Articles by Eric Brown
- Who Is Ukrainian Presidential Candidate Yulia Tymoshenko?
March 27 2014 6:12 PM
The former Ukrainian prime minister is running for president, but a leaked phone call could threaten her chances.
- Obama Unveils Plan To End NSA Metadata Storage Program
March 27 2014 12:43 PM
President Obama announced Thursday that the NSA will no longer store telephone metadata on its own servers.
- North Korea Haircuts: Be Like Kim, Or Else
March 26 2014 4:04 PM
The dictator reportedly is making all North Koreans adopt the same hairstyle he wears.
- Obama: Nukes In Manhattan Are Bigger Threat Than Russia
March 25 2014 5:10 PM
The president dismissed Russia as a "regional power" that poses no threat to the U.S.
- Supreme Court Split On Key Health Coverage Case
March 25 2014 2:43 PM
All eyes on Justice Kennedy, as usual, as supporters of both sides rally outside Supreme Court.
- Carter Decries Use Of Religion To Oppress Women
March 24 2014 7:14 PM
Former President Jimmy Carter says that religious groups often promote inequality for women.
- US Takes First Measures Against Uganda's Anti-Gay Law
March 24 2014 3:19 PM
The Obama administration has taken its first steps in retaliation against Uganda's adoption of a law that sentences gays to life in prison.
- EU To Russia: Take That
March 21 2014 1:06 PM
The EU has launched a new sanctions round against Russian officials, including Deputy P.M. Rogozin and Putin Advisor Sergey Glazyev.
- Who Was Fred Phelps?
March 20 2014 2:01 PM
The founder of the controversial Westboro Baptist Church known for picketing funerals died Thurs. What drove him to become so hateful?
- Instead Of Trade Agreements, US And Russia Now Trading Sanctions
March 20 2014 11:38 AM
President Obama signed an executive order imposing more sanctions against Russian officials and Russia's financial sector.
- Russia Today's New Editorial Stance
March 20 2014 10:01 AM
The Russian news outlet's latest post praising Putin and Crimea's annexation crosses the line into pure propaganda.
- Can Jimmy Carter's Grandson Turn Georgia Into A Swing State?
March 19 2014 12:51 PM
As the state embraces a more diverse population, this year's gubernatorial and Senate elections could be a litmus test for liberals in the South.
- Alabama Senator Wants 'The Crucible' Banned, Praises McCarthy
March 18 2014 3:34 PM
Scott Beason doesn't understand why Arthur Miller's "The Crucible" condemns Joseph McCarthy's communist witch hunts.
- Louisiana's Ex-Con Ex-Gov Runs For Congress
March 17 2014 6:33 PM
Only three years after leaving prison for extortion, former Louisiana Gov. Edwin Edwards has announced his candidacy for Congress.
- Can US Sanctions Bend The Kremlin?
March 17 2014 11:40 AM
An executive order by President Obama has targeted key advisers to President Putin.
- US Orders Equal Health Coverage For Straight, Gay Couples
March 14 2014 6:48 PM
The Obama administration announced that health care providers must deliver equal spousal benefits, starting in 2015.
- Senators Reach Deal To Restore Unemployment Benefits
March 13 2014 5:50 PM
An alliance of Democrats and Republicans have agreed to extend lapsed unemployment benefits and retroactively pay out months of missed benefits.
- So Far, 2016 Is A Hillary Clinton Landslide - At Least In Iowa
March 13 2014 1:29 PM
The former Secretary of State polls extremely highly in Iowa, beating other candidates by double-digit percentage points.
- O'Reilly On Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Interview: Lincoln Wouldn't Have Done It
March 12 2014 1:54 PM
The Fox News host says Obama's appearance with Zach Galifianakis is unpresidential because Lincoln wouldn't have done the same thing.
- Has Brennan Denied Feinstein's Claims Of CIA Snooping?
March 11 2014 4:21 PM
The CIA boss has nominally denied interfering with a Senate investigation on interrogation techniques, but his actual language is murky.