Articles by Eric Brown
- 107-Year-Old Man Killed In SWAT Team Shootout
September 08 2013 8:27 PM
A 107-year-old Arkansas man was killed in a shootout with a SWAT team on Saturday afternoon.
- Is ‘Riddick’ Star Katee Sackhoff Set To Play Captain Marvel In ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’?
September 08 2013 7:10 PM
Fresh off the premiere of “Riddick,” Katee Sackhoff may be about to plunge into another sci-fi film, this time as part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s Phase Three projects.
- 'Riddick' Dominates Slow Weekend Box Office, Pushing 'The Butler' To Second Place
September 08 2013 4:36 PM
Vin Diesel reigned supreme over a relatively slow box office weekend as his sci-fi sequel “Riddick” took home $18.7 million, dethroning “Lee Daniels’ The Butler” which had dominated the box office for the past three weeks.
- Pope Appeals To G-20 To Find Peaceful Syria Solution
September 05 2013 11:16 PM
Pope Francis has urged world leaders at the G-20 summit to reconsider a direct military intervention in Syria in an open letter to Putin.
- Was J.D. Salinger Missing A Testicle? Biopic Claims Incomplete Anatomy Drove Salinger To Seclusion
September 05 2013 9:04 PM
The authors of a new J.D. Salinger documentary have claimed that the critically-lauded author was driven to solitude because he only had one testicle.
- 3 Alternate 'Breaking Bad' Storylines That Never Made The Cut
September 05 2013 8:02 PM
"Breaking Bad" creator Vince Gilligan revealed a series of scrapped storylines that never made it into the final show.
- 'Walking Dead' Themed Online Class Teaches Science And Survival
September 05 2013 7:51 PM
A massively open online course themed around "The Walking Dead" plans to teach students science, physics and health lessons through the lens of a zombie apocalypse.
- Ancient Egypt Transformed Into A Nation Much Faster Than Previously Believed
September 04 2013 10:49 PM
Research suggests that Egypt developed from a group of loosely connected farmers into a fully functioning state within as little as 600 years.
- Senate Foreign Relations Committee Approves 'Limited' Strike On Syria
September 04 2013 9:19 PM
The resolution, approved Wednesday night, passed by a measure of 10-7. It will head to the Senate floor next week.
- Richard III May Have Suffered From Roundworm Infection
September 04 2013 8:14 PM
After examining the soil around the monarch's skeleton, a Cambridge professor noticed several roundworm eggs near his pelvis.
- US Majority Opposes Strike On Syria: Poll
September 03 2013 11:26 PM
Most Americans across the political spectrum opposed a U.S. strike against Syria and also the supplying of weapons to its rebels.
- Electric Zoo Concertgoer Told EMS 'I Just Took Six Hits Of Molly' Before Dying
September 03 2013 10:47 PM
Olivia Rotondo, 20, reportedly told EMS workers “I just took six hits of molly,” before going into a seizure and dying at the Electric Zoo festival on Saturday.
- 6.9 Earthquake Hits Tokyo
September 03 2013 9:35 PM
A 6.9-magnitude earthquake struck the Izu Islands and was felt 400 miles away in Tokyo. Fukushima unaffected, Tepco says.
- North Carolina Church Requests That 'Only White People' Serve As Greeters
September 03 2013 8:44 PM
A North Carolina church is under fire after requesting that only white volunteers serve as greeters for morning services.
- London's Walkie Talkie Skyscraper Blamed For Melting Cars With Its Reflective Rays
September 03 2013 7:38 PM
A new London skyscraper nicknamed the Walkie Talkie reflects sunlight down to the street level. The resulting heatwave is enough to melt car parts and damage nearby shops.
- 'Breaking Bad' Episode 512 Recap: 'Rabid Dog' Finally Destroys Walt And Jesse's Relationship
September 02 2013 11:11 AM
Walt and Jesse's relationship has been the most important relationship throughout "Breaking Bad," and now the two are finally at each other's throats.
- ‘One Direction: This Is Us’ Dethrones 'The Butler' Over The Weekend
September 01 2013 9:39 PM
The Morgan Spurlock-directed concert film cost a paltry $10 million to produce, making it an immediate financial success.
- Electric Zoo Festival In NYC Canceled After 2 MDMA Deaths
September 01 2013 2:31 PM
After two concertgoers died of MDMA overdoses, NYC officials have shut down the electronic dance festival Electric Zoo on Randall's Island.
- Raytheon To Benefit From A Syrian Strike
August 29 2013 11:11 PM
A U.S. attack on Syria could mean a huge profit for defense contractor Raytheon, which makes the powerful Tomahawk cruise missiles.
- 'Game Of Thrones' Season 4: Michiel Huisman To Take Over Daario Naharis Role
August 29 2013 10:03 PM
"Game of Thrones" has recast Daario Naharis, replacing Ed Skrein with "Treme" actor Michiel Huisman.