Articles by David Zielenziger
- Nokia Profitable, But Scraps Dividend
January 25 2013 5:55 AM
Nokia Oyj (NYSE:NOK), the one-time king of the smartphone market, has finally returned to profit, the company reported.
- Microsoft 2Q Earnings Down But Beat Estimates By A Penny
January 24 2013 5:02 PM
Microsoft Corp. reported second quarter results that beat estimates by a penny but still fell from a year earlier due to the slump in PCs.
- Facebook's Zuckerberg To Host Christie Fundraiser
January 24 2013 2:25 PM
Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook (NASDAQ:FB), the No. 1 social networking website, plans to host Gov. Chris Christie at a fundraiser.
- Apple Investors Concerned Steve Jobs' Idea Factory Is Losing Steam
January 24 2013 12:02 PM
Shares of Apple fell as much as 12.4% in Thursday trading, erasing more than $50 billion in its market value.
- Amazon Acquires Ivona To Battle Apple in Voice Recognition
January 24 2013 9:53 AM
Amazon.com Inc. said it has acquired Polish voice-recognition specialist Ivona Software to improve its Kindle Fire tablets.
- Apple’s 2Q Earnings Beat Estimates On Stronger Sales
January 23 2013 4:47 PM
Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) reported second-quarter earnings that beat estimates due to solid demand for new products including iPhone 5.
- Why Would Microsoft Invest In A Dell Buyout?
January 23 2013 2:54 PM
Why would Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) invest in a buyout of Dell (NASDAQ:DELL)? Better return plus customer support.
- Samsung Overtook Apple As No. 1 Chip Buyer In 2012
January 23 2013 12:17 PM
The world’s biggest semiconductor buyer in 2012 was Samsung Electronics (KRX:005930), which bypassed Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL), Gartner said.
- Intel Easing Out Of Motherboard Assembly
January 23 2013 10:53 AM
Intel Corp. (NASDAQ:INTC) will phase out units that assemble the motherboards for PCs for some customers to focus more on mobile.
- AT&T 4Q Earnings Preview: Profits To Rise As Wireless Keeps Gaining
January 23 2013 5:53 AM
AT&T is expected to report substantially higher fourth-quarter earnings despite slightly lower revenue, due to wireless sector gains.
- Microsoft Earnings To Drop Despite Windows 8
January 22 2013 2:20 PM
A late shipment of Windows 8, the decline in global PC sales and ho-hum demand for its Surface tablets is expected to weigh on results.
- Google Chairman's Daughter Recounts 'Weirdness' Of North Korea
January 22 2013 11:54 AM
Now home in California, Sophie Schmidt published some notes on North Korea under a headline, “It might not get weirder than this.”
- Verizon 4Q Hurt By Sandy, But Wireless Thrived
January 22 2013 9:15 AM
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ), the No. 2 carrier, as expected, reported that its fourth-quarter loss doubled due to charges for Superstorm Sandy.
- Google's Earnings Juggernaut Probably Continued In 4Q
January 21 2013 2:59 PM
Google, the No. 1 search engine, is expected to report that its earnings and revenue juggernaut kept rolling through the fourth quarter.
- IBM's 4Q Earnings May Rise 6.5%, As Revenue Eases
January 21 2013 12:32 PM
Despite flat software/services revenue, IBM’s performance will look like a sleek engine running in a tech sector buffeted by easing demand.
- Opera Solutions Says Health Exchanges Award 'Big Data' Win
January 21 2013 10:52 AM
A key test for “Big Data”? Opera Solutions’ new fraud detection system for health insurance exchanges established under Obamacare.
- Michael Dell: On Verge Of Titanic Mistake?
January 20 2013 9:57 AM
The decision to take Dell Inc. private will ultimately be made by one person: Michael S. Dell. Does he want to be a financial engineer?
- Intel's Comeback: 3 Keys For Recovery Of No. 1 Chipmaker
January 18 2013 12:18 PM
Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) reported a dismal quarter but it has strengths to regain ground quickly based on in-house skills.
- US Venture Capital Investments Dipped 10% Last Year
January 18 2013 10:01 AM
Investment by U.S. venture capitalists fell 10 percent overall last year to only $26.5 billion, the worst performance in three years.
- Intel 4Q Income Dipped 27%, Sees Slow Growth Ahead
January 17 2013 4:17 PM
Intel Corp. (NASDAQ:INTC) reported fourth-quarter net income dipped 27 percent -- the worst report in the past four years.