- Coen Brothers Reteam With Josh Brolin, George Clooney
June 10 2014 11:44 AM
Josh Brolin and George Clooney have joined the cast of the Coen Brothers' upcoming 1950s period piece "Hail, Caesar."
- 'Transformers' Chinese Co-Production Heralds The Global Blockbuster
June 09 2014 6:58 PM
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" boasts co-production status with China, showing that blockbusters don't belong just to Hollywood anymore.
- 'The Fault In Our Stars' Outshines Tom Cruise At Weekend Box Office
June 09 2014 1:54 PM
Tom Cruise's star power in "Edge of Tomorrow" wasn't enough to overcome the devoted fanbase of the YA novel "The Fault in Our Stars."
- 'Edge of Tomorrow' Tops Chinese Box Office With $25M
June 09 2014 10:43 AM
Tom Cruise's "Edge of Tomorrow" may not have connected with American audiences, but the sci-fi time-travel feature did big business in China.
- 'The Fault In Our Stars' Set To Eclipse 'Edge Of Tomorrow'
June 06 2014 2:49 PM
John Green's impassioned fans expected to overwhelm Tom Cruise's fading star power at the box office.
- Netflix And Verizon At War Over Error Message
June 05 2014 4:14 PM
Verizon is exploring legal action against Netflix after the streaming site blamed Verizon for slow service.
- 'Jupiter Ascending' Delay Highlights Hollywood's Lack Of Female Directors
June 04 2014 9:09 PM
The Wachowskis' "Jupiter Ascending" has been pushed back, reducing 2014's already scant number of female-directed films.
- Chicago Sun-Times Pulls Transphobic Op-Ed
June 04 2014 11:31 AM
The newspaper has pulled a transphobic op-ed piece reprinted from the National Review about "Orange Is the New Black" star Laverne Cox.
- Martin's 'Game Of Thrones' Series May Grow To 8 Books
June 03 2014 6:33 PM
"A Game of Thrones" author George R.R. Martin is already under pressure to finish his series before the HBO show overtakes him, but he may add an eighth book before finishing in time.
- Andy Cohen's 'I Slept With A Celebrity' Is Playing With Fire
June 03 2014 5:44 PM
Andy Cohen is developing the self-explanatory reality show "I Slept With a Celebrity," but such a conceit could leave the show open to legal action.
- It's Time For Marvel To Squash Ant-Man
June 02 2014 6:00 PM
Marvel should move on from "Ant-Man" after director Edgar Wright's departure and cast its first female lead superhero.
- Cruise's 'Edge of Tomorrow' Falls Prey To 'Maleficent'
June 02 2014 12:10 PM
Despite an original premise and Tom Cruise's star power, "Edge of Tomorrow" debuted third in many international markets, behind "Maleficent" and "X-Men."
- Inside Exene Cervenka's Santa Barbara Shooting Conspiracy Theory
June 01 2014 1:17 PM
What causes people to believe outlandish theories? The ex-punk rocker's views on the Elliot Rodger case is the latest in a long tradition.
- 'Frozen' To Hit $200 Million In Japan This Weekend
May 30 2014 8:15 PM
The Disney hit proves itself in a country that is not always welcoming of Hollywood fare.
- Hulu And 'Community' Are A Match Made In Heaven
May 29 2014 4:51 PM
NBC's sadly canceled sitcom "Community" always thrived on the web, so reviving the show as a Hulu exclusive would be a seamless transition for audiences.
- LeVar Burton Raising $1 Million To Revive 'Reading Rainbow'
May 28 2014 3:14 PM
"Reading Rainbow" host LeVar Burton has raised over $400,000 in an afternoon to revive the popular educational program as a Web-based series for classrooms.
- Netflix Nabs Sony Animation Streaming Rights From Starz
May 28 2014 12:16 PM
Starz might be losing Sony Animation content to Netflix, but don’t cry for them just yet.
- If You Were Hoping To Try A Phrostie, You Missed The Last Call
May 27 2014 4:16 PM
Phrosties, illegal alcoholic slushies sold through Instagram, hit New York like a boozy tsunami and disappeared just as quickly.
- 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past' Gets Big Box Office Boost From China
May 27 2014 12:45 PM
"X-Men: Days Of Future Past" missed its mark in the U.S., but its promotional strategy in China paid off handsomely.
- Chinese Box Office Continues To Break Records
May 25 2014 4:56 PM
Get ready for "The Monkey King": China has a fast-growing box office and produces its own blockbuster movies now, too.