerry?
January 31 2013 12:55 PM
When Research in Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM) introduced the BlackBerry 10, it also announced a name change. A mistake?
- IBM Donates 'Watson' Supercomputer To Rensselaer Polytechnic - 1st Academic Use
January 31 2013 11:03 AM
Watson from International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM) that already has been fed most of the world’s knowledge, is going to RPI.
- Facebook 4Q Net Income Beats Street, Mobile Ad Revenue Jumps
January 30 2013 4:32 PM
Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) reported fourth-quarter results that exceeded analyst expectations as revenue jumped 40 percent.
- Amazon's 4Q Shows It's Turbocharged For Fast Growth
January 30 2013 12:33 PM
Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN), the No. 1 e-retailer, demonstrated it's creating a 21st-century hybrid of technology and retailing.
- RIM's BlackBerry 10 Ready In Bet-The-Company Strategy
January 30 2013 9:19 AM
After two years of waiting, a shakeup and near collapse, Research in Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM) finally unveiled the BlackBerry 10 on Wednesday.
- How Did Facebook Handle 4Q Ads And Gifts?
January 29 2013 3:58 PM
A year ago this week, Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) filed its IPO. Now, for the first time, the company will report fourth-quarter results.
- With Amazon's 4Q Earnings Report, Outlook Will Be The Key
January 29 2013 12:08 PM
When Amazon.com reports fourth-quarter results later Tuesday, investors expect the company will return to profitable operations.
- IBM Expands Cloud, ‘Big Data’ Services With SAP For Global Service
January 29 2013 5:59 AM
International Business Machines will partner with Germany’s SAP in a new global service for the cloud and “big data."
- Yahoo 4Q Earnings Per Share Beat Estimate Largely On Alibaba
January 28 2013 4:38 PM
Yahoo (NASDAQ:YHOO), the No. 3 search engine, said fourth-quarter earnings breezed past analyst estimates mainly due to sales of shares in China’s Alibaba Group.
- Pentagon Planning Huge Manpower Boost To Fight Cyberattacks
January 28 2013 12:46 PM
The military will boost the force assigned to fighting cyberattacks to 4,900 from only 900 now.
- Yahoo 4Q Earnings Preview - Is CEO Mayer Moving Fast Enough?
January 28 2013 11:37 AM
When Yahoo reports fourth-quarter results late Mon., investors expect an improvement but wonder if the new CEO is doing enough.
- Is Apple Fated To Follow In Walt Disney's Footsteps?
January 27 2013 10:26 AM
Last week’s shareholder assassination of Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) raises the question: Is it another Walt Disney Co. (NYSE:DIS)?
- Labor Conditions In China Still Need To Improve: Apple
January 25 2013 2:30 PM
Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL), said its year-old commitment to improving conditions for workers at Chinese contract manufacturers has seen results.
- Apple Loses 'Most Valuable Company' Crown To Exxon Mobil
January 25 2013 12:18 PM
The two-day plunge in shares of Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL), the most valuable technology company, has cost it the title of world’s most valuable company.
- Cisco Sells Linksys, Buys Intucell To Spearhead Software Strategy
January 25 2013 11:35 AM
Cisco Systems (NASDAQ:CSCO) will sell its consumer Linksys line, which makes home WiFi routers, to private Belkin International, a competitor.