- President Signs Bill To End Government Shutdown
October 16 2013 10:37 PM
President Obama signed the bill into law, after the Senate and then the House passed the debt deal Wednesday night.
- 'South Park' Misses Airdate For The First Time In 13 Years After Power Outage Shuts Down Studio
October 16 2013 10:25 PM
As a result, Wednesday’s “Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers” will not air this week and will instead be pushed back to Wednesday, Oct. 25.
- Corey Booker Wins Special Election For NJ Senate Seat
October 16 2013 10:10 PM
Newark's mayor defeated Steve Lonegan in a special election to fill the seat left vacant by the late Frank Lautenberg.
- NSA Head Keith Alexander Expected To Step Down In 2014
October 16 2013 7:38 PM
No one has been officially named as a replacement, but U.S. officials have claimed that Vice Adm. Michael Rogers could be a frontrunner.
- Missouri Lt. Gov. Calls For Grand Jury In Teen Rape Case
October 15 2013 10:17 PM
Peter Kinder has called for Missouri's attorney general to revisit the Maryville sexual assault case that has sparked Internet outrage.
- Paul Rudd And Joseph Gordon-Levitt Could Star In Marvel's 'Ant-Man'
October 15 2013 8:11 PM
Paul Rudd and Joseph Gordon-Levitt aren't traditional superhero types, but one of the two, or both, might grab the lead role in "Ant-Man."
- Twitter Chooses NYSE Over Nasdaq
October 15 2013 6:37 PM
In an updated S-1 form filed Tuesday, Twitter stated it would trade shares on the NYSE under the previously announced ticker name TWTR.
- Missouri Town Focus Of Outrage For Unpunished Teen Rape
October 14 2013 11:33 PM
Anonymous has targeted Maryville, Mo., following the Kansas City Star’s shocking report that the rapists of two underage girls walked free.
- NSA Collects Millions Of Americans' Email Address Books
October 14 2013 9:21 PM
The agency is mass-harvesting email address books and IM contact lists, according to the latest Snowden revelation.
- Sufjan Stevens Trashes Miley Cyrus By Correcting Her Grammar
October 14 2013 7:02 PM
By now, you probably know all about Miley Cyrus’ feud with Sinead O’Connor, but are you aware of the burgeoning feud between Miley Cyrus and beloved indie pop singer Sufjan Stevens?
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 4 Premiere Smashes Ratings Records
October 14 2013 5:55 PM
“The Walking Dead” is back, and it’s devouring everything in sight.
- David Duchovny And Gillian Anderson Are Ready For Another ‘X-Files’ Film
October 13 2013 7:19 PM
New episodes of “The X-Files” haven’t been on television for more than a decade, but stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson say they’d love to make another film continuing the classic sci-fi detective series.
- 'Gravity' Retains Top Weekend Box Office Spot, Despite Competition From 'Captain Phillips'
October 13 2013 5:36 PM
After an impressive opening weekend, space disaster thriller “Gravity” retained its spot at the top of the box office in its second weekend, fighting off the new Tom Hanks drama “Captain Phillips.”
- 'Venture Bros.' Creators Jackson Publick And Doc Hammer Talk Season 6 At New York Comic-Con
October 13 2013 8:59 AM
After "The Venture Bros." delivered a brilliant but painfully short season 5 this summer, we set down with the show's creators Doc Hammer and Jackson Publick to talk about season 6.
- Putting 'Game of Thrones' On Google Play Isn't Enough To Kill Piracy
October 10 2013 11:06 PM
"Game of Thrones" is now available on Google Play, but the move seems unlikely to reduce rampant piracy of the hit series.
- Rick Reilly Misquotes Native American Father-In-Law To Support Washington Redskins Team Name
October 10 2013 8:50 PM
ESPN host Rick Reilly allegedly misquoted his Native American father-in-law in a piece defending the Washington Redskins' controversial name.
- Scott Carpenter, Mercury Astronaut, Dies At Age 88
October 10 2013 8:07 PM
One of the original Project Mercury astronauts, Carpenter also became an aquanaut after leaving NASA to work with the Navy’s SEALAB project.
- Obama Rejects Republican Offer Of Short-Term Debt Ceiling Extension
October 10 2013 6:49 PM
John Boehner and fellow Republicans, who exited a meeting with Obama without speaking to the press, want to raise the debt ceiling for six weeks.
- Julian Assange Blasts 'The Fifth Estate' And DreamWorks, Asks Benedict Cumberbatch To Leave Film
October 09 2013 9:55 PM
In a letter, Assange attacks DreamWorks as predatory and hellbent on ruining his reputation.
- This Hollywood Executive Offered $75 Million For Three More 'Breaking Bad' Episodes
October 09 2013 9:32 PM
DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg is pretty clearly still stuck in the bargaining phase of grief over the end of "Breaking Bad."