Articles by Eric Brown
- 'Venture Bros.' Creators Jackson Publick And Doc Hammer Talk Season 6 At New York Comic-Con
October 13 2013 8:59 AM
After "The Venture Bros." delivered a brilliant but painfully short season 5 this summer, we set down with the show's creators Doc Hammer and Jackson Publick to talk about season 6.
- Putting 'Game of Thrones' On Google Play Isn't Enough To Kill Piracy
October 10 2013 11:06 PM
"Game of Thrones" is now available on Google Play, but the move seems unlikely to reduce rampant piracy of the hit series.
- Rick Reilly Misquotes Native American Father-In-Law To Support Washington Redskins Team Name
October 10 2013 8:50 PM
ESPN host Rick Reilly allegedly misquoted his Native American father-in-law in a piece defending the Washington Redskins' controversial name.
- Scott Carpenter, Mercury Astronaut, Dies At Age 88
October 10 2013 8:07 PM
One of the original Project Mercury astronauts, Carpenter also became an aquanaut after leaving NASA to work with the Navy’s SEALAB project.
- Obama Rejects Republican Offer Of Short-Term Debt Ceiling Extension
October 10 2013 6:49 PM
John Boehner and fellow Republicans, who exited a meeting with Obama without speaking to the press, want to raise the debt ceiling for six weeks.
- Julian Assange Blasts 'The Fifth Estate' And DreamWorks, Asks Benedict Cumberbatch To Leave Film
October 09 2013 9:55 PM
In a letter, Assange attacks DreamWorks as predatory and hellbent on ruining his reputation.
- This Hollywood Executive Offered $75 Million For Three More 'Breaking Bad' Episodes
October 09 2013 9:32 PM
DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg is pretty clearly still stuck in the bargaining phase of grief over the end of "Breaking Bad."
- Research Firm: Twitter's IPO May Be Nov. 15
October 09 2013 8:22 PM
PrivCo based the prediction on an expected expiration of Twitter’s lock-up period -- the point at which Twitter employees can sell their stock.
- In Recession, US Trade With Poor Nations Grew, But Shrank With Rich Countries: Study
October 08 2013 11:48 PM
The study argues that the Great Recession allowed poorer countries to increase trade with more affluent nations.
- 'Downton Abbey' Creator Defends Controversial Rape Scene In Series 4, Episode 3
October 08 2013 10:42 PM
“Downton Abbey” creator Julian Fellowes has come under fire for a controversial storyline in the latest episode of the period English drama, though Fellowes defended the plot point in a BBC interview.
- Rockstar Responds To Deleted Characters Glitch In 'Grand Theft Auto Online'
October 08 2013 8:46 PM
Ever since “Grand Theft Auto Online” was released last week, players have been finding their characters and items mysteriously deleted.
- Pogues Guitarist Philip Chevron Dies Of Cancer At Age 56
October 08 2013 6:53 PM
Chevron performed on the band’s breakthrough albums “Rum, Sodomy and the Last” and “If I Should Fall From Grace With God,” and wrote many of the Pogues' best-known songs.
- USDA Issues Health Alert Over Salmonella In Chicken
October 07 2013 11:11 PM
The U.S. Department of Agriculture issued a public health alert for raw chicken from Foster Farms after 278 people contracted salmonella.
- Michigan Beer Law Would Ensure Every Pint Contains 16 Oz. Of Beer
October 07 2013 9:18 PM
If you’ve ever ordered a pint of beer only to find yourself shortchanged, consider moving to Michigan.
- Steubenville Schools Employee Indicted
October 07 2013 7:50 PM
A Steubenville schools information tech employee is accused of obstruction of justice in the Steubenville High School rape case.
- Anti-Obamacare Filibuster Didn’t ‘Remotely’ Harm GOP: Cruz
October 06 2013 8:02 PM
U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, insists his filibuster to kill the Affordable Care Act did not “remotely” hurt the Republican Party.
- 3 Problems Rockstar Hasn’t Resolved In ‘Grand Theft Auto Online’
October 06 2013 4:17 PM
Rockstar released a patch designed to solve problems with its much-hyped “Grand Theft Auto Online” on Friday, but the game based on “Grand Theft Auto V” still has plenty of issues.
- ‘Gravity’ Breaks October Box-Office Records, Proves Imax 3D Still Viable
October 06 2013 2:42 PM
Alfonso Cuarón’s space thriller rocketed to the top, taking in a record-breaking $55.5 million in its opening weekend.
- Adobe Hacked As 2.9 Million Customer Records Robbed
October 03 2013 10:50 PM
Adobe is resetting passwords for the affected accounts, and taking steps to notify customers whose information was hacked.
- What To Know Before Twitter Goes Public
October 03 2013 8:11 PM
Twitter's losses seem to be growing even as the company's revenue is rising.