Articles by Eric Brown
- Why Are US Consumers Feeling So Good Right Now?
January 07 2014 2:11 PM
U.S. consumers are feeling a little more peppy lately. Is it evidence-based or superficial?
- It's Yellen's Fed Now
January 06 2014 6:09 PM
The question remains: Will Janet Yellen reduce stimulus measures at the same pace that Bernanke would likely have done so?
- Should The US Capital Move To Nebraska?
January 06 2014 5:54 PM
A GOP politician who is running for the U.S. Senate has proposed such a move.
- Why Did Cheney Withdraw From Senate Race?
January 06 2014 12:51 PM
Liz Cheney cited health reasons for withdrawing from her Senate campaign, but there were more pressing reasons for her to bow out.
- NC Councilman Resigns From Term In Klingon
January 03 2014 4:43 PM
North Carolina city councilman David Waddell resigned from his post on Thursday with a letter written in Klingon.
- NYC At War Over De Blasio's Ban On Horse-Drawn Carriages
January 03 2014 2:52 PM
De Blasio’s new plan, backed by animal rights groups, would ban horse-drawn carriages and replace them with vintage-style electric cars.
- The Biggest Threat To World Peace Is ... America?
January 02 2014 1:36 PM
The Pakistanis, Russians and Chinese all have a problem with America, and they're not the only ones, according to a poll.
- Placentas, Drones And Marijuana: 11 New State Laws Coming In 2014
December 31 2013 3:53 PM
States are set to regulate everything from recreational marijuana to human placentas in a raft of laws taking effect next year.
- NYC Murder Rate Is Lowest In 50 Years
December 30 2013 6:08 PM
Murder rates in New York City have fallen to historic lows, even as stop-and-frisk encounters decreased 60 percent in 2013.
- Worst US Congress Ever: Poll
December 26 2013 4:44 PM
Millions of Americans are spreading holiday cheer this week, but that goodwill does not extend to Congress.
- Iran's Leaders Get Into The Christmas Spirit (Yes, Iran's)
December 24 2013 12:05 PM
Several of the Shiite theocracy's top leaders, including Ayatollah Khamenei, tweeted out Christmas-themed statements on Christmas Eve.
- The 10 Biggest Political Gaffes Of 2013
December 23 2013 11:57 AM
Sometimes, politicians can't help embarrassing themselves. Here are the 10 biggest political gaffes of 2013.
- More Than 1 Million Americans Have Signed Up For Obamacare
December 22 2013 10:50 AM
Sign-ups for Obamacare have surged in December, leading more than 1 million Americans to select a healthcare plan by Friday.
- Pussy Riot Members Will Be Freed, Putin Confirms
December 19 2013 5:41 PM
Pussy Riot's Nadya Tolokonnikova and Maria Alekhina were sentenced to two years in prison for “hooliganism motivated by religious hatred.”
- Conservatives Defend 'Duck Dynasty' Star's Anti-Gay Remarks
December 19 2013 3:39 PM
Sarah Palin, Bobby Jindal and other conservatives are defending anti-gay remarks made by "Duck Dynasty" star Phil Robertson.
- Bachmann Visits Libya To Probe Benghazi; May Do More Harm Than Good
December 19 2013 6:19 AM
Michele Bachmann and other Tea Party Reps. visited Libya to discuss the Benghazi attacks, but could their anti-Islamic views do more harm than good?
- Could Obama Really Make A Cameo On 'House of Cards'?
December 18 2013 12:41 PM
Netflix CEO Reed Hastings jokingly offered the president a cameo on the political show, but there are plenty of reasons it could really happen.
- Michigan Senate Hopeful Ducks Comment On 'Rape Insurance' Law
December 17 2013 1:22 PM
Terri Lynn Land, who hopes to take over Sen. Carl Levin's vacant seat in 2014, has not yet commented on Michigan's "rape insurance" law.
- NSA Phone Spying Unconstitutional: US Judge
December 16 2013 2:16 PM
U.S. District Court Judge Richard Leon ruled that PRISM likely violates the Fourth Amendment’s ban on unreasonable search and seizure.
- Joe Biden: My Ancestors Didn't Come To America Legally
December 12 2013 5:56 PM
Vice President Joe Biden said on Wednesday that several of his ancestors came into the United States illegally.