- Adobe Buys Behance To Bolster Creative Cloud Links
December 21 2012 1:00 PM
Adobe Systems Inc. (NASDAQ), the No. 1 designer of publishing software, said it plans to acquire Behance, a private imaging site.
- RIM's Good Earnings Eclipsed By Data Pricing Concerns
December 21 2012 10:27 AM
Research in Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM) undermined its good earnings report by suggesting changes in its data plans.
- RIM's Results Far Better Than Forecasts
December 20 2012 4:36 PM
BlackBerry developer Research in Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM) reported better-than-expected third-quarter results.
- Microsoft Can't Find Enough Qualified Cloud Experts
December 20 2012 3:10 PM
Microsoft says there aren't enough professionals to meet the demand.
- Oracle Buys Eloqua In Cloud Push
December 20 2012 11:36 AM
Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL) said it plans to acquire Eloqua (NASDAQ:ELOQ), a developer of marketing products for the cloud.
- Can Arris Plus Google Now Battle Cisco In Cable TV Sector?
December 20 2012 10:35 AM
Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) agreed to sell its set-top box line to Arris Corp. (NASDAQ:ARRS). Will the two companies challenge Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO)?
- RIM's 3Q Report: What's Key To Know?
December 19 2012 2:49 PM
Research in Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM) reports third-quarter results Thursday. What's key to know about the BlackBerry maker?
- IBM Boosts 'Big Data' Push With StoredIQ Acquisition
December 19 2012 11:19 AM
IBM said it planned to acquire private StoredIQ to deepen its penetration of the market for “big data” products.
- Hedge Fund For Compuware, BMC Software?
December 19 2012 8:36 AM
Seven months after Elliott Management bid for BMC Software (NASDAQ:BMC), it bid for Compuware Corp. (NASDAQ:CPWR). Why?
- Oracle Says 2Q Earnings Rose 18% On License Gains
December 18 2012 4:30 PM
Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL) said second-quarter earnings blew past estimates.
- FTC Demands Data Brokers Detail How They Use Private Consumer Data
December 18 2012 12:34 PM
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission ordered nine of the largest information brokers to turn over details how they collect and maintain private data.
- New Press Freedom Site Raising Cash for Assange's WikiLeaks
December 18 2012 10:42 AM
A new website backed by Daniel Ellsberg and John Perry Barlow is raising funds for embattled WikiLeaks, Julian Assange's controversial site.
- Exablox Takes In $22M VC For Cloud Storage
December 18 2012 9:05 AM
Exablox, a start-up, has received $22 million in venture capital to battle Dropbox in cloud storage.
- Morgan Stanley Slapped With $5M Fine For Facebook IPO Conduct
December 17 2012 4:37 PM
Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS), lead underwriter of the $109 billion initial public offering of Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) was fined $5 million by Massachusetts regulators.
- Oracle 2Q Preview: In The Money
December 17 2012 2:48 PM
Before Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL) announces second-quarter results Tuesday, early indications are the profit machine is doing fine.
- IBM 'Identity Mixer' Could Solve Online Privacy Woes
December 17 2012 11:06 AM
A scientist at IBM (NYSE:IBM) in Zurich has devised Identity Mixer, which he believes can solve online privacy issues.
- Influitive Raises $7.3M To Build Out Ad Marketing Software
December 17 2012 8:00 AM
Influitive, the latest venture of Canadian entrepreneur Mark Organ, raised $7.3 million in new venture capital.
- Technology Focus: Five Tech Blunders During 2012
December 16 2012 9:35 AM
Fiorello LaGuardia once said, “When I make a mistake, it's a beaut.” Too bad he wasn't around to witness 2012's tech "beauts."
- Alcatel Borrows $2.1B: Will It Be Enough?
December 14 2012 12:00 PM
Alcatel-Lucent (NYSE:ALU), the No. 1 provider of telecommunications equipment, secured $2.09 billion in new loans intended to keep it going.
- Yahoo CEO Cleans House, Adds New Director, Boots 2 Others
December 13 2012 5:30 PM
Marissa Mayer, the new CEO of Yahoo Inc., added an e-commerce specialist to the board while ousting two others.