Articles by Eric Brown
- A Casting Announcement May Have Just Spoiled 'The Walking Dead'
August 28 2013 7:03 PM
AMC may have accidentally spoiled its most popular series, “The Walking Dead," with a casting announcement.
- Nintendo Introduces 2DS Handheld Console, Cuts Wii U Price To $300
August 28 2013 6:37 PM
Nintendo unveiled its new handheld gaming system, the 2DS, and slashed prices on its struggling Wii U console Wednesday.
- Rim Fire Now California's 7th Largest
August 27 2013 9:37 PM
The Rim Fire has reached 280 square miles in size, and is still only 20 percent contained.
- Justin Timberlake Defends Miley Cyrus' Twerking: 'It's The VMAs. What Did You Guys Expect?'
August 27 2013 8:22 PM
Justin Timberlake has stepped in to defend Miley Cyrus' sexually charged dance at the MTV VMAs on Sunday.
- 'Arrested Development' Season 5 Could Premiere After A Movie, Mitch Hurwitz Says
August 27 2013 8:17 PM
"Arrested Development" creator Mitch Hurwitz says he's writing a movie to pick up where the Netflix-exclusive season four left off.
- Rim Fire In Yosemite Reaches 20% Containment
August 26 2013 10:43 PM
California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection reported Monday night that the Rim Fire has reached 20 percent containment.
- Astronaut Photographs California's Rim Fire From International Space Station
August 26 2013 10:39 PM
NASA astronaut Karen Nyberg captured an image of the California Rim Fire from the International Space Station.
- 'Game Of Thrones' Season 3 Effects Reel Shows How The Magic Is Made
August 26 2013 8:12 PM
“Game of Thrones” fans will have to wait almost a year before the critically-acclaimed fantasy series returns to HBO, but if you’re dying for more (and are too lazy to read the books), SpinVFX’s “Game of Thrones” season 3 CGI highlight reel might be able to whet your appetite.
- Facebook Market Value Tops $100 Billion
August 26 2013 8:03 PM
The surge in value is further proof that investors are betting on Facebook’s ability to earn more advertising revenue in the future.
- Apple's Siri Smacktalks Google Glass In New Update
August 26 2013 5:44 PM
Apple’s virtual personal assistant Siri is known for cracking jokes, but a new update has Siri laying the smackdown on Google’s wearable computer, Google Glass.
- 'Breaking Bad' Episode 511 Recap: 'Confessions' Pushes Jesse Pinkman Past The Breaking Point
August 26 2013 8:39 AM
Jesse Pinkman is about as broken as a human can be in "Confessions."
- NSync VMAs Reunion: Twitter Reacts To The Incredibly Short Reunion And Fat Joey Fatone
August 25 2013 11:21 PM
After years apart and weeks of buildup, everyone’s favorite boy band *NSync finally reunited at the 2013 MTV VMAs -- for about two minutes.
- Posthumous JD Salinger Books May Be On The Way
August 25 2013 8:35 PM
Much of reclusive author J.D. Salinger’s unpublished material may be published posthumously, the writers of a new biography claim.
- 'Breaking Bad' Cast Members Could All Wind Up 'On a Trip To Belize,' But In A Non-Murdery Way
August 22 2013 10:09 PM
The Belize Tourism Board will be sending the cast of "Breaking Bad" on "a trip to Belize," but it's an actual vacation, not a cover-up for a grizzly murder.
- Nasdaq Back Online After Longest Outage In Recent Memory
August 22 2013 10:00 PM
Nasdaq suffered a three-hour outage on Thursday afternoon, shutting down trading of more than 3,200 companies.
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Could Be Gaining Elizabeth Olsen As The Scarlet Witch
August 22 2013 8:48 PM
Elizabeth Olsen is rumored to play reality-altering superhero the Scarlet Witch in "Avengers: Age of Ultron."
- Japan To Issue Highest Radiation Warning Since Fukushima Disaster
August 21 2013 11:26 PM
Previously, Japan's nuclear watchdog rated the latest leak as a level 1 incident on the INES.
- Xbox One Will Never Be Sold Without A Kinect, Microsoft Official Claims
August 21 2013 10:49 PM
“Xbox One is Kinect. They are not separate systems,” Microsoft vice president Phil Harrison said in an interview with CVG.
- Meet The Bookkeeper Who Talked Down A Georgia School Shooter
August 21 2013 9:34 PM
Michael Brandon Hill fired inside a Decatur, Ga., school and exchanged fire with police outside before Antoinette Tuff spoke to him.
- That Rumored 'N Sync MTV VMAs Reunion Might Not Happen After All
August 21 2013 8:03 PM
Former 'N Sync member Lance Bass has cryptically denied that the '90s boy band will be reuniting for a special performance at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards.