Articles by David Zielenziger
- Hackers Hit The Media In New Cyberwar Front
February 03 2013 10:10 AM
By failing to focus on cybersecurity, the U.S. Senate Armed Services Committee botched its hearing on Chuck Hagel as defense secretary.
- Samsung's Gains Helped End Apple's Majority Control Of Tablet Market
February 01 2013 2:59 PM
Apple's tablet market share fell to 43.6 percent from 51.7 percent, but it still shipped a record 22.9 million iPads and iPad minis.
- IBM, HP Announce New Security Software For 'Big Data' Users
February 01 2013 12:17 PM
International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM) introduced security software intended to detect “stealthy threats” that penetrate systems of “big data” providers
- Mayor Ed Koch Saved City With Only-in-New York Style
February 01 2013 9:30 AM
Although former New York Mayor Edward I. Koch left his City Hall office in 1990, he never left the public spotlight.
- Digital Realty Trust Sees Earnings Rising As Cloud Renters Require Space
February 01 2013 7:17 AM
Digutal Realty Trust (NYSE:DLR), a unique REIT for the computer business, is benefiting from the cloud boom, its CEO said.
- Will RIM Prosper Changing Its Name To BlackBerry?
January 31 2013 12:55 PM
When Research in Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM) introduced the BlackBerry 10, it also announced a name change. A mistake?
- IBM Donates 'Watson' Supercomputer To Rensselaer Polytechnic - 1st Academic Use
January 31 2013 11:03 AM
Watson from International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM) that already has been fed most of the world’s knowledge, is going to RPI.
- Facebook 4Q Net Income Beats Street, Mobile Ad Revenue Jumps
January 30 2013 4:32 PM
Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) reported fourth-quarter results that exceeded analyst expectations as revenue jumped 40 percent.
- Amazon's 4Q Shows It's Turbocharged For Fast Growth
January 30 2013 12:33 PM
Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN), the No. 1 e-retailer, demonstrated it's creating a 21st-century hybrid of technology and retailing.
- RIM's BlackBerry 10 Ready In Bet-The-Company Strategy
January 30 2013 9:19 AM
After two years of waiting, a shakeup and near collapse, Research in Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM) finally unveiled the BlackBerry 10 on Wednesday.
- How Did Facebook Handle 4Q Ads And Gifts?
January 29 2013 3:58 PM
A year ago this week, Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) filed its IPO. Now, for the first time, the company will report fourth-quarter results.
- With Amazon's 4Q Earnings Report, Outlook Will Be The Key
January 29 2013 12:08 PM
When Amazon.com reports fourth-quarter results later Tuesday, investors expect the company will return to profitable operations.