Articles by David Zielenziger
- SurveyMonkey Raises Private Capital, Bypasses IPO
January 17 2013 12:56 PM
SurveyMonkey, the online consumer experience company run by David Goldberg, spouse of Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) COO Sheryl Sandberg, has raised $800 million.
- Silver Lake, Dell's Suitor, Boasts Tech Talent
January 17 2013 10:54 AM
Silver Lake Partners, likely buyer of Dell (NASDAQ:DELL), has some deeply experienced tech executives. Here are some.
- Salazar Steps Down As Interior Secretary
January 16 2013 4:41 PM
Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar announced he’d retire in two months to return to private life in Colorado.
- Calling Michael Dell: Can You Be The Boss If You Give Up Control?
January 16 2013 3:05 PM
Should Dell go private? Here's a checklist for the CEO, who may not want to cede control of the company he's nurtured for 29 years.
- PC Sales May Rise Only 3.2% In '13, Bringing Slow Growth To Intel, Rivals
January 16 2013 11:42 AM
After a mediocre year for PCs in 2012, prospects for 2013 are only slightly better, said influential market forecaster IDC.
- Dell's Private Equity Buyout Could Be Close
January 15 2013 4:46 PM
Silver Lake Partners and four major banls are in “an advanced stage” to finance a $19 billion leveraged buyout of Dell (NASDAQ: DELL), Reuters reported.
- Apple's Lost $200B In Value Since Its Peak: Is Decline Inevitable?
January 15 2013 3:42 PM
Nobody's neutral on Apple as the share price continues to swoon, erasing nearly all its gains of 2012.
- Intel, Dell, SAP Announce New Retail Services At Annual Showcase
January 15 2013 12:13 PM
More technology leaders introduced products for the $2.5 trillion U.S. retail sector at the National Retail Federation show.
- Oracle Issues Java Patch But Homeland Security Warns Openings Remain
January 15 2013 9:58 AM
Despite a software pitch for Java software released by Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), the Department of Homeland Security warned threats remain.
- Intel’s 4Q Earnings Preview: Are Its Best Days Gone Forever?
January 15 2013 6:10 AM
Times were Intel Corp. (NASDAQ:INTC) could do no wrong, as sales and earnings grew and grew. However, harder times have come.
- Dell Going Private? Report Could Add Billions To Unhappy Shareholders
January 14 2013 3:29 PM
A report that Dell (NASDAQ: DELL), the No. 3 PC maker, might be considering a management buyout sent its shares surging 18 percent Monday.
- Tech Titans Roll Out New Retail Apps For Stores
January 14 2013 3:04 PM
Leading tech firms introduced new products at the National Retail Federation’s annual trade show, showing how crucial the sector remains.
- HP's Whitman Got $15.5M Deal Despite Record $12.7B Loss
January 14 2013 12:13 PM
Hewlett-Packard Co. (NYSE:HPQ) awarded CEO Meg Whitman total compensation of $15.36 million last year despite reporting a record loss.
- Gartner: Global PC Sales Dipped 3.5% In Mobile Shift
January 14 2013 10:44 AM
Gartner (NYSE:IT) said global PC sales eased 3.5 percent in 2012 to only 352.7 million units as consumers shifted to tablets.
- IBM Tops Patent List For 2012 - One Dominated By Foreign Inventors
January 13 2013 9:54 AM
IBM may have won the most patents in 2012, but U.S. companies are losing the innovation war to Asia.
- FireEye Doubles Investment To $101M For Cybersecurity Products
January 11 2013 12:28 PM
FireEye, the cybersecurity company run by veteran executive Dave DeWalt, raised $50 million, bringing the total to $101 million.
- Xerox CFO Maestri To Be Apple's Corporate Controller
January 11 2013 9:58 AM
Xerox Corp. (NYSE:XRX) said Luca Maestri, its CFO, quit to become corporate controller at Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL).
- FCC Wi-Fi Auction, Clearwire War, Prove Spectrum Is Key
January 11 2013 5:41 AM
The FCC's plans to unleash Wi-Fi spectrum, plus the $5 billion tussle for Clearwire (NASDAQ: CLWR), show spectrum is valuable.
- Google Chairman Schmidt Goes To North Korea But Strategy Unsure
January 10 2013 3:13 PM
Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) Chairman Eric Schmidt is out of North Korea after paying a four-day visit to the Hermit Kingdom.
- Big Blue Shines - IBM Tops Patent List, Continuing 20-Year Dominance
January 10 2013 11:07 AM
No surprise: International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM) received 6,478 patents in 2012, continuing its 20-year domination of the field.