- Disney Announces Additional $800 Million Investment In Shanghai Disneyland
April 29 2014 5:08 PM
Disney's upcoming Shanghai theme park will get an additional $800 million to develop day-one attractions courtesy of Disney and its state-owned partners in China.
- Donald Sterling's Billions Are Built On Exploitation
April 28 2014 7:49 PM
The L.A. Clippers owner who went on a racist tirade Saturday built his wealth on the backs of impoverished minorities.
- Zach Snyder To Direct 'Justice League' Film After 'Superman Vs. Batman'
April 28 2014 11:57 AM
Warner Bros. banks on the "Man of Steel" director to continue adapting the DC Comics universe to the big screen.
- Disney-Acquired Maker Studios Partners With Jukin Media
April 24 2014 6:42 PM
YouTube network Maker Studios is partnering with another YouTube kingpin, boosting Disney’s potential in the online video market.
- Chinese Director To Oliver Stone: You're Naive About The Risks We Face
April 24 2014 5:29 PM
Ning Hao shot back at Oliver Stone, saying the American's criticisms of Chinese film were shortsighted and that Chinese artists must work for free speech "little by little."
- Amazon's Deal Means Watching HBO Just Got A Lot Easier
April 23 2014 3:39 PM
Much of HBO's programming, though not its mega-hit "Game of Thrones," is headed to Amazon Prime's Instant Video service.
- Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Flops In US, But Is Bouyed By China
April 23 2014 2:04 PM
A strong promotional push aided the China opening; but in the U.S., audience interest in tech dystopias appears to be waning.
- Joss Whedon's Latest Stunt Is A Vanity Project, Not A Revolution
April 21 2014 6:02 PM
"Avengers" director Joss Whedon released his latest film, "In Your Eyes," directly to the Internet, but the bold move is unlikely to start a trend.
- Wu-Tang Fans Fight Back On Kickstarter
April 18 2014 6:49 PM
Wu-Tang Clan is producing a single copy of its new album to be auctioned off, and is also charging fans up to $50 to hear it.
- Why Disney Dropped Nearly $1B On A YouTube Channel
April 18 2014 3:44 PM
Disney is betting big on Maker Studios, a YouTube multichannel network.
- Oliver Stone And The Great Wall Of Chinese Film Censorship
April 18 2014 2:20 PM
The director has accused China's film industry of avoiding politically challenging fare.
- Obama Commutes Drug Offender's Sentence That Was Extended By Typo
April 15 2014 1:49 PM
An inmate whose sentence was accidentally extended by three and a half years due to a typo had his sentence commuted by President Obama.
- Boehner's Primary Challenger Goes Juvenile In Campaign Ad
April 14 2014 7:12 PM
John Boehner's Tea Party challenger in Ohio's 8th District has the sense of humor of a 13-year-old.
- April 15 Nears, And The Majority View On US Taxes Has Not Changed
April 14 2014 2:45 PM
A day before tax filings are due in the U.S., most say they're paying too much in federal income tax.
- Christian Persecution In The US? At Box Office, It Pays
April 12 2014 1:26 PM
A new breed of independent Christian films is selling lots of tickets, but there's a flaw with their premise.
- Outrage Over Reports That NSA Exploited Heartbleed Bug
April 11 2014 5:00 PM
The American security agency may have known about the bug for years.
- Crimea's Burger Brouhaha Gets Weirder
April 11 2014 2:50 PM
Burger King Russia's CEO said the U.S.-based fast-food chain would be coming to Crimea soon, but Burger King Worldwide disagreed.
- A Virus Killing Pigs Across The Nation Might End The Bacon Craze
April 10 2014 5:43 PM
The PED virus has killed millions of pigs this year, and a resulting jump in pork prices could hamper America's love affair with bacon.
- Pro-GMO Bill Could Repeal Rules To Label GMOs In Food
April 09 2014 8:09 PM
Dubbed the “Safe and Accurate Food Labeling Act,” the bill would overrule 24 state laws requiring food manufacturers to label products containing GMOs.
- Tennessee To UN: Stay Out Of Our Elections
April 09 2014 5:07 PM
Tennessee lawmakers have approved a bill demanding that the United Nations refrain from monitoring elections in the state without permission from the U.S. Senate.