- Cruel And Unusual Punishment? We May Never Know
July 26 2014 2:13 PM
The latest prisoner execution gone horribly wrong brings more scrutiny to suppliers of lethal-injection drugs.
- Malaysia Airlines Hired Putin PR Agency After MH370 Disappearance
July 22 2014 1:06 PM
Malaysia Airlines hired Ketchum public relations, the Kremlin's longtime PR flak, after flight MH370 disappeared. It is unclear if Ketchum still works with Malaysia Airlines.
- MH17: Why Kremlin’s Propaganda Machine Is So Effective
July 21 2014 7:58 PM
State-run television stations offer an interpretation of the MH17 disaster absolving Putin of responsibility; Russians seem to be buying it.
- Latest RT Resignation Renews Accusations Of Propaganda
July 18 2014 5:17 PM
Russia Today host Sara Firth quit after the Kremlin-funded news channel suggested Ukraine was responsible for the MH17 crash.
- Chinese Censors Take Aim At Internet TV
July 17 2014 1:57 PM
In the same week that Lionsgate and Alibaba announced a Chinese streaming service, censors have put Internet TV providers on notice.
- 'Don't Call Me A Political Novelist': Nadine Gordimer
July 14 2014 6:31 PM
Few knew Nadine Gordimer's work better than Robert Boyers, the editor of a small literary magazine to which she would submit work ahead of the New Yorker and Harpers.
- Emmy Snubs Are As Old As Prime Time
July 11 2014 4:48 PM
The 2014 Emmy nominations seem to have more snubs this year than ever. But that may be because you've forgotten some big ones from the past.
- Jill Abramson: 'It Was A Bad Day For Me'
July 10 2014 3:30 PM
Jill Abramson has spoken out about her firing at the New York Times, and some of the biggest stories the paper did and didn't cover under her tenure.
- Amazon Hits Hachette Where It Hurts
July 09 2014 3:50 PM
In what critics are seeing as a strategic PR move, Amazon tried to give Hachette authors an offer they couldn't refuse.
- 'More Than Meets The Eye' Behind This Box Office Smash
July 07 2014 2:13 PM
Thanks to political pandering, 'Transformers: Age Of Extinction' is set to replace 'Avatar' as the biggest movie in Chinese box office history.
- Racist 'Opie & Anthony' Shock Jock Fired After Violent Twitter Rant
July 04 2014 4:11 PM
SiriusXM fired "The Opie and Anthony" show co-host Anthony Cumia after his violent, racist Twitter rant went viral.
- Evil Geniuses Offer Aereo Subscribers Free Antennas
July 03 2014 5:59 PM
A St. Louis-based antenna company is hoping to fill in the gap for Aereo subscribers who saw their service suspended after SCOTUS ruled it illegal.
- How The Tinder Scandal Might Actually Help Women In The Tech World
July 02 2014 7:43 PM
Some tech investors say the sexual harassment lawsuit filed against Tinder could encourage more gender parity in the industry.
- Teenage Trophy Hunter Called ‘Slut,’ Facing Death Threats
July 01 2014 4:58 PM
A 19-year-old game hunter was hoping for fame, but she got more than she bargained for after posting pictures of her trophy animals.
- Chinese Film Sector Frets As ‘Transformers’ Triumphs
June 30 2014 2:37 PM
The franchise's fourth installment shattered Chinese box-office records, but Chinese film industry regulators are worried.
- Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson Staring Down Career 'Twilight'
June 27 2014 6:41 PM
Undead: Kristen Stewart is reportedly out of the "Snow White and the Huntsman" sequel, while Robert Pattinson's latest movie is yet another dud.
- New York Times Killed 'The Gun Report' Rather Than Give Me A Raise, Says Writer
June 20 2014 5:16 PM
The New York Times canceled Joe Nocera's popular "The Gun Report" blog last week, days after his assistant filed a salary grievance.
- Hachette Announces Layoffs As Amazon Standoff Persists
June 05 2014 3:06 PM
Hachette Book Group reportedly laid of 3 percent of its staff on Thursday, weeks into a standoff with Amazon.com.
- Oprah Just Lost Her Most Valued Mentor
May 28 2014 5:06 PM
Oprah Winfrey, who is adored by millions herself, may have been Maya Angelou's biggest fan.
- Jill Abramson To Wake Forest Graduates: 'I'm In The Same Boat As You'
May 19 2014 10:32 AM
Ousted New York Times executive editor Jill Abramson said there is "not a chance" she will get her New York Times tattoo removed.