Articles by Eric Brown
- Are Only 5 DC Residents Enrolled In Obamcare?
November 08 2013 5:06 PM
There's more to health care enrollment than Republican lawmakers are telling you.
- Obama Right About Diplomacy With Iran, Says Bipartisan Group
November 08 2013 2:28 PM
Republicans in Congress may slam Obama for opening to Iran, but there are Republicans in the foreign policy community saying just the opposite.
- Guess Who Is Speaking At A Messianic Judaism Fundraiser?
November 07 2013 7:02 PM
Will large swaths of the Jewish community find this offensive?
- US Senate Passes Gay Workplace Rights Bill, 64-32
November 07 2013 3:11 PM
Ten Republicans joined all Democratic senators in the vote. However, the bill faces a much sterner test in the GOP-controlled U.S. House.
- Rob Ford Threatens Murder In Newly Leaked Video
November 07 2013 1:10 PM
The Toronto mayor who admitted to smoking crack cocaine on Tuesday has been caught on video threatening to murder an unknown man.
- Senate Adds Religious Exemption To LGBT Anti-Discrimination Bill
November 06 2013 5:16 PM
The exemption for religious groups is likely an attempt at assuaging Republican interests.
- Arafat May Have Been Murdered With Radioactive Polonium
November 06 2013 1:12 PM
Swiss forensic scientists have found that the Palestinian leader may have been poisoned with the radioactive element.
- 10 Terrifying Twitter Visions Of NYC Under Bill De Blasio
November 06 2013 11:54 AM
Check out the most horrifying visions of New York’s imminent dystopian future under Bill de Blasio, courtesy of Twitter’s resident psychics.
- Toronto's Mayor Ford: Hey, I Messed Up, But I'm Staying
November 05 2013 4:52 PM
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford has announced that he will not resign as mayor after apologizing to his constituents for smoking crack cocaine.
- Rob Ford: 'I Have Smoked Crack Cocaine'
November 05 2013 1:37 PM
Ford stressed that he wasn't an addict but that he accepted crack during one of his many “drunken stupors.”
- Morsi Claims He Is Still President At Cairo Trial
November 04 2013 6:00 PM
Ousted Egyptian president Mohamed Morsi appeared on trial at a Cairo court Monday, his first public appearance since he was deposed on July 3
- Supreme Court Affirms Okla. Ruling Striking Down 'Abortion Pill' Ban
November 04 2013 4:39 PM
The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday left intact an Oklahoma Supreme Court decision striking down a state law banning the “abortion pill” RU-486.
- Toronto's Crack-Smoking Mayor Ford Apologizes, But Won't Resign
November 04 2013 12:52 PM
The mayor of Toronto is not resigning, despite reports that police have obtained a video showing him smoking crack cocaine.
- Hillary Clinton Almost Replaced Joe Biden And 11 Other Shocking Facts From 'Double Down'
November 01 2013 4:23 PM
Mark Halperin and John Heilemann's upcoming "Double Down" offers unparalleled insight into the 2012 presidential election.
- VA Denies Holding Back Information On US Veteran Casualties
November 01 2013 4:14 PM
The VA Department denied it is holding back veteran casualties info, despite a months-long drought of information on war on terror veterans.
- Stop-And-Frisk Changes Blocked By Appeals Court
October 31 2013 5:39 PM
The judge who ruled that NYC violated the Constitution by implementing the stop-and-frisk program was removed from the case.
- Cory Booker Sworn In To US Senate
October 31 2013 4:48 PM
Newark, N.J., Mayor Cory Booker was officially sworn into the United States Senate on Thursday. He is one of two black senators.
- Toronto Mayor Refuses To Resign After Cops Get Alleged Crack Video
October 31 2013 4:24 PM
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford says he has “no reason” to resign, even after police obtained a video allegedly showing him smoking crack cocaine onscreen.
- NSA Officials Told To Use 9/11 To Justify Spying
October 31 2013 12:02 PM
The NSA's phrase: “I much prefer to be here today explaining these programs than explaining another 9/11 event."
- NSA Collects ' Data From Google And Yahoo Private Servers
October 30 2013 3:50 PM
Newly leaked top secret documents have revealed that the National Security Agency has broken into Google and Yahoo's private data centers.