Articles by Eric Brown
- David Duchovny And Gillian Anderson Are Ready For Another ‘X-Files’ Film
October 13 2013 7:19 PM
New episodes of “The X-Files” haven’t been on television for more than a decade, but stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson say they’d love to make another film continuing the classic sci-fi detective series.
- 'Gravity' Retains Top Weekend Box Office Spot, Despite Competition From 'Captain Phillips'
October 13 2013 5:36 PM
After an impressive opening weekend, space disaster thriller “Gravity” retained its spot at the top of the box office in its second weekend, fighting off the new Tom Hanks drama “Captain Phillips.”
- 'Venture Bros.' Creators Jackson Publick And Doc Hammer Talk Season 6 At New York Comic-Con
October 13 2013 8:59 AM
After "The Venture Bros." delivered a brilliant but painfully short season 5 this summer, we set down with the show's creators Doc Hammer and Jackson Publick to talk about season 6.
- Putting 'Game of Thrones' On Google Play Isn't Enough To Kill Piracy
October 10 2013 11:06 PM
"Game of Thrones" is now available on Google Play, but the move seems unlikely to reduce rampant piracy of the hit series.
- Rick Reilly Misquotes Native American Father-In-Law To Support Washington Redskins Team Name
October 10 2013 8:50 PM
ESPN host Rick Reilly allegedly misquoted his Native American father-in-law in a piece defending the Washington Redskins' controversial name.
- Scott Carpenter, Mercury Astronaut, Dies At Age 88
October 10 2013 8:07 PM
One of the original Project Mercury astronauts, Carpenter also became an aquanaut after leaving NASA to work with the Navy’s SEALAB project.
- Obama Rejects Republican Offer Of Short-Term Debt Ceiling Extension
October 10 2013 6:49 PM
John Boehner and fellow Republicans, who exited a meeting with Obama without speaking to the press, want to raise the debt ceiling for six weeks.
- Julian Assange Blasts 'The Fifth Estate' And DreamWorks, Asks Benedict Cumberbatch To Leave Film
October 09 2013 9:55 PM
In a letter, Assange attacks DreamWorks as predatory and hellbent on ruining his reputation.
- This Hollywood Executive Offered $75 Million For Three More 'Breaking Bad' Episodes
October 09 2013 9:32 PM
DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg is pretty clearly still stuck in the bargaining phase of grief over the end of "Breaking Bad."
- Research Firm: Twitter's IPO May Be Nov. 15
October 09 2013 8:22 PM
PrivCo based the prediction on an expected expiration of Twitter’s lock-up period -- the point at which Twitter employees can sell their stock.
- In Recession, US Trade With Poor Nations Grew, But Shrank With Rich Countries: Study
October 08 2013 11:48 PM
The study argues that the Great Recession allowed poorer countries to increase trade with more affluent nations.
- 'Downton Abbey' Creator Defends Controversial Rape Scene In Series 4, Episode 3
October 08 2013 10:42 PM
“Downton Abbey” creator Julian Fellowes has come under fire for a controversial storyline in the latest episode of the period English drama, though Fellowes defended the plot point in a BBC interview.
- Rockstar Responds To Deleted Characters Glitch In 'Grand Theft Auto Online'
October 08 2013 8:46 PM
Ever since “Grand Theft Auto Online” was released last week, players have been finding their characters and items mysteriously deleted.
- Pogues Guitarist Philip Chevron Dies Of Cancer At Age 56
October 08 2013 6:53 PM
Chevron performed on the band’s breakthrough albums “Rum, Sodomy and the Last” and “If I Should Fall From Grace With God,” and wrote many of the Pogues' best-known songs.
- USDA Issues Health Alert Over Salmonella In Chicken
October 07 2013 11:11 PM
The U.S. Department of Agriculture issued a public health alert for raw chicken from Foster Farms after 278 people contracted salmonella.
- Michigan Beer Law Would Ensure Every Pint Contains 16 Oz. Of Beer
October 07 2013 9:18 PM
If you’ve ever ordered a pint of beer only to find yourself shortchanged, consider moving to Michigan.
- Steubenville Schools Employee Indicted
October 07 2013 7:50 PM
A Steubenville schools information tech employee is accused of obstruction of justice in the Steubenville High School rape case.
- Anti-Obamacare Filibuster Didn’t ‘Remotely’ Harm GOP: Cruz
October 06 2013 8:02 PM
U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, insists his filibuster to kill the Affordable Care Act did not “remotely” hurt the Republican Party.
- 3 Problems Rockstar Hasn’t Resolved In ‘Grand Theft Auto Online’
October 06 2013 4:17 PM
Rockstar released a patch designed to solve problems with its much-hyped “Grand Theft Auto Online” on Friday, but the game based on “Grand Theft Auto V” still has plenty of issues.
- ‘Gravity’ Breaks October Box-Office Records, Proves Imax 3D Still Viable
October 06 2013 2:42 PM
Alfonso Cuarón’s space thriller rocketed to the top, taking in a record-breaking $55.5 million in its opening weekend.