- Samsung 4Q Profit Set Record
January 09 2013 4:01 PM
Samsung Electronics Co. (KSX:005930) announced that its fourth-quarter operating profit surged 89 percent to 8.8 trillion won (US $8.3 billion), a new record.
- Without Facebook, Investment Bankers See Better Year For IPOs
January 09 2013 1:20 PM
Initial public offerings could raise as much as $34 billion in U.S. markets and more than $100 billion worldwide, experts said.
- Dish Bids For Clearwire After Sprint Took Control
January 09 2013 9:03 AM
A surprise bid for Clearwire (NASDAQ:CLWR) by Dish Networks (NASDAQ:DISH) could upset plans by Sprint-Nextel Corp. (NYSE:S) to buy it.
- Qualcomm Ascending: Company Could Outpace Intel To Be No. 1
January 09 2013 5:47 AM
The market value of Qualcomm Inc., the No. 1 designer of mobile chips, exceeds that of Intel. That's no mistake.
- $3.7T Tech Spending Seen In '13, Led By Cloud
January 08 2013 3:14 PM
Technology spending should rise 5.6 percent to $3.7 trillion, Gartner (NYSE:IT) predicted, with strongest gains coming from cloud technologies.
- IBM Sets ‘Smart Home’ Links To STMicroelectronics, Shaspa Research
January 08 2013 11:52 AM
International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM) announced a deal with STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) and Shaspa for "smart homes."
- Verizon Plans $10B Charge
January 08 2013 9:35 AM
Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) expects a $10 billion charge for Hurricane Sandy damage and other reasons, CEO Lowell McAdam said.
- IBM's Services Unit Getting Two Heads, Reflecting Its Importance
January 07 2013 2:51 PM
When the boss of International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE: IBM) services retires soon, the CEO determined two heads are better.
- Google's Schmidt In N. Korea For 'Humanitarian' Visit
January 07 2013 11:46 AM
Eric Schmidt, executive chairman of Google (NASDAQ: GOOG), arrived in North Korea with former U.N. Ambassador Bill Richardson.
- 2013 Global Electronics Sales Could Top $1.1T
January 07 2013 9:41 AM
Global sales of consumer electronics may rise about 4 percent in 2013 to $1.11 trillion, the Consumer Electronics Association estimated.
- Google Got A Big Break From The Federal Trade Commission
January 06 2013 10:42 AM
Google Inc. got a New Year's gift when the Federal Trade Commission dropped its probe into anti-competitive practices, using a new rationale.
- Could Hewlett-Packard Be Split In Half, Successfully?
January 04 2013 4:37 PM
The Hewlett-Packard Co. told the Securities and Exchange Commission in a filing it is evaluating asset sales. Could it split apart?
- Consumers Snapped Up 103M 4G LTE Devices
January 04 2013 12:40 PM
Shipments of mobile devices designed for 4G LTE networks rose to a record 103 million in 2012, market research ABI Research estimated.
- Asustek Plans Ultralight Laptops With Leap Motion
January 04 2013 11:51 AM
Leap Motion, which developed wireless controllers that allow smart platforms to read motions, will sell it in Asustek's platforms.
- Google Settles FTC Probe Without Fine, Promises To Change
January 03 2013 1:49 PM
Google (NASDAQ: GOOG) settled charges with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission by agreeing to changes in search and patent rights.
- FTC May Announce Google Settlement Thursday
January 03 2013 12:26 PM
Google is likely to settle charges with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission Thursday.
- 'App Store' Name Is Generic, Not Fraud, Federal Judge Rules
January 03 2013 11:12 AM
A federal judge in California threw out a fraud claim by Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) that Amazon.com (NASDAQ:AMZN) infringed upon the name App Store.
- N.Y. Sues Qualcomm For Political Donor Lists
January 03 2013 9:36 AM
New York State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli sued Qualcomm (NASDAQ:QCOM), the top developer of mobile chips, seeking information about political donations.
- FTC May Bring Google Case Ahead Of Schmidt Trip To N. Korea
January 02 2013 5:12 PM
Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) may face charges of anticompetitive practices brought by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission this week.
- Federal Judge Sets Hearing In Facebook Shareholder Lawsuit
January 02 2013 4:49 PM
A judge set Jan. 23 for a pretrial conference on the class-action lawsuit against Facebook.