Articles by Eric Brown
- What's Next For Uganda's Gays After Repressive Bill Passes?
February 24 2014 1:48 PM
How will gay and lesbian Ugandans be affected after President Museveni signed a harsh anti-gay bill into law on Monday?
- US Still Threaten Ukraine Sanctions After Peace Deal
February 21 2014 2:51 PM
Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich has made several concessions, but the United States remains ready to impose sanctions.
- Walker Aide Sent Racist Email
February 20 2014 5:10 PM
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker’s former chief-of-staff sent an incredibly derogatory email to staffers in 2010.
- South Carolina Lawmakers Punish Colleges For Assigning LGBT Books
February 20 2014 12:37 PM
South Carolina lawmakers have decided to cut funding for a pair of colleges that assigned students LGBT books.
- Nevada GOP Candidate: Employment Non-Discrimination Act Is 'Segregation Law'
February 19 2014 4:10 PM
Congressional candidate Cresent Hardy called workplace non-discrimination protection for LGBT workers a form of "segregation."
- Kansas Bill Could Legalize Spanking That Bruises Children
February 19 2014 1:03 PM
A bill proposed in Kansas would allow parents -- and anyone to whom parents give permission -- to spank children until they bruise.
- 'Joe The Plumber' - Now A Union Guy
February 18 2014 2:06 PM
Conservative hero Samuel Wurzelbacher, foe of spread-the-wealth economics, is now a member of something he should be very much against.
- Anti-Gay Bill Likely To Die In Kansas Senate
February 17 2014 5:41 PM
A controversial bill that would protect businesses from refusing service to same-sex couples may be headed for defeat.
- Scalia Rules That Chicago Deep Dish Doesn't Count As Pizza
February 17 2014 12:27 PM
The Supreme Court Justice, who hails from a different pizza tradition, made a controversial (and not legally binding) ruling.
- Tycoon Tom Perkins: I Should Have 1 Million Votes, Not 1
February 14 2014 2:31 PM
VC Tom Perkins says millionaires should have 1 million votes. He added that people who don't pay taxes should be banned from voting.
- Kansas Bill May Soon Legalize Discrimination Against Gays And Lesbians
February 13 2014 4:14 PM
A new bill passed by the Kansas House could make it legal to refuse service to gay and lesbian couples.
- How 'The Lego Movie' Pokes Fun At (Or Creepily Promotes) Fascism
February 13 2014 11:00 AM
"The Lego Movie" may have a hit on its hands with "Everything is Awesome," but the song's lyrics highlight the dangers of a kind of modern Fascism.
- Venezuela Anti-Government Rally Turns Violent [PHOTOS]
February 12 2014 5:03 PM
Young Venezuelans have taken to the streets of Caracas to protest President Nicolas Maduro.
- What's Rand Paul's Goal In NSA/Obama Suit?
February 12 2014 11:57 AM
The senator's suit is a rebuke of the national security state apparatus, which has prevailed in many privacy-vs.-security fights since 1947.
- Washington Gov. Inslee Announces Moratorium On Death Penalty
February 11 2014 5:05 PM
The governor of the Northwestern state says he will refuse to allow any executions during his tenure as governor.
- Illinois Governor Hopeful Accused Of Sexual Harassment Against Males
February 11 2014 12:24 PM
Dan Rutherford, Republican primary candidate, has been accused of sexually harassing several male employees.
- Paul Can't Explain Why McConnell Deserves Re-Election
February 10 2014 5:40 PM
The Kentucy senator can't find a single good reason why he's supporting Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell's re-election bid.
- Is Walker Lying About Voting For Reagan?
February 10 2014 12:36 PM
The governor of Wisconsin claims to have voted for the conservative icon, but he was too young to have done so. What gives?
- Joe Biden: There's 'No Reason' Not To Run In 2016
February 07 2014 3:58 PM
Vice President Joe Biden said on Friday there is "no obvious reason" not to run for president.
- Congress Candidate Clay Aiken's Deleted Tweets
February 06 2014 4:12 PM
The singer and "American Idol" runner-up is a congressional candidate now, which means he has to clean up his act on Twitter.