Articles by Eric Brown
- Iranian President Says His Country Will 'Never' Develop Nuclear Weapons
September 18 2013 7:43 PM
Hassan Rouhani stated “under no circumstances would we seek any weapons of mass destruction, including nuclear weapons, nor will we ever.”
- Orbital Successfully Launches Cygnus Spacecraft On Mission To ISS
September 18 2013 5:19 PM
The Cygnus, carrying 1,543 pounds of supplies including food and clothing, will perform tests in low-Earth orbit before docking with the ISSS Sunday.
- Navy Yard Gunman 'Heard Voices'
September 17 2013 9:58 PM
Alexis told Rhode Island police that voices were speaking to him through walls and that men were "sending vibrations into his body.”
- Ben Affleck Shrugs Off Criticism Over Batman Role
September 17 2013 8:00 PM
Affleck said that, despite all the online backlash, he’s still excited to portray America’s favorite mentally unstable masked vigilante.
- 'Mad Men' Season 7 To Air In Two Parts Across 2014 And 2015
September 17 2013 5:53 PM
“Mad Men” will be taking a little longer to reach its conclusion than originally planned.
- Stephen Hawking Speaks Out In Favor Of Assisted Suicide
September 17 2013 5:25 PM
British scientist Stephen Hawking has spoken out in favor of assisted suicide, stating that it would be better to allow those who are terminally ill to choose to end their own lives rather than force them to suffer.
- CDC Goes After Resistant 'Superbugs'
September 16 2013 11:18 PM
The Centers for Disease Control is moving to track and combat antibiotic-resistant bacteria in the United States.
- Robot Snake Could Become Next Big Tool In Mars Exploration
September 16 2013 10:11 PM
The European Space Agency is funding a study to produce a robot snake that could more easily travel the surface of Mars.
- Aaron Alexis: Everything We Know About The Navy Yard Shooter
September 16 2013 8:45 PM
Aaron Alexis, identified as the deceased Navy Yard shooter, was previously arrested twice for the unlawful discharge of a firearm.
- No Second Shooter In Navy Yard: DC Police Chief
September 16 2013 7:11 PM
Mayor Vincent Gray also says there is no sign of terrorism in the Navy Yard shooting that left 13 dead, including gunman Aaron Alexis.
- Nina Davuluri, Miss America 2014, Shrugs Off Racist Backlash
September 16 2013 6:18 PM
The new Miss America is undeterred by racist comments directed at her, stating that she plans to “rise above” the uproar over her heritage.
- 'Breaking Bad' Episode 514 Recap: Walter White Loses Everything In 'Ozymandias'
September 16 2013 4:25 PM
As with the Ozymandias of Shelley's poem, Walt's empire has crumbled around him.
- Full Text Of Obama's Speech On Syrian Diplomatic Solution
September 10 2013 9:51 PM
Read the full text of Obama's speech on Syria.
- Zimmerman Destroyed iPad With Evidence Of Domestic Dispute
September 10 2013 9:42 PM
George Zimmerman reportedly smashed an iPad containing a video that could implicate him in a dispute with his estranged wife.
- 'Game Of Thrones' Season 4: Sigur Rós Band Members Join Cast In Unspecified Role
September 10 2013 7:17 PM
Icelandic ambient musicians Sigur Rós have joined the cast of the hit HBO series “Game of Thrones” for its upcoming fourth season.
- UPDATE: Syria To Declare Chemical Weapons Arsenal, Sign UN Convention
September 10 2013 8:31 AM
Obama wants to keep military force an option; Putin says the proposal "can work" if the "American side" rejects the use of force.
- Erna Solberg Becomes Norway's Prime Minister As Conservatives Sweep Election
September 09 2013 11:45 PM
Norway’s Conservative party swept into office on Monday, ousting the Labor Party in a landslide.
- US Opinion Moves Sharply Against Syria Attack
September 09 2013 9:57 PM
A growing number of Americans are strongly opposed to the possibility of a military strike against Syria, a new poll finds.
- Arm the Blind? Why Not, Iowa Says
September 09 2013 7:21 PM
Several counties in Iowa have given out weapons permits to the legally blind.
- 'Breaking Bad' Episode 513 Recap
September 09 2013 12:40 PM
After a five season-long victory streak, Walter White finally lost. And so did Hank. And Jesse. And Gomez.