Articles by Eric Brown
- Illinois Governor Hopeful Accused Of Sexual Harassment Against Males
February 11 2014 12:24 PM
Dan Rutherford, Republican primary candidate, has been accused of sexually harassing several male employees.
- Paul Can't Explain Why McConnell Deserves Re-Election
February 10 2014 5:40 PM
The Kentucy senator can't find a single good reason why he's supporting Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell's re-election bid.
- Is Walker Lying About Voting For Reagan?
February 10 2014 12:36 PM
The governor of Wisconsin claims to have voted for the conservative icon, but he was too young to have done so. What gives?
- Joe Biden: There's 'No Reason' Not To Run In 2016
February 07 2014 3:58 PM
Vice President Joe Biden said on Friday there is "no obvious reason" not to run for president.
- Congress Candidate Clay Aiken's Deleted Tweets
February 06 2014 4:12 PM
The singer and "American Idol" runner-up is a congressional candidate now, which means he has to clean up his act on Twitter.
- The Top US Diplomat Who Really, Really Likes Pussy Riot
February 06 2014 12:39 PM
The envoy to the United Nations is such a big fan of the Russian punk band that she wants to go on tour with them. (Not really, but Russia still got mad.)
- Clay Aiken For Congress! Singer Runs As Anti-Washington
February 05 2014 11:46 AM
The former “American Idol” star says Washington won't change him, just as Hollywood didn't.
- In Indie Video Games, It's The Candy Jam v. Candy Crush Saga
February 05 2014 6:38 AM
Participants in the Candy Jam created over 350 indie video games to protest the business practices of "Candy Crush Saga" owners King.
- CBO: Under Obamacare, Americans To Move Away From Full-Time Work
February 04 2014 3:38 PM
Because of benefits from Obamacare, 2.3 million Americans may opt not to work full-time by 2021. Republican anger is misguided.
- Coca-Cola's Super Bowl Ad Draws Anger From Right
February 03 2014 1:25 PM
Coca-Cola's commercial featuring "America the Beautiful" sung in various languages was heartwarming. So why is the right so mad?
- How Suburban Sprawl Is Killing The Environment
January 31 2014 12:48 PM
A Berkeley study found that cities generate much less greenhouse gas per capita than suburbs. Is this good news for cities?
- Dogecoin Sends Another Unlikely Athlete To Sochi
January 30 2014 5:21 PM
For the second time this month, Reddit's Dogecoin community has banded together to financially support an athlete’s way to the Olympics.
- The NSA Has A Civil Liberties And Privacy Officer
January 30 2014 3:04 PM
The agency caught spying on Americans announced that it has a new Civil Liberties and Privacy Officer, but who is she?
- Why Does Congress Look So White?
January 29 2014 3:55 PM
The United States is an increasingly diverse country, but you wouldn't know it from looking at a photographic average of Congress members.
- Atlanta Still Jammed After Rare Ice Storm, As Blame Game Begins [PHOTOS]
January 29 2014 12:54 PM
The biggest city in the South is still dealing with massive gridlock wrought by an out-of-place ice storm.
- Kenya Imposes Record Fine On Chinese Ivory Smuggler
January 29 2014 10:29 AM
Harsh sentences under strict new anti-poaching laws may help stem the illegal ivory trade in Africa.
- Pete Seeger And The Left: From McCarthyism To Occupy
January 28 2014 12:11 PM
The musician, who died Tuesday, was an icon of the progressive movement. Here's a history of his involvement with the cause.
- Anti-World Cup Protests Turn Violent In Brazil [PHOTOS]
January 27 2014 5:34 PM
Brazilians love soccer -- but protests against the 2014 World Cup turned violent in Sao Paulo.
- US Rep. Radel To Resign After Cocaine Conviction
January 27 2014 9:41 AM
The first-term Florida Republican, who was convicted of cocaine possession, will resign his post on Monday.
- Reinventing Against Me!: Why The Band's New 'Trasngender Dyphoria Blues' Is Their Most Politically Radical - And Important - Album Ever
January 25 2014 10:52 AM
In exploring Laura Jane Grace’s struggle with gender dysphoria, Against Me! has created their most radical album, and their best in at least a decade.