Articles by Eric Brown
- Oldest Congressman Asks Kathleen Sebelius If He Saw Her Riding A Tricycle In Kansas
October 30 2013 3:42 PM
Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius’ hearing before the House has been more than a little odd.
- Sebelius: 'I'm Responsible' For HealthCare.Gov Failures
October 30 2013 10:24 AM
The health and human services secretary said the American people "deserve better" and vowed to fix the website's problems.
- NSA Chief Denies Mass Spying On Europeans
October 29 2013 5:47 PM
Keith Alexander says Snowden and media “did not understand what they were looking at.”
- Jesse Jackson Jr. Begins 30-Month Sentence At North Carolina Prison
October 29 2013 3:18 PM
Jackson, the son of civil rights icon Rev. Jesse Jackson Sr., was convicted of misusing roughly $750,000 in campaign funds in February.
- Healthcare.gov: Sorry
October 29 2013 12:47 PM
Marilyn Tavenner of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services promised a full-court press to eliminate website flaws.
- Texas Abortion Restrictions Ruled Unconstitutional By Federal Judge
October 28 2013 5:07 PM
A federal judge has struck down key provisions of a controversial Texas law restricting access to abortions as unconstitutional.
- Budget Talks Resume On Wednesday, But Don't Expect A Bipartisan Solution Anytime Soon
October 28 2013 4:02 PM
It’s increasingly unlikely that budget meetings between President Obama and Republicans will yield any immediate results on Wednesday.
- Obama Was Unaware Of Spying On Merkel, Others: White House
October 28 2013 12:55 PM
U.S. officials denied reports the president knew that the NSA was spying on the leaders of allied nations.
- Can Atheists Still Be Spiritual? Oprah Prompts Debate
October 24 2013 10:30 PM
Can an atheist still be a spiritual person? Oprah says no, but atheists across America insist they can find meaning and awe in nature.
- 22 Cases Of Polio Suspected In Syria, WHO Says
October 24 2013 8:58 PM
Most of the individuals who contracted the virus are children under the age of 2.
- Twitter IPO Priced At $17 To $20 Per Share
October 24 2013 5:50 PM
An IPO at that level would value Twitter at more than $12 billion, much larger than older Internet companies like AOL.
- USS Forrestal, Navy's First Supercarrier, Sold To Scrapyard For 1 Cent
October 23 2013 11:55 PM
The USS Forrestal is the first of three non-nuclear aircraft carriers destined for the scrapyard.
- 'Sherlock' Series 3 Returns To American Airwaves Jan. 19
October 23 2013 7:10 PM
The British drama’s airdate hasn't been announced, but because the BBC has “first window” rights, series 3 will likely premier in the show's home country at least a week before hitting America.
- Tom Hardy To Star As Elton John In Upcoming Biopic 'Rocketman'
October 23 2013 5:41 PM
Previously, Justin Timberlake had also been considered for the role in the the biopic.
- American Airlines Plane Makes Emergency Landing In Turks & Caicos
October 22 2013 10:10 PM
An American Airlines plane safely made an emergency landing after the pilot reported a smoking engine and a fire in the cockpit.
- Kanye West Explains Why He Brought Jesus On His 'Yeezus' Tour
October 22 2013 8:55 PM
Kanye West says bringing a fake Jesus on his latest tour was a positive message of faith for his fans.
- Guards Of the Nuclear 'Button' Caught Napping
October 22 2013 8:21 PM
At least twice this year, Air Force guards in charge of launch keys to United States intercontinental ballistic missiles have been caught sleeping while leaving open blast doors.
- Cleveland Kidnap Victims Will Speak Out In Book, 'Dr. Phil' Interview
October 21 2013 10:21 PM
Two women imprisoned for a decade in Ariel Castro’s Cleveland home will tell the story of their horiffic abuse at Castro’s hands in a new book authored by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists, while the third woman will tell her tale on a “Dr. Phil” interview.
- Herpes Study Confirms That Human Migration Spread Out From Africa
October 21 2013 9:56 PM
A new study of the herpes virus has confirmed widely-held beliefs about human migration.
- Nevada Mourns Teacher Who Died Protecting Kids
October 21 2013 8:09 PM
Michael Landsberry is being mourned as a hero after he was killed protecting his students from a gunman.