Articles by Eric Brown
- Did Harvard And MIT Professors Create A Real Lightsaber? Kind Of.
September 25 2013 9:10 PM
Scientists have “managed to coax photos into binding together to form molecules,” creating “photonic molecules” that behave not unlike a Jedi Knight’s weapon of choice.
- Bryan Cranston Returning To Final 'How I Met Your Mother' Season After 'Breaking Bad' Ends
September 25 2013 8:54 PM
Now that “Breaking Bad” is set to air its final episode next week, series star Bryan Cranston suddenly has a lot more time on his hands.
- Stanford Researchers Create World's First Carbon Nanotube Computer
September 25 2013 6:48 PM
Composed from 142 carbon nanotube transistors, the computer is simple by modern standards but able to run any calculation if given adequate time.
- Home Prices Rise At The Fastest Rate In 7 Years
September 25 2013 12:02 AM
Home prices increased at the highest rate in seven years between July 2012 and July 2013.
- Sen. Ted Cruz Reads 'Green Eggs And Ham' On The Senate Floor
September 24 2013 9:22 PM
Sen Ted Cruz recited the entirety of Dr. Seuss' "Green Eggs and Ham" on the Senate floor Tuesday night.
- Avoid 'Breaking Bad' Spoilers With The Netflix Spoiler Foiler
September 24 2013 7:55 PM
If you haven’t yet caught up on the latest episode of “Breaking Bad,” you can install Netflix’s new “Spoiler Foiler” app, designed to protect you from any and all “Breaking Bad” spoilers.
- Godspeed You! Black Emperor To Donate $30,000 Polaris Music Prize To Prison Education Efforts
September 24 2013 6:49 PM
The Montreal ambient rock band won the $30,000 Polaris Music Prize, but blasted the awards ceremony as hypocritical and will donate the money to music education programs in Quebec prisons.
- Jon Hamm Will Undergo Throat Surgery For Vocal Cord Polyp
September 24 2013 4:29 PM
“Mad Men” star Jon Hamm will undergo an invasive throat surgery next week in an effort to remove a large polyp on his vocal cords.
- FAA To Consider Easing Ban On In-Flight Electronics
September 23 2013 11:18 PM
Airline passengers in the U.S. may soon be able to use a wider range of electronic devices on planes, even during takeoffs and landings.
- Lois Lerner, Official In 'Targeting Scandal,' Quits IRS
September 23 2013 9:26 PM
Lois Lerner, the IRS official who admitted that the agency unfairly targeted Tea Party groups, has resigned before being fired.
- Bashar Assad Meets Walter White In Pointed New Yorker Cover
September 23 2013 8:21 PM
Bashar Assad graces the latest cover of the New Yorker, along with an unlikely ally – Walter White of “Breaking Bad.”
- Yes, That 'Vacuum Repair' Phone Number In Last Night's 'Breaking Bad' Is Real
September 23 2013 5:53 PM
Now you, too, can change your identity and become manager of a Cinnabon in Nebraska.
- 'Breaking Bad' Episode 515 Recap: 'Granite State' Moves Toward The Inevitable End
September 23 2013 8:36 AM
“Is Walter White still out there?” If “Granite State” is any indication, just barely.
- North Dakota Town Fights Takeover By White Supremacists
September 22 2013 11:47 PM
Leith, N.D., has become the target for a group of white supremacists who wish to turn the town into a neo-Nazi enclave.
- Breakout: ‘Prisoners’ Grosses $21.4 Million At Weekend Box Office
September 22 2013 9:10 PM
The Hugh Jackman drama “Prisoners” topped the box office this weekend with a $21.4 million gross.
- Aaron Alexis Harassed Family At Airport A Month Before Navy Yard Shooting
September 19 2013 11:18 PM
Alexis reportedly began shouting at the family while they waited to board a flight, and he allegedly accused the family of laughing at him.
- JPMorgan To Pay More Than $1 Billion In Fees Over Scandals
September 19 2013 10:49 PM
The “London Whale” ruling involved severe payouts to the SEC, the Office of the Comptroller, the Federal Reserve and the FCA.
- Kerry, Putin Push Forward On Syrian Arms Deal As Civil War Hits Stalemate
September 19 2013 9:15 PM
Syria’s deputy prime minister of economic affairs says that neither side in the civil war is capable of overpowering the other.
- Pope Francis - Catholic Church Must Focus More Gospel; Less On Abortion, Homosexuality
September 19 2013 8:31 PM
He said that focusing only on divisive issues like homosexuality is counterproductive and will hurt the Church in the long run.
- Final Two 'Breaking Bad' Episodes Will Run 15 Minutes Longer
September 18 2013 9:17 PM
“Breaking Bad” airs its final two episodes, “Granite State” and “Felina,” respectively, on Sept. 22 and Sept. 29.