Articles by Eric Brown
- Kanye West Explains Why He Brought Jesus On His 'Yeezus' Tour
October 22 2013 8:55 PM
Kanye West says bringing a fake Jesus on his latest tour was a positive message of faith for his fans.
- Guards Of the Nuclear 'Button' Caught Napping
October 22 2013 8:21 PM
At least twice this year, Air Force guards in charge of launch keys to United States intercontinental ballistic missiles have been caught sleeping while leaving open blast doors.
- Cleveland Kidnap Victims Will Speak Out In Book, 'Dr. Phil' Interview
October 21 2013 10:21 PM
Two women imprisoned for a decade in Ariel Castro’s Cleveland home will tell the story of their horiffic abuse at Castro’s hands in a new book authored by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists, while the third woman will tell her tale on a “Dr. Phil” interview.
- Herpes Study Confirms That Human Migration Spread Out From Africa
October 21 2013 9:56 PM
A new study of the herpes virus has confirmed widely-held beliefs about human migration.
- Nevada Mourns Teacher Who Died Protecting Kids
October 21 2013 8:09 PM
Michael Landsberry is being mourned as a hero after he was killed protecting his students from a gunman.
- 'Community' Returns Jan. 9 As NBC Cancels Two New Shows
October 20 2013 7:03 PM
NBC’s cult-classic sitcom “Community” will return January 2014, the network announced this weekend. In addition to “Community’s” return, NBC has canceled its two lowest-rated new shows, “Ironside” and “Welcome to the Family.”
- Wikileaks Drama 'The Fifth Estate' Bombs While 'Gravity' Dominates The Weekend Box Office
October 20 2013 3:59 PM
Wikileaks founder Julian Assange may have been worried that the biopic “The Fifth Estate” would slander him on the big screen, but that may not be a problem considering that no one showed up to see it anyway.
- Did Snowden Take Classified NSA Documents To Russia?
October 17 2013 10:39 PM
The former NSA contractor claims he left the documents with a group of journalists from another country before he fled in June.
- Reporter Asks 'Gravity' Director What It Was Like To Film In Space
October 17 2013 10:25 PM
The reporter turned out to be Carlos “El Capi” Pérez of comedy talk show "Deberían Estar Trabajando."
- Obama To Nominate Jeh Johnson As Homeland Security Secretary
October 17 2013 9:24 PM
According to a senior administration officials, Obama will nominate Johnson 2 p.m. Friday during a White House ceremony.
- Asteroid 2013 TV135 Could Hit Earth In 2032
October 17 2013 8:55 PM
Ukranian astronomers discovered the 1,345-foot minor planet, whose collision with Earth would cause an explosion 50 times the power of the biggest nuke ever detonated.
- President Signs Bill To End Government Shutdown
October 16 2013 10:37 PM
President Obama signed the bill into law, after the Senate and then the House passed the debt deal Wednesday night.
- 'South Park' Misses Airdate For The First Time In 13 Years After Power Outage Shuts Down Studio
October 16 2013 10:25 PM
As a result, Wednesday’s “Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers” will not air this week and will instead be pushed back to Wednesday, Oct. 25.
- Corey Booker Wins Special Election For NJ Senate Seat
October 16 2013 10:10 PM
Newark's mayor defeated Steve Lonegan in a special election to fill the seat left vacant by the late Frank Lautenberg.
- NSA Head Keith Alexander Expected To Step Down In 2014
October 16 2013 7:38 PM
No one has been officially named as a replacement, but U.S. officials have claimed that Vice Adm. Michael Rogers could be a frontrunner.
- Missouri Lt. Gov. Calls For Grand Jury In Teen Rape Case
October 15 2013 10:17 PM
Peter Kinder has called for Missouri's attorney general to revisit the Maryville sexual assault case that has sparked Internet outrage.
- Paul Rudd And Joseph Gordon-Levitt Could Star In Marvel's 'Ant-Man'
October 15 2013 8:11 PM
Paul Rudd and Joseph Gordon-Levitt aren't traditional superhero types, but one of the two, or both, might grab the lead role in "Ant-Man."
- Twitter Chooses NYSE Over Nasdaq
October 15 2013 6:37 PM
In an updated S-1 form filed Tuesday, Twitter stated it would trade shares on the NYSE under the previously announced ticker name TWTR.
- Missouri Town Focus Of Outrage For Unpunished Teen Rape
October 14 2013 11:33 PM
Anonymous has targeted Maryville, Mo., following the Kansas City Star’s shocking report that the rapists of two underage girls walked free.
- NSA Collects Millions Of Americans' Email Address Books
October 14 2013 9:21 PM
The agency is mass-harvesting email address books and IM contact lists, according to the latest Snowden revelation.