- RIM Priming Base For BlackBerry 10 With Ad Blitz
December 13 2012 3:13 PM
BlackBerry developer Research in Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM) lacks a new smartphone for holiday buying but its target markets are getting a multi-faceted marketing blitz.
- 10 Cyberhackers Busted In Global Facebook Scam
December 13 2012 12:16 PM
U.S. and international authorities arrested 10 cyberhackers allegedly involved in piracy of 11 million PCs and theft of $850 million.
- Sprint Wants To Buy Rest Of Clearwire To Speed 4G Buildout
December 13 2012 10:04 AM
Sprint-Nextel Corp. (NYSE:S), the No. 3 U.S. telecommunications carrier, will bid for the rest of Clearwire Corp. (NASDAQ:CLWR), for its 4G network.
- GE DCJ Process Could Speed Extend Tablet Battery Life
December 12 2012 4:47 PM
General Electric Co. (NYSE:GE), whose portfolio includes jet engines, has adapted a critical engine cooling process for use in consumer electronics.
- Panoroma9 Takes In $900K From Danish Investors
December 12 2012 3:16 PM
Startup Panorama9 raised $900,000 in new capital from investors who'd previously backed Zendesk, the IT cloud management platform.
- Microsoft Boosts Surface Shipments, Suggesting Good Demand
December 12 2012 12:52 PM
Is it a hit? Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) boosted production of its $499 Surface tablet, rival to the iPad from Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL).
- FCC Frees Satellite TV Providers For Mobile Service
December 12 2012 10:48 AM
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission allocated new spectrum for wireless transmissions, which should immediately benefit satellite TV companies.
- Fewer Than 250,000 Make All US Semiconductors, Trade Group Says
December 12 2012 7:44 AM
Semiconductors are everywhere, but fewer than 250,000 Americans are actually employed to make them, the Semiconductor Industry Association said.
- New Rebtel App Merges VoIP With Other Functions - App Sector Game-Changer?
December 11 2012 2:41 PM
Rebtel, a private Swedish provider of Voice-over-Internet-Protocol (VoIP), announced new software for developers to design new apps into smartphones.
- Texas Instruments Shares Jump On Higher Sales Forecast - Overall Chip Demand Mixed
December 11 2012 10:39 AM
Shares of Texas Instruments Inc. (NASDAQ:TXN) jumped 4% Tuesday after the No. 2 chipmaker issued a forecast for higher fourth-quarter revenue.
- Groupon Shares Give Back Half Of 'Google Takeover' Gain
December 10 2012 3:57 PM
Shares of e-commerce site Groupon Inc. (NASDAQ:GRPN) fell more than 10 percent Monday, giving back half their Friday gains.
- IBM's Nano-Optic Chip For 'Big Data' Near Shipment
December 10 2012 3:10 PM
Breakthrough research at International Business Machines has yielded chips that merge optics with electronics to speed “big data."
- Kodak Shares Jump 30% On Reports Patents Sold To Google, Apple Group
December 10 2012 11:48 AM
Shares of Eastman Kodak Co. (PINK:EKDKQ) rose 30 percent after reports it had sold 1,100 imaging patents to a syndicate headed by Google and Apple.
- Samsung Wallops Apple In 3Q Mobile Unit Sales
December 10 2012 10:22 AM
Samsung Electronics (KRX:005930) was the clear winner shipping “connected” devices in the third quarter, with a 22 percent share, IDC said.
- Cisco's Chambers Gambles On Software For Legacy
December 09 2012 10:06 AM
John T. Chambers has decided to base his legacy as CEO of Cisco Systems Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO) on the cloud, software, and services.
- Is A Bidder Seeking To Buy Groupon?
December 07 2012 4:45 PM
Shares of e-commerce site Groupon Inc. (NASDAQ:GRPN) soared 23 percent Friday on speculation the troubled shopping site might be acquired.
- Cisco Sets New Focus On Software, Services For Networks
December 07 2012 11:15 AM
Cisco will shift its focus to software and cloud-oriented technologies, CEO John Chambers said -- a tack that should boost growth.
- Google Could Net $2.5B In Cable Box Sale
December 07 2012 10:12 AM
Google (NASDAQ:GOOG), which bought the Motorola brand this year for $12.5 billion, may be near the sale of its cable TV unit.
- Garmin Shares Jump Ahead Of S&P 500 Inclusion
December 06 2012 4:11 PM
Shares of GPS specialist Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ:GRMN) rose 6 percent Thursday ahead of the company's inclusion in the Standard & Poor's 500 Index.
- Google Is Big Winner In '12 Cybershopping Gains: Expert
December 06 2012 2:41 PM
Google (NASDAQ:GOOG), the No. 1 search engine, seems to be the winner in 2012 cybershopping gains, said Eric Best, Mercent CEO.