Articles by Eric Brown
- Obama Commutes Drug Offender's Sentence That Was Extended By Typo
April 15 2014 1:49 PM
An inmate whose sentence was accidentally extended by three and a half years due to a typo had his sentence commuted by President Obama.
- Boehner's Primary Challenger Goes Juvenile In Campaign Ad
April 14 2014 7:12 PM
John Boehner's Tea Party challenger in Ohio's 8th District has the sense of humor of a 13-year-old.
- April 15 Nears, And The Majority View On US Taxes Has Not Changed
April 14 2014 2:45 PM
A day before tax filings are due in the U.S., most say they're paying too much in federal income tax.
- Christian Persecution In The US? At Box Office, It Pays
April 12 2014 1:26 PM
A new breed of independent Christian films is selling lots of tickets, but there's a flaw with their premise.
- Outrage Over Reports That NSA Exploited Heartbleed Bug
April 11 2014 5:00 PM
The American security agency may have known about the bug for years.
- Crimea's Burger Brouhaha Gets Weirder
April 11 2014 2:50 PM
Burger King Russia's CEO said the U.S.-based fast-food chain would be coming to Crimea soon, but Burger King Worldwide disagreed.
- A Virus Killing Pigs Across The Nation Might End The Bacon Craze
April 10 2014 5:43 PM
The PED virus has killed millions of pigs this year, and a resulting jump in pork prices could hamper America's love affair with bacon.
- Pro-GMO Bill Could Repeal Rules To Label GMOs In Food
April 09 2014 8:09 PM
Dubbed the “Safe and Accurate Food Labeling Act,” the bill would overrule 24 state laws requiring food manufacturers to label products containing GMOs.
- Tennessee To UN: Stay Out Of Our Elections
April 09 2014 5:07 PM
Tennessee lawmakers have approved a bill demanding that the United Nations refrain from monitoring elections in the state without permission from the U.S. Senate.
- Florida GOP Leader Blames Republican Decline On 'Influx of Puerto Ricans'
April 08 2014 7:22 PM
Orlando's GOP chairman blames his party's decline on Puerto Ricans fleeing their "basket-case," "semi-socialist" homeland.
- Bush And Boehner Spar Over GOP's View Of Hispanics
April 08 2014 3:28 PM
Boehner might not agree, but Bush's statement that undocumented immigrants come to America as "an act of love" could benefit the ex-governor in 2016.
- E. Ukraine Protesters Paid By Russia: White House
April 07 2014 3:38 PM
“If Russia moves into eastern Ukraine either overtly or covertly, this would be a very serious escalation," White House spokesman Carney added.
- McDonald's (And Methadone) To Pull Out Of Crimea
April 04 2014 3:05 PM
Crimeans now have nowhere to turn for American hamburgers, or heroin-addiction treatment.
- Mississippi Gov. Signs 'Religious Liberty' Bill That Allows Anti-Gay Discrimination
April 04 2014 11:17 AM
Anti-gay activist Tony Perkins praised Mississippi for protecting "religious exercise."
- Obamacare, Now More Popular Than Obama
April 03 2014 11:32 AM
The Affordable Care Act, popularly nicknamed Obamacare, actually gets better poll numbers than the president it's named after.
- A Republican And A Vampire: Meet Jake Rush
April 02 2014 2:15 PM
By day, Florida congressional candidate Jake Rush is a "straight-shooter" conservative. By night, he's the vampire Chazz Darling.
- Climate Change, Disaster For The World's Poor
March 31 2014 4:13 PM
As temperatures continue to rise, it's the poor who stand to lose the most, a U.N. report warns. And not just in the Third World.
- Putin Calls Obama To Discuss Diplomatic Solution To Crimea Crisis
March 28 2014 6:59 PM
Obama expresses continued concern over Russian troop buildup along the Crimean border.
- Christie-Appointed Port Authority Chief Quits In Bridgegate Fallout
March 28 2014 4:40 PM
David Samson resigned the day after an internal review "cleared" the New Jersey governor.
- Same-Sex Couples Wed In Michigan Get Federal Recognition, Benefits
March 28 2014 2:28 PM
The attorney general says 300 same-sex couples married a day after a court ruling will get federal benefits.