- How Hard Is It To Pull An NFL Sponsorship?
September 16 2014 6:21 PM
Major sponsors have released statements condemning the NFL for its handling of domestic abuse incidents, but only one sponsor has cut ties.
- A Sad Ending To An Often Painful Life Story
September 04 2014 6:00 PM
“Nothing has ever come easily for me,” Joan Rivers once said. “My whole career has just been hard, hurting, little steps."
- The Group That Discovered The Sotloff Video
September 02 2014 3:22 PM
SITE Intelligence Group first discovered evidence that Steven Sotloff was beheaded by ISIS.
- 'Love Is Strange': My One And Only In New York
August 29 2014 2:33 PM
Ira Sach's "Love is Strange" follows a middle-class gay couple who pay a price for exercising their right to marry.
- ‘Don’t Stop Believing’ Tony Soprano Is Still Alive?
August 27 2014 4:57 PM
A film critic and friend of David Chase's claims the "Sopranos" creator answered the question he's been avoiding since the notorious series finale.
- NY Times' 'No Angel' Mike Brown Profile Outrages Readers
August 25 2014 4:47 PM
The New York Times published profiles of Mike Brown and Darren Wilson, the officer who killed him, on the day before Brown's funeral, angering many readers.
- The Multimillion-Dollar Private Investigation To Find James Foley
August 22 2014 6:36 PM
Foley was a freelancer for the GlobalPost, which reportedly paid millions to try and track the journalist down. But was it money well spent?
- Ferguson Police Chief 'Bumbling, Inept' In Press Conference
August 15 2014 12:17 PM
Tom Jackson may have further damaged the reputation of his department — and of police in general.
- Nicole Perlman Written Out Of ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’
August 14 2014 5:25 PM
Nicole Perlman is the first female ever to have a writing credit on a Marvel movie, but her breakthrough is facing pushback from James Gunn.
- Robin Williams Denied Being Clinically Depressed
August 12 2014 7:12 PM
Robin Williams' suicide death has prompted widespread media coverage about clinical depression -- something the actor denied having.
- Gawker Director Vows To Fix 'Rape Gif Problem,' But Can't Do It Alone
August 11 2014 5:57 PM
Jezebel published a memo to Gawker criticizing it for ignoring an escalating problem of rape imagery posted anonymously.
- Weekend Box Office Roundup: 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Kick 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Out Of Top Spot
August 11 2014 1:45 PM
"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" performed unexpectedly well at the box office this weekend, despite poor reviews. But "Guardians of the Galaxy" stayed strong domestically and overseas.
- Amazon's Drone Delivery Dreams Drive Congressional Donations
August 07 2014 3:21 PM
Amazon is reportedly opening its wallet to make political alliances in Washington, D.C., as it aims to roll out a drone delivery service.
- PETA To Critics Of Detroit Water Shutoff Subsidy: Don’t Throw Stones
July 29 2014 2:31 PM
In a letter to the editor, PETA objected to a story IBTimes published last week about the subsidies offered to Detroit residents facing a water shutoff who agreed to go vegan.
- China Aims To Copy 'Avatar' Success With 'Bainiaoyi'
July 28 2014 6:07 PM
A Chinese production company announced a domestic "rival" to "Avatar," which it hopes will boost the box office success of homegrown films.
- Cruel And Unusual Punishment? We May Never Know
July 26 2014 2:13 PM
The latest prisoner execution gone horribly wrong brings more scrutiny to suppliers of lethal-injection drugs.
- Malaysia Airlines Hired Putin PR Agency After MH370 Disappearance
July 22 2014 1:06 PM
Malaysia Airlines hired Ketchum public relations, the Kremlin's longtime PR flak, after flight MH370 disappeared. It is unclear if Ketchum still works with Malaysia Airlines.
- MH17: Why Kremlin’s Propaganda Machine Is So Effective
July 21 2014 7:58 PM
State-run television stations offer an interpretation of the MH17 disaster absolving Putin of responsibility; Russians seem to be buying it.
- Latest RT Resignation Renews Accusations Of Propaganda
July 18 2014 5:17 PM
Russia Today host Sara Firth quit after the Kremlin-funded news channel suggested Ukraine was responsible for the MH17 crash.
- Chinese Censors Take Aim At Internet TV
July 17 2014 1:57 PM
In the same week that Lionsgate and Alibaba announced a Chinese streaming service, censors have put Internet TV providers on notice.