Articles by Ellen Killoran
- 'Mad Men' Season 7 Premiere Teases Conspiracy Theorists
April 14 2014 4:12 PM
The Season 7 premiere of "Mad Men" had plenty of nods to Sharon Tate and the Manson murders. Is Matthew Weiner messing with our heads?
- Texas Strikes Back: New York Times Magazine Faces Lawsuit Over New Editor
April 11 2014 6:08 PM
Texas Monthly is suing the New York Times, but not incoming magazine editor Jake Silverstein, as the Times initially claimed.
- No, The Internet Isn't Ending
April 10 2014 8:32 PM
The Heartbleed security bug may be cause for alarm, but the unsettling news is unlikely to curb our reliance on the Internet.
- Not All PTSD Comes From Combat Duty
April 03 2014 6:24 PM
Spc. Ivan Lopez was being treated for psychiatric problems but was never diagnosed with PTSD.
- New NYT Magazine Editor: 'I'm Not Even In The Building Yet'
April 01 2014 7:18 PM
Jake Silverstein, the newly appointed editor-in-chief of the New York Times Magazine, believes "it's wise to make observations before you make big changes."
- China Editor Says Bloomberg Tried To Gag Him
March 28 2014 1:58 PM
Ben Richardson, who resigned from Bloomberg News this week, spoke with IBTimes about the future of investigative journalism in China.
- Inside NYT Now, The New York Times App For The ‘Price Sensitive’
March 27 2014 2:08 PM
The Times is offering a lower-priced subscription with NYT Now - an app for half the price of a full digital description, with limited content.
- Search For David Bird, Missing Wall Street Journal Reporter, To Resume Tuesday: Police
March 25 2014 10:23 AM
After being suspended for several weeks, the ground search for missing Wall Street Journal reporter David Bird is set to resume on Tuesday.
- Anthony Weiner Lands Gig At Business Insider, Seriously
March 24 2014 1:32 PM
Business Insider has hired twice-scandalized former NYC mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner as a political columnist. Insert joke here.
- Questions Abound After WSJ Reporter Goes For A Walk, And Doesn't Return
March 20 2014 6:16 PM
David Bird, an energy reporter for the Wall Street Journal, disappeared from his New Jersey home more than two months ago.
- Batkid's Oscar Appearance Mysteriously Canceled
March 05 2014 4:13 PM
Cancer patient Miles Scott traveled to L.A. for an Oscars show appearance. But his segment was pulled at the last minute, and it is unclear why.
- And The Award For Most Narcissistic Oscar Acceptance Speech Goes To...
March 03 2014 5:52 PM
The Academy Awards are by definition self-congratulatory, but some Oscar winners appear to love themselves more than even their most devoted fans.
- What's An Oscar Worth? That Might Depend On Gender
February 27 2014 2:54 PM
Winning one of the coveted statues seems to boost a male actor's earning power more than a female's.
- Oscar Predictions 2014: It Really Isn't Anybody's Game
February 24 2014 6:17 PM
It's not terribly difficult to predict the winners of the major Oscar categories this year. Maybe we'll be surprised?
- 'House of Cards' Season 2 Binge Postmortem
February 18 2014 12:15 PM
'House of Cards' season 2 tied up some story lines (for now), but we think a few characters might still have something up their sleeves.
- 'Girls' Recap: 'I May Have Overdone It On The Snacks'
February 10 2014 12:14 AM
In 'Free Snacks,' Hannah enjoys Sun Chips and lox at her new job as an advertorial writer, and Adam does not smile on command.
- 'Girls' Recap: 'Only Child'
February 02 2014 12:17 PM
'Only Child,' the fifth episode of 'Girls' Season 3, brings Hannah a crushing career setback, and her reaction may drive Adam even further away.
- GoldieBlox Strikes Gold With Super Bowl Ad-Contest Win
February 01 2014 5:03 PM
The small toy company will have an ad in the Super Bowl broadcast after winning the Intuit Small Business Big Game contest.
- Super Bowl Ads 2014: What Does $4 Million Really Buy You?
January 30 2014 3:34 PM
While many longtime advertisers are still game, others are having a harder time crunching the numbers.
- US Rep. Grimm Threatened To Throw Reporter Off Balcony
January 29 2014 10:46 AM
Mayor De Blasio argued that the congressman had clearly crossed the line, regarding civil conduct.